Updated: All Of Britney's Albums With Interesting Facts And Album Information - All In One Place! (Remix Albums And Rumored Albums Included)

Term of Endearment

*POSSIBLY LONG COMMENT AHEAD*

So after reading this awesome, award worthy thread, I think her next album could go one of three ways:

1. She may go extremely progressive on the next album and do something no one else is doing like she did with her ITZ, BO and FF albums especially after BJ was panned by fans

2. She could do a double album where she remixes past hits and then on the other disc she does an ep that would fall in line with what BO was supposed to be before it got butchered

Or

3. She may just go safe and release an album with certified but not memorable hits and a bunch of tracks no one cares about, ala Rihanna.

I kinda want her to do the 2nd of my guesses because I feel like it would satisfy her label (because people love remixes and GHs) and is easiest for her to promo while she's in Vegas because in this case she would probably only release one or two new songs which she could then do videos for and perform in Vegas as well as do a quick interview tour. She'd get to release the songs she wanted and fans get something new. Everyone would be ok with that. BUT if she does the first thing I'll be very happy with the material (as long as it's good) but I wouldn't hold my breath for any album focused promo while Vegas is going on so sales may not be stellar in that case. Thoughts?

*POSSIBLY LONG COMMENT AHEAD*

So after reading this awesome, award worthy thread, I think her next album could go one of three ways:

1. She may go extremely progressive on the next album and do something no one else is doing like she did with her ITZ, BO and FF albums especially after BJ was panned by fans

2. She could do a double album where she remixes past hits and then on the other disc she does an ep that would fall in line with what BO was supposed to be before it got butchered

Or

3. She may just go safe and release an album with certified but not memorable hits and a bunch of tracks no one cares about, ala Rihanna.

I kinda want her to do the 2nd of my guesses because I feel like it would satisfy her label (because people love remixes and GHs) and is easiest for her to promo while she's in Vegas because in this case she would probably only release one or two new songs which she could then do videos for and perform in Vegas as well as do a quick interview tour. She'd get to release the songs she wanted and fans get something new. Everyone would be ok with that. BUT if she does the first thing I'll be very happy with the material (as long as it's good) but I wouldn't hold my breath for any album focused promo while Vegas is going on so sales may not be stellar in that case. Thoughts?

It is amazing members like you that keep things fresh here. I honestly think that she may actually focus on option 1 - it will not be promo focused - but I feel like after BJ failed to keep up to her previous sales - I do not think she will lay low on this one. She has been recording for months now and taking it slow. I honestly think she is going to throw something in the mix that we will not expect - and follow that up with a greatest hits and remix album.. I am sure that her team will also be very involved this time round.. I think the Miley success clash left her team focusing on one act and expecting Britney to ride on her previous success..

It is amazing members like you that keep things fresh here. I honestly think that she may actually focus on option 1 - it will not be promo focused - but I feel like after BJ failed to keep up to her previous sales - I do not think she will lay low on this one. She has been recording for months now and taking it slow. I honestly think she is going to throw something in the mix that we will not expect - and follow that up with a greatest hits and remix album.. I am sure that her team will also be very involved this time round.. I think the Miley success clash left her team focusing on one act and expecting Britney to ride on her previous success..

Thanks boo! I can see how her team may do more this time around and try to at least try to make the singles a hit whenever they drop, especially because Miley is probably gonna be on a break at this time but at the same time I feel like she's over doing excessive or even moderate promo. Sometimes I think her new media strategy is shifting towards how Prince does it. He quietly releases music, he barely talks to the media and he does limited performances on TV. After Vegas she may take that approach, it's basically a fan reliant tactic. She'll let you know she's got an album coming, critics will review it, she's going to do a small press tour and release some vids and then after that it's up to the fans to make it a success or not. And if fans don't support it she anf her teams at the label and her management probably are not going to feel the need to work for it so she'll just go back to chilling at home.

Thanks boo! I can see how her team may do more this time around and try to at least try to make the singles a hit whenever they drop, especially because Miley is probably gonna be on a break at this time but at the same time I feel like she's over doing excessive or even moderate promo. Sometimes I think her new media strategy is shifting towards how Prince does it. He quietly releases music, he barely talks to the media and he does limited performances on TV. After Vegas she may take that approach, it's basically a fan reliant tactic. She'll let you know she's got an album coming, critics will review it, she's going to do a small press tour and release some vids and then after that it's up to the fans to make it a success or not. And if fans don't support it she anf her teams at the label and her management probably are not going to feel the need to work for it so she'll just go back to chilling at home.

:crying2: reading this makes me feel really sad - I really hope she does not go the Prince route - I would hope that instead she follows more of a Madonna career move and become more involved as her kids grow up.

She is however very focused on her social networking lately - which I think is really great.. lets hope that keeps up.

The main difference between Britney and Madonna is that Madonna really wants the fame and adulation. Britney may have wanted that at one point but look at how uncomfortable she is when she's surrounded by so many people wanting a piece of her (pun intended). She's more comfortable performing on a stage because people are far away, she can't really focus on one face at a time, and no one will ask her any questions. She gets to be a character and then once it's over she's her. The way Madonna does is she's in character all the time. IMO Brit probably hates that side of fame and fvaf

Sorry my phone is acting strange. Anyway like I was saying, that's why she is slowly shying away. I don't feel sad or mad or disappointed about that, I think it's better she backs off the promo if it hurts her on any level. If she can be more in control of how she's presented in the media (like Prince) and is not desperately trying to remain relevant therefore giving up her control in a sense (like Madonna) then why be upset by it. The only thing I don't dig about her current media strategy is that she's hella censored by her team. That's annoying because you can tell there's more under the surface but whatever. Anyway let's just hope B9 is great and we can fret about her press tour when it's time to.

• Like 1

Btw I'm a Britney since jump like I've said but I'm also very analytical of the media and I've been paying attention to how her strategy has changed over the years. If you compare her to her contemporaries like Justin, Beyonce, Christina, J.Lo, Pink, Eminem, etc. Those who debuted in music around the same time as Britney and are stull

...still performing basically are taking the same limited press interaction strategy that Britney does, minus the heavy censoring. They only speak when they have something to sell/promote. They keep their private lives private for the most part except for a few photos every now and again and when they do have to talk to tge media, they pretty much stay on message and do not divulge anything too personal. I think that says something.

...still performing basically are taking the same limited press interaction strategy that Britney does, minus the heavy censoring. They only speak when they have something to sell/promote. They keep their private lives private for the most part except for a few photos every now and again and when they do have to talk to tge media, they pretty much stay on message and do not divulge anything too personal. I think that says something.

You bring up a really strong point here. I never thought about it that way. The press were much worse back in the day and I think everyone involved in that era are backing away - as it was too emotionally stressful.

It is strange how no one says the same about the others as they do Brit - I suppose it is because Britney was more successful than all of them put together...

You bring up a really strong point here. I never thought about it that way. The press were much worse back in the day and I think everyone involved in that era are backing away - as it was too emotionally stressful.

It is strange how no one says the same about the others as they do Brit - I suppose it is because Britney was more successful than all of them put together...

True, Britney is easy to pick on and that's why they attack her. They can't figure her out so they try to downgrade her. It's been that way since day one.

True, Britney is easy to pick on and that's why they attack her. They can't figure her out so they try to downgrade her. It's been that way since day one.

There will be no one that will make this kind of impact again - I hate it when people drag down those who make a success - jealousy is just a nasty thing.. 

• 2 weeks later...