Discussion: Polygamous & Open Relationships

Urbanney

Polygamous & Open Relationships  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Would you ever have a polygamous or open relationship?

• Yes, I would have a polygamous/open relationship where both me and my partner could date/hook up with others.
    • Sort of, I would only want myself to be able to date/hook up with others, not my partner.
    • Sort of, I wouldn't date/hook up with others but I'd let my partner.
    • No, I only want monogamous relationships.
  2. 2. Have you been in a polygamous or open relationship before?

• Yes, both me and my partner could date/hook up with others.
    • Sort of, only I could date/hook up with others, not my partner.
    • Sort of, only my partner could date/hook up with others, not me.
    • No, I've only been in monogamous relationships.
    • No, I've never been in a relationship before.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would hurt me for someone that I'm supposed to be in a relationship to have eyes for someone else. It's not so much jealousy but more the fact that if you want to see other people, then there is no point being in a relationship at all because IMO that is not what a true relationship is. I'm incredibly loyal (in a non-clingy/creepy way) and would want that same loyalty in return.

Now, I get that alot of couple are into swinging (swapping partners with other partners sexually) and some, into sleeping with others. Me, personally, I don't get it. but each to there own. I feel a relationship should be about two people evolving there understanding, sensuality, affection and devotion between each other. You make a bond between yourselves. Sharing that bond just doesn't keep you connected as you would be monogamously. So, I just think commitment should be solely between two people.