Updated: All Of Britney's Albums With Interesting Facts And Album Information - All In One Place! (Remix Albums And Rumored Albums Included)

Term of Endearment

Hey I'm new here! Just wanted to let you know this post is the one that got me to stop lurking and sign up because it's AWESOME! Seriously, anytime anyone starts to doubt her all they need to do is read your post and then realize she's done so much already and much more than her rivals that she can honestly stop now and some of them still won't catch up. Been a fan since her debut and haven't stopped not once even through the boring and hard times.

Hey I'm new here! Just wanted to let you know this post is the one that got me to stop lurking and sign up because it's AWESOME! Seriously, anytime anyone starts to doubt her all they need to do is read your post and then realize she's done so much already and much more than her rivals that she can honestly stop now and some of them still won't catch up. Been a fan since her debut and haven't stopped not once even through the boring and hard times.

Hello and welcome! :)

Wow - Thank you so much - really appreciated - I am really glad you are here - firstly because It is great to share things with Britney fans - secondly - cause like you - I have been a fan since the start - and will always be and because your username has BTMYH - which is one of my most fave songs!!

Welcome to BG and hope to see lots of your posts soon!

The songs that were produced by Max Martin were not supposed to be on the album, but instead on a soundtrack for Crossroads. After Jive decided they didn't want a soundtrack for Crossroads to be released, all of the songs went onto the album.

britneys-new-era-coming--large-msg-13787

Before the Goodbye was originally supposed to be the lead single, but this was changed because Britney soon recorded 'I'm a Slave 4 U' and also because of BT's conflict/problems with Jive. This is why Before the Goodbye is only a bonus track on the international edition of Britney, and why the other songs they worked on together remains unreleased

britney%2Bspears%2Bthe%2Bcollection%2Bi%

BT's production on Before the Goodbye is not finished because of his conflict with Jive.

Britney had a feud with Max Martin over Cinderella and Bombastic Love. She argued that she did not want these two songs on the album. She said they did not sound mature enough. She also said she didn't want Bombastic Love to be released as a single (which confirms that Bombastic Love was considered to be released as a single from Britney at one point) A Snippet of Bombastic Love was played at the start of the Overprotected video – EU version.

britney-spears-britney-complete-booklet-

6238.jpg

Anticipating was released as a single instead of I Love Rock N Roll in France. The video is the performance of Anticipating from the Dream Within a Dream Tour: Live From Las Vegas special shown on HBO.

There is a deleted scene from the I Love Rock N Roll video which features Britney licking oil off the floor. It can be found online but was not included on the deleted scenes section of the Greatest Hits: My Prerogative DVD.

The B-side to Overprotected was supposed to be 'She'll Never Be Me' but it was omitted from the CD single's final track listing at the last minute for unknown reasons. An Australian radio station leaked the song in late 2001, however it was the incomplete version. The complete version leaked in July 2008.

XRAY_Bshoot_497.jpg

That's Where You Take Me received a limited release in the Philippines and possibly other Asian markets. The CD single for That’s Where You Take Me is EXTREMLEY rare and it Britney's most rarest CD single out of her entire discography. It's rumoured a music video for the song was made, with montages of Britney's performances from her Dream Within a Dream tour and backstage footage.

cd-single-britney-spears-thats-where-you

Dido wrote darker lyrics for I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman, but she was asked to change them.

Britney Debuted in the number one spot on the Billboard 200 selling 745,000 copies in the first week.

The album received mixed reviews. It was praised due to Britney Spears’ maturing music but felt that her increasingly provocative image was too much..

rs_500x284-130905114118-tumblr_lv7dd0hk5

Britney Spears became the first female artist to have three consecutive albums debut at number one in the Billboard 200.

tumblr_ltf3fmIFps1r3ty02o1_500.gif

Despite having six singles from the album, not one song managed to break into the top ten in the Billboard Hot 100.

2rdyb14.jpg

The album’s twelfth track, What It’s Like To Be Me, was produced and co-written by then beau Justin Timberlake.

I’m a Slave 4 U was intended for Janet Jackson for her All for You album.

britney_spears_hot.gif

Another song intended for Janet Jackson was Boys. Both songs were written by N.E.R.D. members Chad Hugo and Pharrell Williams.

8aacf21f3ca70ee4693e481a1a6936cb.jpg

Overprotected came about when she was inspired by hip-hop artists at the time like Jay Z and The Neptunes.

I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet A Woman was released as the second single in U.S. unlike Europe, where it was the third single. All these were business decisions related to the movie "Crossroads" which was to be released in America. The video was completed in U.S. with film images. The European version did not include movie images.

Overprotected was originally recorded for "Oops ... I Did It Again".

6_britney_06sep01_GL_18dec08_PA_b.jpg

Boys had not been chosen as a promotional single, this changed when It was chosen as part of the soundtrack of the film "Austin Powers in Gold Member “and it was remixed to be more club friendly and more popular to the audience.

Boys-Britney-Spears_l.jpg

Anticipating was released as a promotional single  instead of I Love Rock'N'Roll in France and to some extent in Taiwan, as in the Toyota commercial, Britney appeared in the clip. In Brazil it was released after I Love Rock'N'Roll.

I-Love-Rock-n-Roll-britney-spears-143995

http://youtu.be/VOeTG0EGoGY

Wiki Information:

Britney is the self-titled third studio album by American recording artist Britney Spears. It was released on October 31, 2001 by Jive Records. Looking to transition from the teen pop styles of her earlier albums ...Baby One More Time (1999) and Oops!... I Did It Again(2000), Spears began to embrace a maturer sound with her next studio effort. Its music incorporates elements of pop with dance-popand R&B influences and occasionally dips into other genres as well like hip hop and rock; its lyrics address the subjects of reaching adulthood and sexuality.Contributions to its production came from a variety of collaborators, including Max Martin and Rami Yacoub.Spears herself assumed a more prominent role in the album's development, co-writing five of its tracks.

orig-21192676.jpg

Upon its release, Britney received generally mixed reviews from music critics, who complimented the progression from Spears's earlier works, but criticized her increasingly provocative image. The album debuted at number one on the US Billboard 200 with first-week sales of 745,000 copies. Its success made Spears the first female artist to have her first three albums debut atop the chart, a record she would later break again with her fourth record In the Zone (2003). To promote the album, Spears embarked on the Dream Within a Dream Tour, which began in November 2001 and continued through July 2002. The album received a Grammy Award nomination forBest Pop Vocal Album.

1254742213750_f.jpg

Six singles were released from the album, all of which proved only moderately successful and received mixed reviews from critics. Consequentially, Britney became her first record not to yield a US Billboard Hot 100 top ten hit. Its lead single "I'm a Slave 4 U" peaked at number twenty-seven on the chart, while follow-up singles "Overprotected", "I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman", "I Love Rock 'n' Roll", "Anticipating", and "Boys" reached the lower end of the chart and its extension, the Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles.

In May 2000, Spears released her second studio album Oops!... I Did It Again.Spears collaborated with producers including Rodney JerkinsDavid Krueger, and Max Martin. Following its release, Oops!... I Did It Again became an international success and peaked at number one on the US Billboard 200 The album's lead single "Oops!... I Did It Again" became one of the best-selling singles of all time.

tumblr_n22bn831m31qa1x28o4_250.gif

When recording her follow-up record, Spears wanted an "older generation to pick up on it", adding that she "had to change it up and pray people think that's cool". She stated that she chose to self-title the album because the majority of its content describes who she is. Spears recorded twenty-three tracks for the release, several of which she co-wrote with the assistance of Brian Kierulf and Josh Schwartz. She added that personally writing the album and developing its concept made the project "that much more special", elaborating of her intentions to "get better and grow" as a songwriter.

tumblr_msk7m9elop1rti7f8o3_r1_250.gif

Spears worked with a variety of collaborators, including pop colleagues Martin and her then-boyfriend Justin Timberlake.She commented that that she initially felt "awkward" and "nervous" working with Timberlake, saying that she was accustomed to the process being "like work".Spears also worked with hip hop producers Rodney Jerkins and The Neptunes, who made the record "nastier and funkier". She additionally recorded songs with Missy Elliott and Timbaland, but their tracks never made the final track listing due to scheduling conflicts.

Britney incorporates pop styles with elements of dance-pop and R&B. The album opens with its lead single "I'm a Slave 4 U". The song features an urban influence and Middle Eastern flavor, amid breathy, emotive noises, and it has been compared to "Nasty Girl" by Vanity 6. Spears commented that its lyrics are "about me just wanting to go out and forget who I am and dance and have a good time". "Overprotected" was noted for having Europop styles, and addresses a girl who is tired of being manipulated.Lyrically, "Lonely" sees a girl moving on from a troublesome romance after being lied to and manipulated. It was considered "a teenage version of Janet's "What About?".The soft rock piano ballad "I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman", co-penned by English singer-songwriter DidoMax Martin and Rami, details the emotional struggles that teenage girls experience during puberty."Boys" incorporates R&B and hip hop styles,and was criticized by David Browne of Entertainment Weekly as "cut-rate '80s Janet Jackson".The disco-inspired track "Anticipating" discusses the friendship and camaraderie between women,and it's reminiscent of [Madonna's] 'Holiday' or Kylie in disco mood."

tumblr_mgwlva5bM91qmrg0io2_r1_250.gif

Spears's cover of "I Love Rock 'n' Roll", made famous by Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, infuses pop rock styles into the original hard rock rendition."Cinderella" reflects on a girl who left her boyfriend after he failed to appreciate her efforts in the releationship. "Let Me Be" sees Spears ask to be trusted as an adult and be afforded her own opinions."Bombastic Love" discusses a love where Spears feels that the romance will happen "exactly like in a movie".Similarly, the penultimate track "That's Where You Take Me" details the joy she gets from an emotionally fulfilling relationship,amid Middle Eastern chimes and a collage of electronic beats and drum programming.In some editions, "When I Found You" is the penultimate track. On the track, Britney tells she has found her "deepest love" in her soul mate who is essentially a reflection of herself.The album closes with "What It's Like to Be Me", which was co-written and co-produced by Spears's then-boyfriend Justin Timberlake; Spears sings that a man must "figure [her] out" to "be [her] man".

tumblr_n7sibkH1yE1tcydx1o2_250.gif

"I'm a Slave 4 U" was released as the album's lead single on September 24, 2001. Its accompanying music video was directed by Francis Lawrence,and was nominated for three awards at the 2002 MTV Video Music Awards.The song peaked at number twenty-seven on the US Billboard Hot 100, and debuted at number four on the UK Singles Chart."Overprotected" served as the album's second single internationally and third single in the United States. Its "Darkchild Remix" peaked at number eighty-six on the Hot 100,while the original version reached number four in the UK. The song was nominated for the Best Female Pop Vocal Performance at the 2003 Grammy Awards. Two variations of the music video were released, one for the original and the other for the Darkchild Remix.

tumblr_lsdcr03GkU1r3ty02o1_500.gif

Staggered to fit the varying release dates of Crossroads internationally, "I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman" was released as the theme song of the film and the third single for Britneyin the US. The song charted at number two on the Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles chart, an extension of the twenty-five songs that failed to make the Hot 100. It was met with more success internationally, peaked at number two in the UK. Spears's cover of "I Love Rock 'n' Roll" was released as the fourth European single. Consequentially, the song did not chart in the US, but reached number thirteen on the UK Singles Chart. "Anticipating" was released as the fifth single exclusively in France; it charted there, reaching number thirty-eight on the French Singles Chart."Boys" served as the final single from the Britney era internationally; it peaked at number twenty-three on the Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles chart, and reached number seven in the UK.

tumblr_lio2sp3ZSO1qc9f21o1_500.gif

On January 28, 2001, Spears performed at Super Bowl XXXV.Shortly after, she appeared on Total Request Live to premiere new material from Britney. On September 6, Spears premiered "I'm a Slave 4 U" at the MTV Video Music Awards; the performance was criticized for her use of a yellow python as a stage prop.Four days later, she performed "I'm a Slave 4 U" on The Rosie O'Donnell Show. Spears was scheduled to perform and hold a press conference in Australia on September 13; however, she cancelled the event in light of the September 11 attacks two days prior, saying that holding the conference would have been inappropriate.The following month, Spears performed at The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.In November, she performed in her first HBO concert special from the MGM Grand Garden ArenaCher was supposed to join Spears onstage for the song "The Beat Goes On", which Spears covered on ...Baby One More Time, though Cher was unable to do so due to scheduling conflicts.

cher-reacts-britney-vegas-news--large-ms

In December, Spears performed at the 2001 Billboard Music Awards in Las Vegas.The following January, she sang "I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman" at the 2002 American Music Awards. Later in the month, Spears gave interviews to the The Frank Skinner Show in the UK and The Saturday Show in Australia.Crossroads premiered in February 2002, allowing Spears to simultaneously promote both the film and her album.On February 2, she was featured as both the host and performer of Saturday Night Live. A week later, she sang "I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman" at the NBA All-Star Game and The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.Spears also appeared on Live with Regis & KellyThe View,and the 2002 Grammy Awards in the US, and Wetten, dass..? in Germany.

In November 2001, Spears began her Dream Within a Dream Tour in Columbus, Ohio; it ended in July 2002 in Dallas, Texas.A video released, titled Britney: The Videos, released on November 20, 2001, by Jive Records. Made available less than three weeks after BritneyThe Videos included a selection of her earlier music videos, behind-the-scenes footage, commercials, and notable live performances. It peaked at number one on the US Top Music Videos chart on December 8, 2001.

28482-antes-britney-era-conhecida-por-su

At Metacritic, which assigns a normalized rating out of 100 to reviews from mainstream critics, Britney received an average score of 58, which indicates "mixed or average reviews", based on 13 reviews. David Browne of Entertainment Weekly found Spears's increasingly provocative image to be unnatural, noting "virginal vamping in an awkward adolescence" and "a few tentative new moves". PopMatters '​ Nikki Tranton complimented the production of the songs, but questioned if Spears was ready to establish herself as a grown woman in the music industry.Sal Cinquemani of Slant Magazine agreed, writing that although "Britney, [the album], fills her role of guilty pleasure (the disc certainly satiates more than the stunted growth of last year's Oops!...I Did It Again), it's time for Spears to quit being such a cock-tease and cook something up that will satisfy the ever-vacillating hype-machine."

britney.gif

Allmusic's Stephen Thomas Erlewine gave a positive review, feeling that the album "strives to deepen [spears's] persona" and proves she "will know what to do when the teen-pop phenomenon of 1999-2001 passes for good".Similarly, a reviewer from Billboardcommented that the project was "a nicely varied, wholly satisfying collection".Chris Heat of Dotmusic praised Britney for "us[ing] this opportunity to take the odd risk and adds a welcome edge to her sound."NME '​s Ted Kessler recognized the release as a "coming of age album" and joked that it "works best when making a good pop cheese and dance sandwich".By contrast, Stephen Thompson ofThe A.V. Club panned the album, opining that the music "just [isn't] catchy" and that "though neither a girl nor a woman, Spears inspires grown-up anger on her own".Craig Seymore of Spin recognized that she "sound almost human," but criticized that "the rest of the record is as coldly anthemic as ever."

Britney debuted at number one on the US Billboard 200 with first-week sales of 745,000 copies.In doing so, Spears became the first female to have her first three studio albums debut atop that chart.She also held the second-highest debut album sales of 2001, behind Celebrity by 'N Sync with 1.88 million units moved, though maintained the highest debut-week sales among female artists.After fluctuating within the top twenty of the chart in the following weeks, Britney sold 3.3 million copies by 2002.

XRAY_B_125.jpg

Internationally, Britney debuted atop the Canadian Albums Chart with first-week sales of 44,550 copies.It later sold 316,944 copies in the country, a significant decline in relation to the sales of ...Baby One More Time and Oops!... I Did It Again.The album peaked at number four on both the Japanese Oricon Albums Chart and the UK Albums Chart. In the latter, it was certified platinum for shipments of 300,000 copies to retaliers.Britney also peaked at number four in Australia, and was certified doube platinum there.In 2002, the album was certified double platinum by the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry for shipments of two million copies through Europe.

normal_1470.jpg