Britney Spears Expected To Announce World Tour This Week (MTV UK Article)

GloriousBritney2000

britney spears expected to announce world tour this week

The pop icon ends her Vegas residency this weekend...

Friday, December 29, 2017 - 14:38

After being Las Vegas' hottest commodity for four years, Britney Spears might be going back on the road.

The legendary pop princess is rumoured to be announcing a world tour this weekend after she performs on Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve show on NYE.

While she could take a well-deserved break, plans for international performances in 2018 are already underway.

Britney surprised fans last week when she announced that she will be headlining Denmark's Smukfest music festival next August, confirming that European shows are on her agenda.

Besides a one-off London show during the 2016 Apple Music festival, the superstar has not performed in Europe in over six years (!) so this is huge news.

Some fans are speculating that the impending announcement could also be for another US-based residency, perhaps in New York.

This theory is based on her use of the apple emoji - the big apple, y'know? - in recent posts about her performance on the New Year's Eve countdown show.

Britney Spears performs at the Billboard Music Awards in May 2016

Getty Images

However, Dick Clark's show is broadcast live from New York's Times Square so we're keeping everything crossed that she is not planning to simply move ship to the East Coast.

We'll most likely be spending our summer in Denmark to see her regardless, although a full-on UK and Ireland tour is exactly what we need in 2018.

C'mon, Brit! Make our dreams come true!

Read more at http://www.mtv.co.uk/britney-spears/news/britney-spears-expected-to-announce-world-tour-this-week#ItLfmBiYLJ0TbYET.99

• Like 1

This Facebook post is from one of the most reliable sources in Latin America and they say...

According to Larry Rudolph, we will not have DVD recorded at planet Hollywood but this Sunday December 31, during the final show of the residence "Piece of me", Britney Spears will make a great announcement!

What Are Your Thoughts #BritneyArmy?

• Like 1

If this is true, hopefully it’s a full world tour, not just foreign countries but the U.S. as well, cuz not everyone in America had the funds to travel to her, I know I sure don’t.

I honesty don’t care either if it would just be POM considering I didn’t get to see it and I certainly wasn’t wasting my time watching every shakey, piece of shit YouTube video or 10 second Instagram clip, like other fans who are bitching about the possibility of it just being POM did.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, MonaLisa613 said:

If this is true, hopefully it’s a full world tour, not just foreign countries but the U.S. as well, cuz not everyone in America had the funds to travel to her, I know I sure don’t.

I honesty don’t care either if it would just be POM considering I didn’t get to see it and I certainly wasn’t wasting my time watching every shakey, piece of shit YouTube video or 10 second Instagram clip, like other fans who are bitching about the possibility of it just being POM did.

I haven't really watched them much either, I got bored so soon. But concerts are always better live than on video so I wouldn't mind seeing her live concidering I haven't done it yet

2 hours ago, sairaannopee99 said:

I haven't really watched them much either, I got bored so soon. But concerts are always better live than on video so I wouldn't mind seeing her live concidering I haven't done it yet

Same, I’ve watched a few and it indeed gets boring cuz watching on an iPad or other device is not the same as being there, u need to be in the same room as her, u need the fellow fans, it’s so much fun and enjoyable in the proper atmosphere and energy, I’ve been lucky enough to see her 3 times, DWAD, Circus and FF, all incredible in person. Which is why I’ve noticed a lot of the bitching seems to come from people who haven’t actually attended, lol

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MonaLisa613 said:

Same, I’ve watched a few and it indeed gets boring cuz watching on an iPad or other device is not the same as being there, u need to be in the same room as her, u need the fellow fans, it’s so much fun and enjoyable in the proper atmosphere and energy, I’ve been lucky enough to see her 3 times, DWAD, Circus and FF, all incredible in person. Which is why I’ve noticed a lot of the bitching seems to come from people who haven’t actually attended, lol

Fact!!! Even when you record something for yourself only you get a certain feeling watching it again as to other people. I know from personal experience 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, MonaLisa613 said:

PREACH IT. I'm so sick of fans complaining about POM because *they're* bored of the show. It wouldn't have been the success that it was, with multiple fans making multiple trips back if it was as subpar and boring as people on the internet want to claim.

The only thing I'm really angry about is that we're not getting a DVD after it was promised by Planet Hollywood. Maybe that does mean they plan on taking the show on the road and will record one of those.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, heather said:

PREACH IT. I'm so sick of fans complaining about POM because *they're* bored of the show. It wouldn't have been the success that it was, with multiple fans making multiple trips back if it was as subpar and boring as people on the internet want to claim.

The only thing I'm really angry about is that we're not getting a DVD after it was promised by Planet Hollywood. Maybe that does mean they plan on taking the show on the road and will record one of those.

True story! Planet Hollywood promised it and I'm sad that we won't get a Vegas-DVD....so if britney will be on the road in 2018 i just NEED an official DVD! (My heart still is broken that we never got circus on DVD) ...:crying2:

• Like 3

5 hours ago, heather said:

Yeah def pissed at PH over the dvd thing, homegirl was in one location for four years, surely it would of been easy to film it, esp. considering the money she was raking in for them.

Anger needs to be directed at PH tho, THEY promised a dvd, Britney/team Britney never mentioned one.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MonaLisa613 said:

Yeah def pissed at PH over the dvd thing, homegirl was in one location for four years, surely it would of been easy to film it, esp. considering the money she was raking in for them.

Anger needs to be directed at PH tho, THEY promised a dvd, Britney/team Britney never mentioned one.

THANK YOU.

And they even assured us the show was "consistently being filmed" I'm sure they have plenty of footage to put together something for fans.

• Like 2