Updated: All Of Britney's Albums With Interesting Facts And Album Information - All In One Place! (Remix Albums And Rumored Albums Included)

Term of Endearment

Sales:

Album

Worldwide: +12,000,000
US: +5,000,000

Singles

I'm A Slave 4 U

Worldwide: Unknown
US: 448,186
France: 100,000
low Sales due because of the song's 12-inch single release used for DJ's instead of a competitive regular CD single*

Overprotected

US: 140,000 - Physical Sales
France: 50,000 - Physical Sales
Sweden: 10,000 - Physical Sales

I'm Not A Girl, Not Yet A Women

US: 122,000 - Physical Sales
AUS: 35,000 - Physical Sales

I Love Rock n' Roll & Boys

No Source Of Sales

Non- Singles Sales

Cinderella: US: 118,000
Anticipating (Promo Single): US: 80,571
That's Where You Take Me: US: 17,000

Total Records In Era: +17,123,000

britney-spears-herb-ritts-2003-1.jpg

Britney Co-wrote all but four of the tracks that appear on the album and often changed lines in her songs to better suit what she felt was better for the song.

The album got favourable reviews for production and song writing prowess but was criticized for Spears’ vocals.

PromoShoots+In+The+Zone+(2).jpg

Everytime was written as a response to Cry Me A River, a Justin Timberlake song about his relationship with the pop princess.

Of the many writers on the album, one of them was Terius Nash or The-Dream as he’s most known as.

XRAY_B_511.jpg

Author Judith Ann Peraino stated that the Me Against The Music music video was essentially a passing of the torch of gay icons in the media. She even used Judy Garland and Barbara Streisand as examples to juxtapose the two.

1291983675264_f.jpg

Spears has named Toxic as her favorite of her career.

On the international albums, a bonus track is inserted titled The Answer, a song co-written by P. Diddy.

In 2004, Spears’ began a downward spiral including a quickie marriage. However, her studio tried their best to not tarnish her image. A compilation CD/DVD was released almost one year after In The Zone.

7550f08152a74bcae73ba7deee7b9016.jpg

R. Kelly provided background vocals on some of the songs.

normal_RanjiSinghGrewal_(11).jpg

The album was originally titled 'Get In the Zone' but this was shortened. There was an issue with copyright due to another band, which meant that the tour would also later be called OHT as opposed to In The Zone.

Britney-Spears-In-The-Zone-Del-2003-Tras

The original album cover art was supposed to be a less zoomed in picture of what the final album cover art was. Some retailers still use this cover, however it is extremely rare and hard to find. When Britney performed on the UK X Factor in 2008, when they announced her, they showed a montage of her album covers and this alternative cover art was used. Another alternative cover art can also be found of the original cover art, but in yellow (some say it looks green) rather than blue. This cover is also rare and hard to find.

britney-In-the-zone.jpg

Brave New Girl was originally meant to be titled 'Brave Girl'. It's also rumoured Toxic's original name was 'Toxic Guy' (this may not be true, as a Brazilian magazine previewed tracks from In the Zone before the album's release, it said the sixth track on the album was called ‘Toxic Guy' and as the magazine was written in Portuguese, it may have been a translation error.

The same magazine also said the album was supposed to be called 'Outrageous' (this again, may have been a translation error, a rumour, or might have actually been considered to be an album title at one point).

Brave New Girl was used as the track for the movie ‘Brave New Girl’ – Based on ‘A Mother’s Gift’ By Lynn and Britney.

850x571x1322Brave_New_Girl.jpg.pagespeed

On Touch Of My Hand – Britney commented that if a guy can talk about Masturbation and do it – she does not understand why a girl cannot. She never understood why it was such a scandal.

britney-spears-7.jpg

The singles for ITZ – were released during the music industry slump in sales. Even though the industry was in crisis – Britney still managed to sell high figures. Toxic sold over 6 million and Everytime sold over 4.5 million. The power of Britney.

I’ve Just Begun Having My Fun – was released as an Itunes only single – using one of the ITZ photo-shoot pictures. It also used the same font as the ITZ album. The song later featured in the movie Bridesmaids.

Look Who’s Talking Now – is a song about Justin Timberlake – and was recorded in 2002 for ITZ.

Tell Me What You Sippin’ on is also an ITZ reject, which was later confirmed to be released on the Bonus CD, that came with the DVD. This was however cancelled last minute, It was officially announced to feature on the Bonus DVD – along with a remix of Toxic and MATM. The tracks would also include don’t hang up.

tumblr_n4vgd4nRsm1rtsc52o1_500.png

Ying Yang Twins – featured on I Got That Boom Boom because Britney heard one of their tracks and loved it. She wanted them to feature.

tumblr_mnep21tuBM1r3ty02o1_500.gif

Cathy Dennis and Bloodshy & Avant wrote and produced a song for Britney for In the Zone called 'Sweet Dreams My LA Ex' which was supposed to be about her relationship with Justin Timberlake. Britney rejected the song. The song was then later given to British singer Rachel Stevens.

be3759d592f05fab6fc4e6a66ff94af5.jpg

It is rumoured that, if Britney didn't injure her knee during the Outrageous video music shoot and the Onyx Hotel Tour wasn't cancelled; more singles may have been released from In the Zone. It was also rumoured at the same time Britney wanted to release Breathe On Me as a single after Outrageous. Outrageous was taken on for The Soundtrack for Catwoman – but due to the knee injury – the soundtrack idea was scrapped. As the single was in such advance stages – Jive released it as a radio hit anyway. The rumour is that Outrageous took over the spot for BOM and TOMH.

tumblr_mjtak1Qc6A1r3ty02o1_500.gif

Toxic was the only single to win Britney a Grammy.

tumblr_lwen1jTzH01r3ty02o1_500.gif

Jive wanted (I Got That) Boom Boom to be the first, then second, and then third single from In the Zone before Britney chose Me Against the Music, Toxic and Everytime.

Jive also wanted Outrageous to be the lead single from In the Zone at one point.

Outrageous was supposed to be a single all along, as R Kelly said that the song had to be released as a single, if Britney was going to work with him.

Britney%20Spears%20013.jpg

It was rumoured in early 2004 that In the Zone was going to be rereleased with new tracks. Her manager Larry Ruldoph also apparently seemed to hint at this, at the time.

Me Against the Music video has deleted scenes which featured Britney in an oxygen tank. It was also rumoured before the video was shot that Guy Ritchie, Madonna's husband at the time, was going to direct it.

rs_500x266-130905114117-tumblr_lioky7MJd

The intro to Touch Of My Hand is reversed - when the song is played backwards, you can clearly hear the instruments playing the way they were originally, when the song was recorded. 

In_The_Zone_Color_Cover_Full.jpg

There is an alternative version of Early Mornin' - it features much stronger vocals from Britney and she says 'shit' in the chorus.

zone-takeover-early-mornin--large-msg-13

Chaotic was originally supposed to be the 11th track on the album, but was replaced by Brave New Girl. It was then confirmed by Sony BMG that it was going to a bonus track on the European edition of the album, but that didn't happen either.

Over To You Now, a UK & Japan bonus track on the Britney and Kevin: Chaotic EP, was also another In the Zone leftover. 

Girls and Boys, a song included on the bonus disc that came with the In the Zone DVD's release in Europe and Australia, was not included on the album because Linda Perry, the song's producer, and Britney felt it belonged on a soundtrack for a movie.

tumblr_mrixf0XbWZ1qltyiuo1_500.gif

Shadow is registered twice on ASCAP, which means an alternative version was recorded. It has different writers. This version is rumoured to be a Spanish version, titled 'Sombre'. There is also a rumour that Shadow was supposed to be the first single.

An unofficial remix of Toxic by DJ Sat One features a rap by female rapper Bahamadia - it is usually mistaken to be a remix produced by RedZone and featuring a rap from Penelope Magnet. The remix was not commissioned and is a bootleg.

Different versions of Outrageous exist and were apparently sent to radio in June 2004. One was a shortened version which removed some parts of the song. The second was more upbeat and had a faster instrumental. A snippet of the 'upbeat' version leaked online in 2004 but this clip is now extremely rare and hard to find. It is also rumoured a remix with Snoop Dogg was commissioned, but this hasn't be confirmed. In Fact during a recent interview – Snoop Dogg said that he had not recorded with Britney. Could this be to stop people asking for the version? We will never know…

The director of the Outrageous video, Dave Mayers, originally wanted Britney to wear a 'catwoman' style suit in the video (due to the fact the song was appearing on the track listing to the soundtrack for Catwoman), but Britney went against this idea.

tumblr_mavn34co9r1rz9nqgo1_500.gif

The video for "Toxic" was Britney’s idea, after a promotional tour in Japan. When the plane was landing in Los Angeles, Britney had already planned the entire history of video recordings and started 3 days later.

Britney doesn’t like Outrageous, but her team made a deal with Britney to include this song in exchange for Breath on Me and Touch Of My Hand, because the team thought this song would cause controversy, they made the deal with Catwoman in early 2004 and Britney was forced to perform it on the onyx hotel. The performance was a short one as she did not really have a feel for it.

tumblr_lsmnn7Newk1r3ty02o1_r1_500.gif

It was also reported that Britney did not want to shoot the video for Outrageous. She was apparently tired and exhausted, as she just performed on the European leg of the Onyx Hotel Tour, and had to take a long flight to New York. This may or MAY NOT have triggered her knee injury. 

Britney was supposed to perform (I Got That) Boom Boom with the Ying Yang Twins on SNL in 2003, but couldn't because the Ying Yang Twins has other commitments. She performed Everytime instead.

v66vt5.jpg

• Like 1

The Mr Collipark remix of (I Got That) Boom Boom was supposed to be included on the rerelease of the Ying Yang Twin's studio album U.S.A.: Still United but it was not included on the final track listing for unknown reasons.

tumblr_m1trfp9rrW1qfxq87o1_500.gif

Touch Of My Hand was filmed for the ABC special, but it didn't make the DVD. I believe it was said, she performed this in the Chaise Lounge too?

tumblr_m9aiecJsmB1qd8zg3o1_250.gif

The performances of Me Against The Music & Breathe on Me from the Rain nightclub were supposed to feature on the In The Zone DVD, but were cut too. 

And Then We Kiss is an ITZ reject that was supposed to be on the Chaotic EP but was removed last minute. There was also a rap song called Sin City, that was also due to be on the album.

tumblr_ly665czg921r3ty02o1_500.gif

The symbols on the In The Zone Album – seen below – mean Britney Spears – If you download the first symbol and type Britney Spears – you will see the symbols appear in the same order.

britney_spears_-_in_the_zone_-_booklet_(

The Origional version of Me Against The Music did not feature Madonna – however when Madonna heard the track following their VMA performance – she wanted in on it. Britney has performed the track without the Madonna vocals in 2003 in Las Vegas – however this footage is very rare.

I Got That Boom Boom was released on radio in South Africa as the second single and was on their VIP track list on a radio station called 5FM – that is until they were told that Toxic was the new single instead.

Britney%20Spears%20-%20In%20The%20Zone%2

Wiki Information:

In the Zone is the fourth studio album by American recording artist Britney Spears. It was released on November 12, 2003, by Jive Records. Its music incorporates dancehousetrip hop and hip hop styles with instrumentation from guitars, drums, synthesizers, strings, and Middle Eastern musical instruments. Its themes range from love, dancing, empowerment, and in the case of songs such as "Touch of My Hand", sex and masturbation. Contributions to the album's production came from a wide range of producers, includingBloodshy & AvantR. KellyTrixsterMobyGuy Sigsworth and The Matrix.

With the conclusion of the Dream Within a Dream Tour in July 2002 and the end of her relationship with Justin Timberlake, Spears planned to take a six-month break from her career; however, work for In the Zone began later that November. She began writing songs for the album while touring internationally, despite not knowing the direction of the album. She experimented with different producers, trying to find those with whom she had chemistry. The first song recorded was "Touch of My Hand", which Spears claims set the mood for the album. She co-wrote all but four tracks, and often changed the lyrics to suit herself. Spears stated she was an autobiographical songwriter, although not to the point where she felt self-exploited. She also explained that the sexual nature of In the Zone was subconscious and happened while she was in the process of developing the album. Spears collaborated with artists such as Madonnain "Me Against the Music" and the Ying Yang Twins in "(I Got That) Boom Boom".