Updated: All Of Britney's Albums With Interesting Facts And Album Information - All In One Place! (Remix Albums And Rumored Albums Included)

Term of Endearment

Wiki Information:

B in the Mix: The Remixes Vol. 2 is the second remix album by Britney Spears, released on October 7, 2011 by RCA Records. On September 9, 2011, Spears announced the release by posting the cover art and track listing on her Tumblr. The album includes remixes of various tracks from her fifth-seventh albums, Blackout (2007), Circus (2008) and Femme Fatale (2011), as well as a remix of "3". The remixes were done by DJs such as KaskadeTiësto and Benny Benassi. The music was influenced by various genres of pop music, such as dance-pop and pop rock.

tumblr_lqyb34jHss1qdo7imo1_500.jpg

Critics gave generally favorable reviews to the album. Some reviewers considered B in the Mix: The Remixes Vol. 2 more creative when compared to studio albums Blackout and Circus and praised several remixes, despite noting that most of the songs lost their "magic" in a remixed form. B in the Mix: The Remixes Vol. 2 achieved moderate success worldwide, reaching top five positions in Argentina and South Korea, while peaking at number four on the Billboard'Dance/Electronic Albums and number nine on the UK Dance Albums Chart.

tumblr_lrq9kaeGtv1qi7teho1_500.png

In November 2005, Spears released her first remix album, B in the Mix: The Remixes. During the next six years, she released three studio albums: Blackout (2007), Circus (2008) and Femme Fatale (2011).Online store Fragantica.com reported that Spears' new fragrance Cosmic Radiance could "be expected with launch of new remix album" by Spears in August 2011.On September 2, 2011,Sony Japan posted the cover art of a remix album by Spears titled B in the Mix, The Remixes 2, along with the announcement that it would feature unreleased tracks. The cover art for the album features Spears smirking with hair in her face behind a butterfly, while wearing a silk outfit. Amy Sciarretto of PopCrush said that although the cover resembled that of B in the Mix: The Remixes, it is a "a somewhat unflattering shot of the normally gorgeous star." On September 9, 2011, Spears posted the official cover and track listing for B in the Mix: The Remixes Vol. 2 on herTumblr. The track listing included remixes of three tracks from each of her last three studio albums, as well as a remix of "3" from The Singles Collection (2009).However, the Varsity Team Remix of "Criminal" was removed from most editions before the album's release and the Radio Mix was included in its place.

6145185175_3644dd35a2_z.jpg

The album opens with the Radio Mix of "Criminal", a guitar-driven midtempo song, which incorporates a folk-style flute melody. Erin Thompson of the Seattle Weekly said the song "takes a breather from aggressive, wall-to-wall synths, driven instead by a steady guitar rhythm and an oddly Asian folky-sounding flute melody." The beat was compared by Keith Caufield of Billboard to Madonna's "Don't Tell Me" (2000). The Kaskade remix of "Gimme More" follows as the second track; the record producer said that it was a challenge to make the song good in his house musical style, commenting, "I wanted to make sure that it would be something that would eventually fit into my live set. That is the true test for me: Taking a huge pop vocal and making it work with my music can be a little tricky, but I find the challenge fun.’’ The Tiësto remix of "Piece of Me" was described as "timeless". He said, "the melody, the atmosphere [of the remix] is totally different than the original. For me, it's always been a special remix. I'm glad they added that on the album."  Kaskade also commented that the remix album "shines a new light on the EDM scene and how far it can reach."  Cobra Starship's Alex Suarez remixed "Till the World Ends". Suarez commented that he didn't want to distant the remix structure from the original version, and noted, "the thing with a Britney Spears remix is people like to sing along." "Womanizer" was remixed in a trance form by DJ Benny Benassi, while U-Tern's "If U Seek Amy" remix is influenced by disco.

6300293243_e65b4ce1b2_b.jpg

After its release, B in the Mix: The Remixes Vol. 2 received generally favorable reviews from contemporary critics. Stephen Thomas Erlewine of Allmusic commented that a "clutch of DJs and remixers, primarily European, have been hired and they’ve run wild, taking the original versions as merely suggestions, something that's entirely appropriate in this case." He also noted that "the variations are quite far removed from the original -- U-Tern's spangly disco spin on 'If U Seek Amy' is a decided improvement -- and while nothing can save a lousy song (see 'Criminal'), this collection has as much imagination and energy as either Circus or Femme Fatale." Jocelyn Vena of MTV said that, after being "chopped, screwed and broken down, the songs reach[ed] new extremes" in the remix album.

Barnes & Noble reviewer noted that "the B-sides of Spears' singles have always been an arena where more aggressive, club-oriented interpretations of her work can get an airing," while Entertainment Wise writer Shaun Kitchener gave the remix album a mixed review, saying that, with most of the remixes, "a great deal of the magic is lost" when compared to original productions, citing "Till The World Ends" and "If U Seek Amy" as the most notable examples. Jason Lipshutz of Billboard said that "among the album highlights are Manhattan Clique's club remix of '3', Gareth Emery's take on 'I Wanna Go', Tiesto's club mix of 'Piece of Me', and Alex Suarez's reworking of 'Till the World Ends'." 

The remix album achieved moderate success worldwide. In the United States, B in the Mix: The Remixes Vol. 2 entered the Billboard 200 at number 47, with sales of 9,000 copies, for the issue dated October 19, 2011. It also reached number four on the Dance/Electronic Albums component chart. In the United Kingdom, the remix album peaked outside the top 100, while debuting at number nine on the Dance Albums Chart. In Canada, the remix album debuted at number 53,  and peaked inside the top 30 in Italy. B in the Mix: The Remixes Vol. 2 reached top five positions on South Korea's Gaon Chart, where it reached number two, and on Argentina Albums Chart, where it reached number five.

6154689534_0fcee6f52e_z.jpg

The Original Doll:
Everyone wants the scoop on Britney's unreleased album, The Original Doll.

Britney said in an interview in 2004 she only wanted one producer on her next album. Bloodshy & Avant/Michelle Bell might be the producers due to Michelle writing a lot of songs for the album & Bloodshy & Avant produced Mona Lisa - the only song confirmed for Original Doll at the time.

4665242_orig.jpg

POSSIBLE INFO (NOT CONFIRMED) - A reliable inside source who posts on a certain Britney forum apparently said that "The Original Doll" album title was Britney somewhat making fun of Jive Records because at the time they wanted to attempt to put together a girl band that would have the same success and style that Britney had during 2004/the "In the Zone" era (at the time, they were apparently going to be somewhat like the nightclub/burlesque act the Pussycat Dolls - this was before the pop group the Pussycat Dolls had formed or released any singles). Britney found it funny that Jive wanted to 'clone her', and that is why she titled the album this and this is also why she titled the song "Mona Lisa" (a reference to something that has often attempted to be duplicated but cannot be). The lyrics in the chorus to "Mona Lisa" also refer to this. (This is NOT CONFIRMED) 

Britney%252BSpears%252B-%252BMonalisa.jp

Reasons why Jive cancelled the album could be :
1. Britney got pregnant.
2. Britney premiered Mona Lisa onto the radio without their permission.
3. Jive did not like the material intended for the album (more organic pop)
4. Britney was rush releasing it, as she had released GH:MP only a few months before.

Songs for Original Doll:
Mona Lisa
Money, Love and Happiness
Peep Show
Ouch
Like I'm Fallin' 
Take Off
So Original (Cause I'm a Doll) (rumoured)

BritneyrecordWomanizer.jpg

• Like 1

Other 5th album plans:
- Britney also planned to record some of the songs for her fifth studio album with live instrumentation and blues influences. If recorded, these songs were scrapped. 

- It is unknown if these 'blues influenced tracks' were supposed to be for Original Doll, or early Blackout stages, as sources say this stuff was intended for her 5th album released in 2006.

This is the best article I have ever read – when it comes to Origional Doll – everything you ever need to know:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/hunterschwarz/britney-spears-original-doll-secret-history-lost-album

Christmas Album:
Posted on Billboard.com on December 10, 2005 (Bill Pollard's blog): "A few buddies and I ran across a promo that Jive Records hopes to become a record. Britney Spears, a few years back, recorded a few rough tracks, which were to become a Christmas album of some sorts. Who knows what happened. But the few tracks on the demo that I heard were promising. Word to Jive Records: "We need new Britney music, if not for sales, for the fans!" (Source no longer available) 

If Britney was planning on releasing a Christmas album, it would have been released in 2000/2001. Songs intended for the album could have been My Only Wish (This Year) and a studio version of Silent Night (she performed Silent Night the same time that My Only Wish was recorded)

Album with Stonecreek Records/Productions:
Supposedley, Britney had a record deal before Jive.
She signed with Stonecreek Records/Productions in 1994, at the age of 12. 
The label was a subsidairy of Epic Records and was owened by Boyz II Men.
Britney was supposdley working on an album for release on that label.
"She's currently producing an album with Stonecreek productions who represents Boyz II Men." Said by announcer during performance in 1996 
It is unknown about Britney\'s time on this label. Because the label folded/shut down in 1997, it is possible she did not record anything whilst on this label. If she did, the songs were probably only demos & had a more R&B sound & produced by producers who worked with Boyz II Men. The last known time Britney had a deal with that label is in 1996 or early 1997.

Britney's Record Label:
- It was rumoured in 2003/2004 that Britney was starting her own record label.
- It would have been a subsidiary of Jive 
- Rumoured titles: Britney Spears Productions, B&L Productions, Superstar Records
- Britney was considering signing Jojo and American Idol contestant Kristy Lee Cook to the label.

• Like 1