GQ: ‘Freestyle Skier Gus Kenworthy on his Favorite Facial Moisturizer and Blackout-era Britney Spears Secret Weapon’

MakeMySugarFall

Source: https://www.gq.com/story/best-stuff-freestyle-skier-gus-kenworthy

Relevant section: 

A Smartphone That’s Also A Britney Spears Concert

"I listen to music in the start gate, and then sometimes I'll play a song on my phone through the speakers, so I can hear it as I'm clipping into my skis. When I drop in it ends up getting drowned out by the sound of snow and the wind and everything. I'll sing to myself when I'm getting ready, just to keep my heart rate down, keep my thoughts mellow. I'm not super superstitious, but if I listen to a song and then I do well, then that becomes my song for however long it works for. At our last qualifying event, it was 'Gimme More' by Britney Spears. Everyone could hear, and so it's like all these dudes at the start, other skiers and my coach, and the song starts, and it's like: 'It's Britney, bitch!' I ended up winning the event in Aspen with that, and then went to our next qualifying event and got second with that song, and so the song's working for me right now."

• Like 1

• 1 month later...