I made my friend lose 22 pounds

Marika

At my biggest I was about 260ish. I got done to 170, but i was way way too small, so I started crossfit and gained 30 lbs of muscle. I want to gain another 15-30 more pounds of muscle. The hardest part after you lose the weight is to understand if you work out, you will gain muscle and the scale will go up. When I had my trainer, she did a good job of measuring my body fat %, and inches. So it helped me realize that i was losing the body fat and inches, yet still going up on the scale. 

Another Piece of advice, don't get discouraged if the first month you don't lose a whole lot. I had to go through this with friends and family members. They would work hard and barely lose. It takes your body about 2/3 months to adjust so you won't see major results until then. I think the first month when i started losing, i lost 5 lbs. and then within two months of that i lost 20 more. Also don't judge by the scale. If you weigh, do it once a week or once every 2 weeks, in the morning. Your body will increase and decrease body weight day to day, so if you weigh everyday, it will discourage you when you gain 2 lbs of water weight. Judge by how you look, how your clothes fit, and how you feel. That's the hardest part. 

I also don't care about the rock hard abs. As long as i feel toned and have a decent body that's all i care about. I just know i feel better and happier. That's my most important thing. I'm also healthy. Can't lie though, it feels great from going from the person people said needed to work out, to the one they are complimenting and asking for advice. 

Thank you sooo much for these tips. Yes, I am more then aware of how much it'll take some time to get rid of it. But it's all the matter of mind over matter. All I know is when I was 190 pounds I felt so much better. 

Wow that's amazing, man! Great job! I figured how I would start off was to just do treadmill 4 times a week for 15 mins I more less have night shifts at Target so it'll give me time to do that. And plus speed walk for an hour a day! Do you think starting off like this is too much for a newbie?  

Thank you sooo much for these tips. Yes, I am more then aware of how much it'll take some time to get rid of it. But it's all the matter of mind over matter. All I know is when I was 190 pounds I felt so much better. 

Wow that's amazing, man! Great job! I figured how I would start off was to just do treadmill 4 times a week for 15 mins I more less have night shifts at Target so it'll give me time to do that. And plus speed walk for an hour a day! Do you think starting off like this is too much for a newbie?  

I don't think it would be too much. Especially if its just waking. Most do about an hour a day, so that would be about right. You do want to have your rest days, at least 1 or 2 a week, so your body and muscles can recover. That seems to be the part people forget about. A good 3/5 days a week would be a great way to start. Realistically long term, you won't be at the gym everyday. So I try and do at least 3 days a week for an hour/hour and a half no matter what, and then if i have free time, i will go the extra day or two. 

• Like 1

I don't think it would be too much. Especially if its just waking. Most do about an hour a day, so that would be about right. You do want to have your rest days, at least 1 or 2 a week, so your body and muscles can recover. That seems to be the part people forget about. A good 3/5 days a week would be a great way to start. Realistically long term, you won't be at the gym everyday. So I try and do at least 3 days a week for an hour/hour and a half no matter what, and then if i have free time, i will go the extra day or two. 

Well thank you a friend of mine she is like way in her 40's she is in great shape she recommend to start off 4 times a week 15 mins of fast walking with adding the climb to it, then once my body gets used to it then I will move up to running. But I like other people suggestion too also it's different with everyone body. But thank you sooo much for these tips I love these! Plus tons of high fibre, tons of vegetables & plenty of water tons of rest.

Thank you again.