You Know What I Find Funny About Republicans?

WeKeepOnRockin

Many people on the far right of the political wing are totally against abortion because they believe in pro-life, and that's fine. What's NOT fine is to no longer have that feeling once the baby exits the womb. They no longer feel the desire to help needy families, or individuals on welfare who despite working full time are unable to support themselves. Plus, these SAME PEOPLE are 100% supportive of the death penalty. Like, what kind of hypocrisy? So you're pro-life AND pro-death?

• Like 1

They're the biggest hypocrits honestly. And what's funny is that most of these people, if not all, are Christians (well, they claim to be). Like you said, while it's fine to be pro-life, many of them tend to ignore the other issues you've mentioned like helping the needy. 

"Life is sacred. But yeah, let's not abolish the death penalty." Like, what? :orangu:

Their behavior is not Christian-like. And we won't even TALK ABOUT the fucking born-agains. 

• Like 2

Many people on the far right of the political wing are totally against abortion because they believe in pro-life, and that's fine. What's NOT fine is to no longer have that feeling once the baby exits the womb. They no longer feel the desire to help needy families, or individuals on welfare who despite working full time are unable to support themselves. Plus, these SAME PEOPLE are 100% supportive of the death penalty. Like, what kind of hypocrisy? So you're pro-life AND pro-death?

imo if you don't believe in abortion, you shouldn't believe in the death penalty, especially if you're a Christian. I hate the republicans, because they are two-faced bitches.

I agree wholeheartedly. And their dislike of abortion and contraceptives also upholds their misogynistic, patriarchal views that keep women in a subservient status, of which is the "Christian" way. I long for a government that is truly unbiased by religion. The closest we have to that is the Democrats, but liberalism is very "me, me , me" nowadays, however a much better alternative to the Republicans' views.

I agree wholeheartedly. And their dislike of abortion and contraceptives also upholds their misogynistic, patriarchal views that keep women in a subservient status, of which is the "Christian" way. I long for a government that is truly unbiased by religion. The closest we have to that is the Democrats, but liberalism is very "me, me , me" nowadays, however a much better alternative to the Republicans' views.

Sometimes you HAVE to look out for yourself, especially when you feel like nobody else is. 

• 2 weeks later...

I am a Conservative Republican. I believe 100% in pro-life. Because the baby IS a life.

My family gives a lot of money to the poor and (because of my family's small business) employs many people.

I DO believe in welfare in SOME situations. People who are on it, because they're not working or because of their own fault I do not agree with. People who are honestly trying hard, are elderly, and have broken families are okay and THAT is what welfare was created for.

And how can you claim you think we're contradicting ourselves by believing in life and death? Democrats do the same - just in a different manner (for example, most Democrats believe in abortion, but almost none believe in the death penalty).

As far as the death penalty goes, I do not agree with it. Some Conservatives do, some don't (for example, my family who has the same beliefs as me believes in it, while I do not).

What I find funny about Democrats is that they claim to be the most "loving" and "fair" people, when in reality they (most of them) are the most judgmental people and objectify all Republicans as being heartless, greedy, and selfish people - when they're not all like that.

Bottom line, there's good and bad people on both sides and I don't appreciate how this thread makes all Republicans look like monsters. We try to work hard, act justly, and treat everyone with respect.

They're the biggest hypocrits honestly. And what's funny is that most of these people, if not all, are Christians (well, they claim to be). Like you said, while it's fine to be pro-life, many of them tend to ignore the other issues you've mentioned like helping the needy.

I am Conservative and Christian and I still help the needy. I agree with welfare in some situations. But I don't understand how not believing in all forms welfare isn't helping the needy? It doesn't mean I hate people who are Democratic, not fortunate, or are poor. I love all people and treat them with respect and I help the homeless at a shelter almost every week and help pay for their food.

If you're in favor of the death penalty, may I suggest you read or watch Dead Man Walking - gives you a true story of a many executed on death row.

Also, I don't think people are aware that the cost of the death penalty is astronomically higher than having someone in prison the rest of their life.

The thing about abortion is that it truly is no ones business. If you are not financially and emotionally stable for a child you should not have to be forced to bring that child into a world of misery. That's just it. Women do not WANT To have abortions either, it's a very very traumatic situation and decision - but if they do not feel stable enough to bring a child into the world they shouldn't have to.

If you're in favor of the death penalty, may I suggest you read or watch Dead Man Walking - gives you a true story of a many executed on death row.

Also, I don't think people are aware that the cost of the death penalty is astronomically higher than having someone in prison the rest of their life.

The thing about abortion is that it truly is no ones business. If you are not financially and emotionally stable for a child you should not have to be forced to bring that child into a world of misery. That's just it. Women do not WANT To have abortions either, it's a very very traumatic situation and decision - but if they do not feel stable enough to bring a child into the world they shouldn't have to.

See, this is what drives me crazy! And then the Right complains about food stamps and welfare when if they weren't so opposed to choice then there would be much less families on welfare!