Updated: All Of Britney's Albums With Interesting Facts And Album Information - All In One Place! (Remix Albums And Rumored Albums Included)

Term of Endearment

BlackJack - I missed you :hug: I am glad you like it - was gonna carry on with Blackout later - but just because you are here - I am going to do it now  :toxicwink:

omg thank you so much bb :crying2: i love u so much, I've missed you too! :hug: it's ok if you're tired dw! :) take your rest bb :hug:

Interesting facts:

Blackout was originally going to be rereleased in June 2008 - with 4 new songs, remixes and a DVD on the making of the album. The rerelease was cancelled because Britney was going to release Circus.

tumblr_ne11nhirPw1tz9tqeo1_500.gif

Kiss Me/You All Over was not included on the album because of 'circumstances beyond Brian Kidd's (the person who produced the track) control'.

State of Grace and Untitled Lullaby/Baby Boy were not included on the album because Jive felt they did not fit the sound of the album.

tumblr_ne11nhirPw1tz9tqeo3_500.gif

The instrumental of Freakshow was available to listen to on Bloodshy & Avant's MySpace a year before Blackout was released.

tumblr_ne11nhirPw1tz9tqeo2_500.gif

T-Pain also said in an interview in 2007 that Hot As Ice was a contender to be released as the lead single. Sean Garrett also said that one of the songs he worked on with Britney was going to be released as the lead single (this could be Toy Soldier, or one of the other songs they worked on together which did not make the album)

An unofficial remix of Gimme More was made with T.I. Despite not being official, it became popular and started gaining airplay on radio stations. Lil Mama and Lil Kim also made their own remixes to the song.

The Break the Ice video was supposed to have a chair dancing sequence from Britney, but this was cancelled due to her personal life, and an animated video was released instead.

531af2c2fe2ae3048a08e7c795e3a0ac.jpg

The selection for the first single had various steps:

1) In the spring of 2007, Sean Garrett said that one of the songs he produced for Britney was considered to be the first single, probably he spoke about "Toy Soldier".
2) Corte Ellis (one of the "Get Back" writers) confirmed, via twitter, in June 2007 that "Get Back" was originally thought as the first single from the album and that it would be release in September 2007
3) T-Pain has also confirmed in June 2007 that "Hot As Ice" was one of the competitors in the struggle as a potential first single.

normal_britney_spears583.jpg

"Everybody" was originally intended for Rihanna's second album, also the Cheetah Girls, but then Jonathan Rotem (producer of the song) decided to assign it to Britney, after he began to collaborate with her.

Also, after the song was introduced to her, Britney customized the lyrics, which was confirmed by the producer in an interview, but Britney never received the credit for the track.

tumblr_m4r266Kbkv1qhzbgwo1_500.gif

There is a rumour, that after Britney and J. Rotem had a thing, Britney decided to take some songs off the blackout list, and she said the only one she liked was everybody... some sources say that Britney recorded 6 or 7 tracks produced by J. Rotem

The album was rumoured to be called "Black" or "Black Curtain" or even "Piece of Me" as confirmed by Jive Records to refer to the project that ultimately was called "Blackout", understood as sending away the negativity (negativity (black) + away (out) = blackout).

Britney-Spears-2007-VMA-GIF-4.gif

SonyBMG Germany  confirmed that "Break The Ice" was originally intended to be the second single from the album, through a press release: "The first single 'Gimme More' reached the top 3 on the Billboard Hot 100 and after this record, Britney's label,  Jive Records, was ready to release the next single 'Break The Ice' (produced by Nate Hills) which will be sent to radios in mid-November".

tumblr_loju6wCaoz1qa9vqgo1_500.gif

The model Caultor John, who plays the priest in some shots from the album's booklet, said in an interview that there were pictures of him and Britney shot during the photo shoot that were more extreme than the two in the booklet. When he was asked about the photos, he said: "There was definitely chemistry between Britney and I on set and those pictures were pretty good, there were even some kisses".

tumblr_lkn9qgbRHk1qzznnqo1_5001.jpg

A rumour stated that a tour was planned for the promotion of  "Blackout", which apparently had to start in October 2007. In fact, Robert Baker, owner of the Millennium Dance Studio, confirmed that Britney & co. were taking samples and in search for dancers, to shoot the second video and start a mini tour. He also added that Britney had booked a considerable amount of space for the next two months to be able to work on new choreography, which gave us the serious impression of a tour.

tumblr_lojudwL7QM1qa9vqgo1_500.gif

The Japanese version of "Blackout" is accompanied by a booklet with lyrics which, strangely, has a different version to the known lyrics to "Piece Of Me". In the booklet, at the end of the song, the text concludes by saying: "

abnp02.jpg

It is possible that these were the original lyrics and they were later changed.

The booklet also includes texts of a spoken intro by Keri Hilson in "Outta This World", which can be heard in the demo version of the song. 'I know you hear me on your radio, well here we go. Please turn up your radio, wanna tell you something.'

britney_spears_blackout_2007_retail.jpg

tumblr_m2ufrqQZRK1qa0w6zo1_1335035350_co

Out of this world was intended to be part of the main tracks of the album. but Britney was very undecided if the track was right for the album or not, at the end she decided she wanted it to be, but it was a little bit late, so that’s why it's only an exclusive track from Target

Out of this world was originally called.. A Song About You.

tumblr_lzpnldlivp1qjldwzo1_500.gif

Originally, at the beginning of "Break The Ice", Britney says "can you take this?", but this can only be heard  in a few remixes that apparently use the demo track as opposed to the album version. One example is the "Wideboys Mix".

These remixes are official, but they have never been available on any of the CD singles or digital EP’s.

http://youtu.be/GViMgF48uF0

"Radar" was extracted as the fourth and final single from "Blackout" focusing on only two countries (USA and Brazil) It was printed and ready for release, but cancelled because of the forthcoming project  "Circus".

"Break The Ice" was extracted as the third single, perhaps thanks to the votes of the fans on the official site.

tumblr_ndre43OZu81thix6ho1_500.gif

"Piece Of Me" was so successful that in Germany, the single was reprinted in two limited editions (PT 1 and PT 2), making a total of 4 different issues of the single in German stores.

It seems that the choice to use the same photo to create the official cover of "Blackout", the  "Gimme More" single and advertise Britney's presence at the MTV Video Music Awards 2007, was related to the lack of immediate and ready material by Jive Records. Jive decided to speed up the release because of the excessive demo and official leaks that circulated on the net, that would have ruined the anticipation for the album.

britellen2007.jpg

"Blackout" is the first (and so far the only) album to have Britney as executive producer!

It is believed that "Blackout" is one of the few albums to not have an alternative cover, but it isn't. In 2007, shortly after the album's release in the US, in response  to the criticism made from the fans about the album cover artwork, a version was released with the booklet reversed, in a way that the photo that appeared on the inner cover (the back of the booklet) was used instead – they even printed "BRITNEY SPEARS BLACKOUT" on the side of the case, to make it more official. Unfortunately the project went ahead only in an American chain and in fact this is one of the rarest cd.

britney-blackout-1200x520.jpg

The original titles of "Haven On Earth" and "Ooh Ooh Baby" were possibly shorter. In August 2007, Kara DioGuardi (co-producer and co-author of both songs) said that two of her songs would appear on the new album,  she said: "I wrote and co-produced 'Ooh Baby' with Fredreck and produced 'Heaven' with Freesha."

"Hot As Ice" was officially called "Cold As Fire", but the title was changed because it was one of the first demo’s to leak with the correct name, (“Cold As Fire”). This was also confirmed by T-Pain, who wrote the song, in an interview.

Britney+Spears+-+Blackout.jpg

"Blackout" was to be re-published on June 17, 2008 with new material, taking advantage of the promotion of "Radar". The Spanish website ProMusic (which is related to many record labels) declared on December 24, 2007: "A special edition of Britney Spears, 'Blackout' will be released! It will include the original album, plus 4 new tracks, remixes and a DVD on the production of the project. It will be released on June 17, 2008." 

The site later  stated (January 9, 2008) that the re-release of "Blackout" has been postponed to October 28, 2008.The producer Dallas Austin said in a chat room (June 2008) that "Blackout" was about to be re-released before Britney's sixth album, but plans for this were skipped because Britney's team decided to focus on a brand new image and project all over again in order to permanently end the "Blackout" era – mainly due to too much negativity... ironically the Circus tour featured tracks mainly from the Blackout era…

fc1467dd35344d361c4d873aea02c778.jpg

More details about Radar….. "Radar" should have been sent to U.S. radio stations  on June 24, 2008 but the release was cancelled at the very last minute. It was removed from All Access (a web site that shows the delivery dates of songs to radio). An e-mail addressed to a member of the Popjustice forum (June 11, 2008), from a representative of Sony BMG Canada said: "For now I have been informed to remove the promotional CD for 'Radar' sent to radio and warn that the promotion of 'Blackout' is finished". The reason for this decision seems to have been linked with the decision to stop promoting an album negative to her image and focus on ‘rebranding’with new material.

It is s for this reason that there were several sellers on ebay with tons of promotional CD’s for "Radar’’.

tumblr_mrm701WUkJ1rnatwqo1_500.jpg

The sentence "It’s Britney bitch" was not planned in the original lyrics of "Gimme More", but Danja told Britney in the studio to do it as a joke.  In  the end, they decided to include as it sounded great.

britney_spears___blackout_by_am11lunch-d

The "Gimme More" video is the most mysterious video of all the Britney's videography. The  officially release  concentrates on one main scene where Britney pole dances. But these scenes were only supposed to make up a few seconds of the official release. There are many different scenes that were filmed – however only a few have been leaked.  The reason for this is still unknown. On July 18, an alternative version leaked featuring some exclusive outtakes, but this is still nothing compared to all the other scenes filmed. You can read more about this on the video facts in the OP.

http://youtu.be/wE0CSrg-2ZY

http://youtu.be/dTKtgqfm3Sc

Almost all of "Blackout" was recorded in 2006, when Britney was pregnant with Jayden James. On November 14, 2006 the songs from the"Blackout" sessions recorded were:
01. "Gimme More" (Danja)
02. "Pull Out" (Danja & Lil' Jon)
03. "Break The Ice" (Danja)
04. "Outta This World" (Danja)
05. "Get Back" (Danja)
06. "Ooh Ooh Baby" (Fredrick & Kara DioGuardi)
07. "Catch Me If U Can" (Danja)
08. "Kiss Me All Over" (Sean Garrett)
09. "Everybody" (J.R.)
10. "Get Naked" (Danja)
11. "State Of Grace" (Lisa Greene & Steve Anderson)
12. "Cry" (J.R. & Kara DioGuardi)
13. "Downtown" (J.R. & Britney Collaboration)
14. "To Love, Let Go" (Devo Springsteen: Track, Britney: Lyrics)
15. "No One" (Devo Springsteen: Track, Britney: Lyrics)
16. "The Face" (J.R. & Britney Collaboration)
17. "Rebellion" (?: Track, Britney: Lyrics)

In 2008 Bloodshy & Avant were interviewed on the work they had done with Britney, saying that they rejected names like Beyonce, preferring to work with Britney. When asked about the "Blackout" sessions: "It's always been an unwritten law that no song should relate to Britney's life. We thought of doing a song in response to 'Cry Me A River' by Justin Timberlake. It would have be nice if Britney had a blunt response……But nothing happened, unfortunately". The song intended as a response to JT was Sweet Dreams My LA EX and this was rejected by the label – and  given to Rachel Stevens…. See the video below.

The same fate was planned for  "Piece Of Me", but Britney really loved the track.

http://youtu.be/k7laXQAjtw0

tumblr_mckes5TB5M1ra42peo1_500.gif

Heaven On Earth was hard for Britney to record, because at that time she broke up with Kevin. Although she felt lonely she still liked the song and recorded it. At the end of the song you can hear Britney’s voice almost breaking because she cried after she recorded it...

The song "Umbrella" by Rihanna was destined for the album "Blackout". The producers, The Dream, Christopher Stewart and Kuk Harrell wrote it with Britney in mind, but in the end Britney refused the song.  "When I Grow Up" by Pussycat Dolls was rejected by Jive, stating that they had enough material.

v7z1ft.jpg

Britney however did film a cameo slot for the PCD music video, When I Grow Up but this was deleted at the very last minute - as the filming did not level up and looked strange – you can read about this in the Video Post.

Britney-Spears-2007-VMA-GIF-5.gif

No songs from the Original Doll Project where part of the blackout album, nor were there ever plans to include any of these tracks. Most of the songs from BO were recorded from late 2005 – 2007.

britney-spears-blackout-mister-scandal.j