Britney Jean (Album) Appreciation Thread

JoshLee

It's not THAT bad. I think it's the worst of her albums but I still listen to it sometimes. And it did give us the ultimate workout song! Sometimes I feel like ppl forget that.

tumblr_mu16c6ofjP1r3ty02o1_500.gif

3 hours ago, Turn Ya Head said:

I've always loved Britney Jean and Body Ache is my guilty pleasure (I say guilty because everyone hates it) but I think the problem with it is that Britney can do waaaay better. She has such a flawless discography that it makes Britney Jean sound like shit.

#Justice4ItShouldBeEasy

I love Body Ache, too! And I agree with you, it’s not a BAD album - it’s pretty basic pop overall, which isn’t acceptable for a pop superstar of her stature. 

• Like 4

Work Bitch is still a bop, one of her best singles tbh. 

Body Ache is also a guilty pleasure of mine :ttwe:

Passenger would be flawless without Myah Marie (those stems need to leak tbh)

Perfume Dreaming Mix is still flawless

Now that I Found You (which was almost released as a single and it should've been) slays :jugginu3:

This would've been a much better album without Shit.I.am. Still salty he ruined Alien (the leaked version was a thousand times better)

• Like 3
  • Awesome 2

4 hours ago, Nippi said:

(those stems need to leak tbh)

Can we make this happen if we all hunt for them. I remember they leaked before the album was released but then copy right enforcers did their thing and now they're lost amongst the traders... But I remember that the people who managed to get them said that most of the vocal stems were named things like "myah.vox" Idk Britney Jean could of been so much more if it wasn't for will.i.am being executive producer and most of the songs vocal production done by Anthony Preston... Literally the only songs where the lead is 100% Britney are the ones not edited by him (Perfume and dont cry). The songs on Britney Jean are okay but they could of been so much more with Britney's soulful voice. I still can't think why Anthony did what he did. Britney has a good voice and she's got good vocals on perfume and Don't cry. They're definitely vocals of a singer. So what the fuck happened to the other songs? I doubt that all the songs Anthony edited just happened to all be songs Britney's vocals flopped on... Someone managed to make a myah free version of Alien from leaked Britney recordings and Britney's voice is more than passable and sounds great. It was made clear that the album was rushed due to the preparations of the vegas residency but If her vocals were bad which i highly doubt why couldn't they just set up a little blue yeti mic in an office or have her sing over the phone? The only theory I can come up with that makes the most sense (even tho this and my other theories make no sense either but then again this album is so fucking strange in its own way) Maybe they wanted Britney to sing more "Britney" with her fake voice but she just couldn't do it anymore at the time. She clearly had depression or it was the medication that she was adjusting to. We know the "deep femme fatale" speaking voice she had for a while. And that could mean her singing was deeper too. And that it was harder to get a baby voice. That would explain the Myah thing. Maybe (and im not bashing no one saying this) Maybe Myah and Anthony went rogue and tried to hijack the album and just no one noticed... The other theory is that Anthony legitimately fucked up and mixed Brit's vocals with Myah's. But then that doesn't make sense because of the stem names and the fact Britney doesn't sing backing. Idk Britney Jean with 100% britney lead vocals would have been a much better album. Britney Jean has a lot of great songs I like that had a lot of potential even if Britney didn't like them. Britney can turn shit into gold with her voice. I think Britney Jean should be seen as a woman dealing with issues in her life mentally but she still powered through and served the best she could when she wanted to quit. And now she's coming back. 

I should have mentioned that even tho this album is flawed in many ways. I still love it and It should have more appreciation. I have such a personal connection with Alien and Hold Tight they're amazing.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Britneyxoxo_1234 said:

Can we make this happen if we all hunt for them. I remember they leaked before the album was released but then copy right enforcers did their thing and now they're lost amongst the traders... But I remember that the people who managed to get them said that most of the vocal stems were named things like "myah.vox" Idk Britney Jean could of been so much more if it wasn't for will.i.am being executive producer and most of the songs vocal production done by Anthony Preston... Literally the only songs where the lead is 100% Britney are the ones not edited by him (Perfume and dont cry). The songs on Britney Jean are okay but they could of been so much more with Britney's soulful voice. I still can't think why Anthony did what he did. Britney has a good voice and she's got good vocals on perfume and Don't cry. They're definitely vocals of a singer. So what the fuck happened to the other songs? I doubt that all the songs Anthony edited just happened to all be songs Britney's vocals flopped on... Someone managed to make a myah free version of Alien from leaked Britney recordings and Britney's voice is more than passable and sounds great. It was made clear that the album was rushed due to the preparations of the vegas residency but If her vocals were bad which i highly doubt why couldn't they just set up a little blue yeti mic in an office or have her sing over the phone? The only theory I can come up with that makes the most sense (even tho this and my other theories make no sense either but then again this album is so fucking strange in its own way) Maybe they wanted Britney to sing more "Britney" with her fake voice but she just couldn't do it anymore at the time. She clearly had depression or it was the medication that she was adjusting to. We know the "deep femme fatale" speaking voice she had for a while. And that could mean her singing was deeper too. And that it was harder to get a baby voice. That would explain the Myah thing. Maybe (and im not bashing no one saying this) Maybe Myah and Anthony went rogue and tried to hijack the album and just no one noticed... The other theory is that Anthony legitimately fucked up and mixed Brit's vocals with Myah's. But then that doesn't make sense because of the stem names and the fact Britney doesn't sing backing. Idk Britney Jean with 100% britney lead vocals would have been a much better album. Britney Jean has a lot of great songs I like that had a lot of potential even if Britney didn't like them. Britney can turn shit into gold with her voice. I think Britney Jean should be seen as a woman dealing with issues in her life mentally but she still powered through and served the best she could when she wanted to quit. And now she's coming back. 

I should have mentioned that even tho this album is flawed in many ways. I still love it and It should have more appreciation. I have such a personal connection with Alien and Hold Tight they're amazing.

Someone HAS to have them if they leaked. I never erase any of my Britney stuff :omg1: would love to make a Myah-free mix. And I totally agree with you — her best vocals on the album are perfume. Don't even get me started with the Alien vocals.... You couldn't just tell her it was a bad take and ask her to re-record the vocals with more warm ups? :frenchy: Britney Jean was an auto tune nightmare. Britney is clearly more than capable of singing. I hate it when her voice is unnecessarily auto tuned. With Alien it's almost like they added more auto tune on top of what was already there. William Orbit should make remixes of some of the tracks, that would be heaven. He should've been the only William on the album :howboutdat: 

Someone needs to hunt those passenger stems down tbh

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Britneyxoxo_1234 said:

So okay - There is a chance that they did whole protools session with more voices like Break The Ice session - 3 people sung the same stuff in separated folders and others voices were then used as bg/layered vocals in final track. But Preston just used Myah voice as lead vocals and in some parts he used Britney voice.

• Like 2

Here's a link to the video of the myah free Alien mix a guy did. He put in a lot of effort into this and I think he deserves more attention for it. He even put a link to a thread he wrote explaining how he made it and where he got the Britney and Myah recording snippets from. There's a download link he blessed us with to them in the thread too. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Britneyxoxo_1234 said:

Here's a link to the video of the myah free Alien mix a guy did. He put in a lot of effort into this and I think he deserves more attention for it. He even put a link to a thread he wrote explaining how he made it and where he got the Britney and Myah recording snippets from. There's a download link he blessed us with to them in the thread too. 

I really like it! :thumbsup: 

4 hours ago, JoshLee said:
  Hide contents

I honestly don't hate this album :mhm: Sure some songs have it flaws, but overall I kind of relate to them :gloria: My least fav Britney album is BOMT tbh 

Spoiler

It's not called flaws, daddy... It's called Myah :lmaolol: but I agree with you on everything :mhm:

• Like 3

• 3 months later...