• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Sign in to follow this  
Turn Ya Head

Coupure Électrique appreciation thread

Can we seriously take a moment and listen to this song again?

Maybe her french isn't that good (I can't really tell because French is only my third language and I'm terrible at it as well) but her voice still sounds very mesmerizing and there are pretty much no backing vocals covering her up. Just her and the dark instruments.

The kind of robotic effect added to her voice makes the atmosphere of the song even more mysterious and enchanting, I don't really know how to explain it, but there's something just SO intriguing that takes the song to another level. I always listen to it at the end of the album because it just kind of keeps going like a ghost in your head. I put Mood Ring as track 17 and this as 18.

I just love it. Maybe my favorite song off Glory.

• Like 2

It's not my favourite but it's nice hearing her do something different, and I like the way the song builds. I just wish there was a little more it, especially lyrically.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, M.E. said:

It's not my favourite but it's nice hearing her do something different, and I like the way the song builds. I just wish there was a little more it, especially lyrically.

MTE

• Like 1

The beat drop gets me shook to the core every time :crying1: 

• Like 1

It’s absolutely stunning and haunting and eerie and beautiful and really plays the whole duality of Britney Spears. A cute girl with a dark edge. Her French could def be better but it’s passable slightly lol.

tbh her next tour (which I hope she pulls a circus and tours after #B10 so she can promote B10 & Glory.) Coupure Electrique would be the perfect song opener. It would shake EVERYONE in the audience, who would expect it and it would be haunting and have such a build up leading up to the simple intro of the song, a bright light with other colors around and Britney walking very slow and feline like to the beat and we just see her shillouette. OMG I just caught chills :shook:

• Like 1

On 23. 12. 2017 at 12:58 AM, Turn Ya Head said:

Can we seriously take a moment and listen to this song again?

Maybe her french isn't that good (I can't really tell because French is only my third language and I'm terrible at it as well) but her voice still sounds very mesmerizing and there are pretty much no backing vocals covering her up. Just her and the dark instruments.

The kind of robotic effect added to her voice makes the atmosphere of the song even more mysterious and enchanting, I don't really know how to explain it, but there's something just SO intriguing that takes the song to another level. I always listen to it at the end of the album because it just kind of keeps going like a ghost in your head. I put Mood Ring as track 17 and this as 18.

I just love it. Maybe my favorite song off Glory.

love This + Mood Ring :omgwut:

• Like 1

It’s absolutely stunning and haunting and eerie and beautiful and really plays the whole duality of Britney Spears. A cute girl with a dark edge. Her French could def be better but it’s passable slightly lol.

tbh her next tour (which I hope she pulls a circus and tours after #B10 so she can promote B10 & Glory.) Coupure Electrique would be the perfect song opener. It would shake EVERYONE in the audience, who would expect it and it would be haunting and have such a build up leading up to the simple intro of the song, a bright light with other colors around and Britney walking very slow and feline like to the beat and we just see her shillouette. OMG I just caught chills :shook:

OMG I JUST DIED IMAGINING THIS. MY GHOST IS TYPING THIS RN.

Okay, no, jokes aside, I completely agree with you. It'd be a great tour opener.
  • Like 1