Get Dat Number One, Lana!

James

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6121630/lana-del-rey-billboard-200-sam-smith-linkin-park-willie-nelson

Lana Del Rey's 'Ultraviolence' Heading for No. 1 on Billboard 200  
lana-del-rey-ultraviolence-2014-billboar
Sam Smith and Linkin Park set for debuts in the top three

Lana Del Rey is on course for her first No. 1 album, as "Ultraviolence," which was released on June 17, should debut atop the Billboard 200 chart next week.

Industry sources suggest the set, which is her second full-length effort for Polydor/Interscope Records, may sell upwards of 175,000 to 180,000 copies in the week ending June 22. The Billboard 200's new top 10 will be revealed on Wednesday, June 25.

Del Rey's debut, "Born To Die," bowed and peaked at No. 2 with 77,000 sold in the week ending Feb. 5, 2012, according to Nielsen SoundScan. It surpassed 1 million in total U.S. sales in March, and its cumulative sum stands at 1.07 million.

Del Rey leads a busy June 17 release schedule, as new albums from Sam Smith, Linkin Park, Jennifer Lopez and Willie Nelson were all also released that day.

Newcomer Sam Smith could arrive in the runner-up slot with his debut effort, "In the Lonely Hour." Its sales projection stands at around 150,000.

Rock band Linkin Park is aiming for the No. 3 position with its new album, "The Hunting Party," with a start of around 100,000 to 110,000 sold.

If sales projections hold, this week will be the first this year to see three albums each sell in excess of 100,000 copies. It last happened in the holiday frame ending Dec. 29, 2013. (The last time it occurred when sales weren't goosed by the Christmas shopping season was the week ending Oct. 6, 2013.)  

Other albums aiming for notable debuts on the Billboard 200 next week include Willie Nelson's "Band of Brothers" (30,000 to 35,000), Jennifer Lopez's "A.K.A." (30,000 to 35,000) (you serve bitch, you dont work bitch? K :queenflopga: Calling out all legends and stars you said? Icon u said? LOL) and deadmau5's "while(1<2)" (25,000 to 30,000).

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay! :clap: I went out and bought Ultraviolence the day it came out! I love it! It's so much betta than BTD :tbh:

When will JLo? :walkaway:

ME TOO

I even went to the store one day before the release and they didnt let me buy it

Glad I have it now

It's so flawless :crying2: