Depressing Triggering Thread

Captain Morgan

this post may be depressing and triggering for someone with mental illness, so if you don't want to then don't read. and you might not like what i have to say but please don't attack me. i'm just upset and venting

it's so so so exhausting taking care of people with mental illness. i'm at such a low point and i feel like i have no control over anything, or my own life anymore. my brother tried to commit suicide last week

my mom and brother are both paranoid depressed schizophrenics(genetic), and my brother also has aspergers on top of that

it's just too fucking much sometimes. what boggles the mind is that they are very smart. they can help you out with any math problem and figure out any puzzle. but they can't understand that they need medication and are being selfish when they go off their meds. our whole lives is a cycle of them taking their meds for like 2 weeks and then declining again, back and forth to the hospital

because of this, i feel like i'm never gonna have a life of my own. how can i? when this is always on my mind. even if i moved far away and left them, my heart would always be worried about them. in the end, i'm the one who ends up taking anxiety meds and smoking weed and getting drunk because of their shit

all i have to say is, mental illness is a bitch.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

May I ask how old are you?

I know it's a lot of pressure but I hope you can find support of other people, maybe someone who also cares with your family, I mean, you can't deal with this on your own or you'll get crazy.

Maybe you can hire someone like a nurse to help you with that.

You can't stop living your life because of other people's illness even though you love them, you have to live your life. And please don't go on drugs and alcohol path, it's not the right way to deal with it.

May I ask how old are you?

I know it's a lot of pressure but I hope you can find support of other people, maybe someone who also cares with your family, I mean, you can't deal with this on your own or you'll get crazy.

Maybe you can hire someone like a nurse to help you with that.

You can't stop living your life because of other people's illness even though you love them, you have to live your life. And please don't go on drugs and alcohol path, it's not the right way to deal with it.

Im 27 and im a nurse hahaha. Theres literally no one. All of my extended family live in another country and my family has no friends. Its hopeless. But yeah. Thanks for responding <3

Hi :)  , I'm really sorry about the things you are going through, maybe everyone says that and you must think like words doesn't help, so, I'm answering you with my best intention. I know life can be really hard sometimes, but, you are the angel of your family, you are such a good person that everything you are giving to them, you will receive the same exact thing later in life.

I know you must feel really tired, and I know you love your family, so, maybe you could search for an association that can help you to get someone that can take care of them.

Hi :)  , I'm really sorry about the things you are going through, maybe everyone says that and you must think like words doesn't help, so, I'm answering you with my best intention. I know life can be really hard sometimes, but, you are the angel of your family, you are such a good person that everything you are giving to them, you will receive the same exact thing later in life.

I know you must feel really tired, and I know you love your family, so, maybe you could search for an association that can help you to get someone that can take care of them.

aww no, words do help. thanks a lot for your response, it means a lot <3