I Can't Deal With Homophobes On Facebook

ItsNathanbitch

They're just exhausting. I mean, why comment on a page that clearly supports same sex marriage? And I get the whole 'freedom of speech' thing, but personally, I think there should be limits to freedom of speech, but again, on the internet, what can you do?

I think one of the things I hate the most about what these people say, is the generalisations about gay people they make. For example, they seem to assume all gay people do anal. Like yeah, I realise a large number of gay men do, but not all of them. I know I never personally will. 

You're entitled not to agree with same sex marriage, but how hard is it to be a decent person? Leaving ignorant comments like 'yuck' or 'adam and eve not adam and steve' just makes you look pathetic and childish. 

Rant over! 

• Like 1

It's okay. Most of the people who feel that way are some of the most narrow-minded people on this planet. We won't even get into their CERTAINTY of things that no human could possibly know the answer to, like Heaven and how we came to be. 

You're completely right. They're the ones who feed into these stereotypes and prejudiced views about homosexuality, and really, we should feel sorry for them for being so uneducated. 

• Like 2

You're completely right. They're the ones who feed into these stereotypes and prejudiced views about homosexuality, and really, we should feel sorry for them for being so uneducated. 

And aren't they the same ones who say "Go to college if you want living wages?" Why, did THEY go to college? If so, request a refund because you didn't learn shit :gloria:

• Like 1

I agree, I feel bad for them because I think they are like that because of the way they where thaught to be by people around them, how the people around them where raised, they are closed minded because they are ignorant, they, at some point in their life where told stereotipical lies and believe them without further research because maybe for some reason, I think, they are scared of the difference or scared to accept that the way they were raised was a lie so they might be angry at them, they could understand but they refuse for some reason. Its very difficult sometimes to accept/understand someone different....

It makes me sad to think that maybe if they tried to open their heart to those 'differences' that they will see that all humans seek love and they way we humans are born is not choice, we are who we are. We humans only need love, pure love. Not what society think what love should be based on stereotypes, believes, religions etc.

But I have hope that things will change with time. One day maybe we will all accept love from ANY type, because love is simply love. <3

Maybe we should ignore the individual ignorance and accept that its not their fault if their mind and heart are so closed to acceptance and love.

P.S.: omg Lol that was a long thought anyways, dont let anyone bring you down ;) peace xx

• Like 1

I agree, I feel bad for them because I think they are like that because of the way they where thaught to be by people around them, how the people around them where raised, they are closed minded because they are ignorant, they, at some point in their life where told stereotipical lies and believe them without further research because maybe for some reason, I think, they are scared of the difference or scared to accept that the way they were raised was a lie so they might be angry at them, they could understand but they refuse for some reason. Its very difficult sometimes to accept/understand someone different....

It makes me sad to think that maybe if they tried to open their heart to those 'differences' that they will see that all humans seek love and they way we humans are born is not choice, we are who we are. We humans only need love, pure love. Not what society think what love should be based on stereotypes, believes, religions etc.

But I have hope that things will change with time. One day maybe we will all accept love from ANY type, because love is simply love. <3

Maybe we should ignore the individual ignorance and accept that its not their fault if their mind and heart are so closed to acceptance and love.

P.S.: omg Lol that was a long thought anyways, dont let anyone bring you down ;) peace xx

Exactly. I've noticed most of the homophobic comments are from older people, who like you said, were obviously brought up that way, and it's the newer generations that are more accepting and open minded! These are the people who use religion as an excuse to demonise and hate on people who don't conform to their beliefs, or lead a different lifestyle. Now I personally believe in God myself, however I truly don't think he'd have any problem with a loving, committed homosexual relationship. It might not be what he originally intended, however, society has changed in millions of ways since the beginning of time. 

Exactly! I think we're better off spending time focusing on all the positives, like all the work people are doing for gay rights, and the increasing number of churches who are becoming accepting of LGBT individuals :)

Haha don't worry, it's a topic where you will find yourself writing a lot about! Thank you, I'll try not to :)

Exactly. I've noticed most of the homophobic comments are from older people, who like you said, were obviously brought up that way, and it's the newer generations that are more accepting and open minded! These are the people who use religion as an excuse to demonise and hate on people who don't conform to their beliefs, or lead a different lifestyle. Now I personally believe in God myself, however I truly don't think he'd have any problem with a loving, committed homosexual relationship. It might not be what he originally intended, however, society has changed in millions of ways since the beginning of time.

Exactly! I think we're better off spending time focusing on all the positives, like all the work people are doing for gay rights, and the increasing number of churches who are becoming accepting of LGBT individuals :)

Haha don't worry, it's a topic where you will find yourself writing a lot about! Thank you, I'll try not to :)

Yes, you're right.

I love what you say about God, my mom believes in God in thinks the same way and it's a beautiful way to think, I believe in all kinds of spirituality that's positive and open-minded.

Yes sometimes its hard to stay positive but we have to! When I see the small changes in the society its gives me hope, especially when I see a lot of countries/places that accept gay marriage and equality.

* Somedaaay theyy will understaaand, Gods whole plan..!* (Lol) :)

• Like 1

Yes, you're right.

I love what you say about God, my mom believes in God in thinks the same way and it's a beautiful way to think, I believe in all kinds of spirituality that's positive and open-minded.

Yes sometimes its hard to stay positive but we have to! When I see the small changes in the society its gives me hope, especially when I see a lot of countries/places that accept gay marriage and equality.

* Somedaaay theyy will understaaand, Gods whole plan..!* (Lol) :)

So true. You have to try to think that way otherwise you'll go crazy! Especially since so many people are still so judgemental.

Exactly! There are more countries that are accepting of homosexuality than there are that aren't. As stupid as it is that in many ways, we've still got a long way to go, considering we're in 2014, but like you said, it's the small changes. Big changes don't just happen overnight :) 

:)

Guest Lᴜᴠ3�ɪ♥Hᴀᴛᴇ�ɪ

I totally agree with like everything you guys said :gloria:

I believe in God, but I don't have a religion. I see nothing wrong with loving someone, I mean how is that a sin? :aintevenmad: There's so many sexual orientations out there because we're ALL different, when someone tells me their sexuality it doesn't change how I see them or feel about them.

tbh a lot of people that make those homophobe comments are in denial in the closet :tea:

• Like 1

I believe in God, but I don't have a religion. I see nothing wrong with loving someone, I mean how is that a sin? :aintevenmad: There's so many sexual orientations out there because we're ALL different, when someone tells me their sexuality it doesn't change how I see them or feel about them.

tbh a lot of people that make those homophobe comments are in denial in the closet :tea:

Exactly! If only everyone thought that way, the world would be a much better place already. 

Or they're just assholes using the Bible as an excuse for their hatred :)

But I'd say a large number of them are in denial :queenflopga:

Guest Lᴜᴠ3�ɪ♥Hᴀᴛᴇ�ɪ

Exactly! If only everyone thought that way, the world would be a much better place already. 

Or they're just assholes using the Bible as an excuse for their hatred :)

But I'd say a large number of them are in denial :queenflopga:

MTE.

and then they contradict themselves because the bible says "Love thy neighbor" :zoomzoom: not "hate thy neighbor and bitch about everything" :pieceofwhat:

tbfh :queenflopga:

• Like 1

MTE.

and then they contradict themselves because the bible says "Love thy neighbor" :zoomzoom: not "hate thy neighbor and bitch about everything" :pieceofwhat:

tbfh :queenflopga:

I think they just choose to ignore that part of the bible altogether :reductive:

They also tend to forget 'Judge not lest ye be judged' and 'let he who is without sin cast the first stone' :pieceofwhat:

:reductive:

Guest Lᴜᴠ3�ɪ♥Hᴀᴛᴇ�ɪ

I think they just choose to ignore that part of the bible altogether :reductive:

They also tend to forget 'Judge not lest ye be judged' and 'let he who is without sin cast the first stone' :pieceofwhat:

:reductive:

mhm :uhhuh: it's almost like they skipped chapters in the bible :gloria:

and btw it's always the guys that add "no homo" to everything :tea:

• Like 1

Guest Lᴜᴠ3�ɪ♥Hᴀᴛᴇ�ɪ

There's so many other sections they also tend to overlook :tea:

Oh yes, definitely! If you were comfortable with your sexuality, you wouldn't feel the need to say that :pieceofwhat:

tbh I think they just read a big dictionary and called it the bible :goaway:

yup they beez in the closet :pieceofwhat:

• Like 1

Guest Lᴜᴠ3�ɪ♥Hᴀᴛᴇ�ɪ

Tbh! :reductive:

I see no lies :queenflopga:

You're flawless, I'll add you 14aaeky.jpg

• Like 1

Guest Lᴜᴠ3�ɪ♥Hᴀᴛᴇ�ɪ

Omg I was just about to add you! :madonnagu::jackk:

And thank you! You are too :hug:

:moorangu:

<3 yw, :hug: thank you

• Like 1

This except I am Christian, but anyways this. Also I just follow my rule of if you treat me nicely I treat you nicely no matter race, sexuality, etc. :)

• Like 1

Ignorant people, who didn't have good education about the LGBT community

I know it must be hard to deal with all that negativity Bb, but you just ignore them and be happy :hug:<3

Exactly. They feed into the stereotypes and prejudiced views about the LGBT community, so in a way I feel sorry for them for being so uneducated. But then again, they mainly use the Bible as a means of justifying their hate, which is the opposite of what Jesus would do :mhm:

Thank you so much, and I'm going to try to focus more on the positives <3:hug:

That's the way to think!! It should'nt matter what sexuality you are, if you're a good person, you are a good person regardless of the sexuality.

Yes, I think you're right, maybe they have a problem accepting their sexuality or someone close to them. They might be confused and since they don't ''get it'' they get mad with people who truly accept themselves. Maybe they're jealous because they can't be open about their sexuality!

• Like 1