7 Secrets Of The Music Industry

Guest Zooey Deschanel

Guest Zooey Deschanel

1. The number one position on the charts is normally bought.

2. A label can sign an artist to bury him.

3. A company issues a press release saying their new discovery has sold 30 million records, when the actual

figure is 30,000, but the media make it official truth.

4. The label strives to pay nothing and move all expenses to the artist, so that its income is clean profit.

5. Before listening to a record, the executives have already decided if it will triumph or not in the market.

6. The bosses are all men; the women who work in the industry are eternally girls, even if they are 52 years old.

7. Grammy Awards are previously divided between the labels, so that its executives can boast that they are au courant.

http://www.stereogum.com/1709895/morrissey-shares-7-secrets-of-the-music-business/news/

so, what do you think which one No1  b's team bought? :gloria:

;)

Explains shityonces success lately tbh, every single award she has is bought, nobody would award person for a dull monotone shitty music she mades , pls , even her fans get bored of it easily.

• Like 1

Most of it is bullshit. How can you even buy a #1, sales are sales, so unless the artist buy 73856936 copies himself the position isn't bought. Why do you think Beyonce album was huge and her singles big flop. If this shit was true she would have been #1 all the time.

3 is fake too. They dont invent numbers but, when they say they have sold X records, most of the time it's the shipped records bought by retrailers, that's why the sales actually bought by comsumers and the sales they claim aren't always the same. But there is never a huge difference.

And for the others it can happen but it's not the case for everyone in the industry.

• Like 1

If so, I think they would have bought OIDIA (the single), Toxic, and many others :yaknow:

What is for sure is that they bought Piece of Me's VMA's :displeased: how on Earth it would have won 3 VMA's when all of her greatest videos didn't win anything? :icanttt:

It was the first time people was able to pick their favorites online (britney always win online polls)

Also she das VERY popular at the time and piece of me was too.

Also piece of me is flawless :byebitch:

:aintevenmad:

It was the first time people was able to pick their favorites online (britney always win online polls)

Also she das VERY popular at the time and piece of me was too.

Also piece of me is flawless :byebitch:

:aintevenmad:

I know it was the first time people was able to vote, and she was very popular indeed, but not exactly for the best reasons. Anyway, it's true, she didn't have any competition, so it was obvious she was going to win :mhm:

So I think they haven't bought anything for Britney after all. Also, they hate to spend money :yaknow:

I know it was the first time people was able to vote, and she was very popular indeed, but not exactly for the best reasons. Anyway, it's true, she didn't have any competition, so it was obvious she was going to win :mhm:

So I think they haven't bought anything for Britney after all. Also, they hate to spend money :yaknow:

Ikr :gloria: They could have done the best fucking stage of the history still in vegas she has one more basic than the FFT one :gloria:

• Like 1

So in britney's case they already planned for BJ to flop :crying1: (RCA, better buy a #1 for album 9 :gloria) Actually I don't think Britney really buys #1s because a lot of singles like Gimme More, OIDIA, Crazy, Toxic, Circus would've been #1. ( If they lie about sales how many sales has BJ really had :umomg: )

This tbh...

I love how our girl is honest... Her team paid Womanizer, 3, and HiAM and didn't consult her tbh

So beyonce and Rihanna hi there... I just love how much money you waste on success than music :)

This tbh...

I love how our girl is honest... Her team paid Womanizer, 3, and HiAM and didn't consult her tbh

So beyonce and Rihanna hi there... I just love how much money you waste on success than music :)

:mhm: that's why those hits were #1 for like a week we know her team is very cheap so they aren't willing to pay all the mont Beyonce, and Katy pay for their #1s :crying1: