Taylor Sells 600K First Day :gloria:

MADONNAGU

You must be kidding. I find this album so perfect in so many ways, and it pains me to say it because i don't want her to break Britney's record. She can't do it!  :crying1:

MTE  :crying1:  it has taken me a lot to be comfortable with the idea that this album is flawless and that I'm even starting to see her in a new light  :omg1:

IKR? 1989 IS BETTER THAN BLACKOUT AND ITZ COMBINED!

in6BrfeSpEETO.gif

in6BrfeSpEETO.gif

:umomg: ok calm your tits. It slays but let's not go THAT far.

Blackout and ITZ are unparalleled by anything so if that's really how you feel then you should go back to exhell...   :thatsweird:

I can't. :icanttt:

• Like 1

Good for her, I guess, but I side with those that find this album to be disappointing. In fact all the praise is making me dislike it even more. If you take out all the up tempos from Katy Perry's Prism it's basically 1989. It's a decent pop album, but no where near being deemed album of the year.

This, why can't people see past it?!

The difference is Katy actually does it better because Legendary Lovers shits on anything on 1989, even including Style.

There isn't All Too Well, a Dear John, even a Forever and Always in this album. It's her worst yet. :4music:

The difference is Katy actually does it better because Legendary Lovers shits on anything on 1989, even including Style.

There isn't All Too Well, a Dear John, even a Forever and Always in this album. It's her worst yet. :4music:

'Clean' alone slays anything that Basic Perry has ever put out.

You're entitled not to like it of course, not everyone will like it.

I'm glad it just wasn't me then.  I don't know if it's because Katy Perry has become the gold standard for what pop music sounds like, but sonically 1989  sounds a lot like all the mid tempos on Prism.  Admittedly my knowledge of Taylor Swift's music exceeds no further then Red, I enjoyed that album, but her latest just leaves me with a mixed reception.  All the praise for this one is really overdone but the deluxe tracks easily trumps most of the material on the standard edition.  

• Like 1

I'm glad it just wasn't me then.  I don't know if it's because Katy Perry has become the gold standard for what pop music sounds like, but sonically 1989  sounds a lot like all the mid tempos on Prism.  Admittedly my knowledge of Taylor Swift's music exceeds no further then Red, I enjoyed that album, but her latest just leaves me with a mixed reception.  All the praise for this one is really overdone but the deluxe tracks easily trumps most of the material on the standard edition.  

Red was already kind of a regression, but at least there were some tracks that pushed her artistry forward like All Too Well, State of Grace, Red, etc.

Speak Now and Fearless ironically had more mature tracks, given she was just a teenager when she wrote these.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y28pUGkk9vc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by1huHkQtn0

Her weakness as a writer was really that she tended to be too wordy, but she found the perfect balance in All Too Well. The pop sound took out all the soul and charm that used to be so natural in her music.

• Like 1

It's okay, again, it's let down by the overly cheesy pop production.

Well sadly, I really think Taylor's heading in Katy's direction of music.

Fair enough, personally, I love it and think it's great she's trying something different from what she usually does.

I can see how you would think that, but hopefully that's not the case!