Is Nicki Minaj Over?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

:crying1: yes, I think so... and believe me I'm not saying this as a hater. I was a huge fan, even dressing up as her for Halloween. :mhm: but I haven't heard her music on the radio or mention of her name besides seeing "the fabulous life of nicki minaj" reruns on tv guide :omg1:

The only thing ppl have been talking abt is her makeunder (she looks great). Plus her new song sucks.

I don't think so, Lil Wayne won't let her die out yet...

She'll delay her album for a bit, rework a really catchy pop song and kinda fight for a small scale "comeback" of sorts. 

I mean, its not like the public have forgotten her... she just needs to cut an uptempo song (or maybe rap again, you know, the reason she's famous? lol)  and get out there. She's not dead or anything. 

Not yet. I feel like if she keeps doing what she's doing now she will, i.e. releasing shit songs and not promoting them. She needs to release another Super Bass that'll appeal to both rap and pop audiences. Or better yet another Va Va Voom :crying1:

Most ppl called her a "sell out" for releasing those cheesy pop songs even tho they gave her multi platinum status. Va Va voom & Boys were the shit, wondered why flopped?

Most ppl called her a "sell out" for releasing those cheesy pop songs even tho they gave her multi platinum status. Va Va voom & Boys were the shit, wondered why flopped?

She paid Va Va Voom dust. She did no promo for it whatsoever. If she would've promoted it like she did Starships/Super Bass there's no doubt in my mind it would've smashed. I think she needs to start releasing more songs like those. It's not really selling out I M O. She's releasing songs that are pop but still have an undeniable rap edge to them. Starships was her selling out. That's a pop song.

She paid Va Va Voom dust. She did no promo for it whatsoever. If she would've promoted it like she did Starships/Super Bass there's no doubt in my mind it would've smashed. I think she needs to start releasing more songs like those. It's not really selling out I M O. She's releasing songs that are pop but still have an undeniable rap edge to them. Starships was her selling out. That's a pop song.

It was considered "selling out" when her stans (from the beginning) were confused abt which direction she was going in. Singing pop friendly songs that would sell & changing her image to fit that mode. she tried to incorporate both but... Meh

It was considered "selling out" when her stans (from the beginning) were confused abt which direction she was going in. Singing pop friendly songs that would sell & changing her image to fit that mode. she tried to incorporate both but... Meh

Of course she was going to lose her original stans releasing songs like Super Bass. But she could've created an entirely new fan base from the people who like her new music. She fucked everything up by copying Gaga and transitioning into pure pop music.