What Do You Think About...

JoshLee

3 hours ago, JoshLee said:

T-Swizzle, AKA snake, AKA victims New song: Look What You Made Me Do

My opinion: It's a fucking bop! :crying1: I know that it's getting bad reviews but me personally I love it. Maybe because I can relate! 

Haven't heard it, and probably won't anytime soon because I don't listen to much radio (except a couple alternative channels we have here in Finland)

It broke youtubes and spotify records as well as taking the highest itunes top 100 share ever for first 48 hours. Out of all 100% sales for top 100 songs. the second place song was at 0.01%. Its about to score around 600k in sales first week at the states.

as a Swifty... I'm not OBSESSED with it but i understand the concept and the necessity of this single to a dance catchy katy/britney like song.  Extremely brilliant bussines woman. 

I will however be obsessed with the music video later on today...

plus i HATE kim and kanye and glad someone stands up to their bullshit.

i can still relate to 'bad blood' more and just about every lyric on 1989

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Light Yagami said:

It broke youtubes and spotify records as well as taking the highest itunes top 100 share ever for first 48 hours. Out of all 100% sales for top 100 songs. the second place song was at 0.01%. Its about to score around 600k in sales first week at the states.

as a Swifty... I'm not OBSESSED with it but i understand the concept and the necessity of this single to a dance catchy katy/britney like song.  Extremely brilliant bussines woman. 

I will however be obsessed with the music video later on today...

plus i HATE kim and kanye and glad someone stands up to their bullshit.

I'm not a fan of Taylor, and I'm one of those people who thinks she should of stuck with her country and country/pop crossover like her album Red was the last thing I enjoyed from her, and I hated her 1989 album, but honestly I think this is her BEST "pop standards" SONG! :crying1: I was getting tired of her love breakup songs so it's nice to have a revenge song that isn't about love or and ex boyfriend 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JoshLee said:

T-Swizzle, AKA snake, AKA victims New song: Look What You Made Me Do

My opinion: It's a fucking bop! :crying1: I know that it's getting bad reviews but me personally I love it. Maybe because I can relate! 

mariahdontknowher.gif.76eb3c77a583d57e624775e51ad25085.gif

Screenshot_20170814-224339.jpg.d4283e3ab7804d51715149b555bb2303.jpg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MakeMySugarFall said:

Not a fan of the song at all, but the video is pretty darn good. I just can't take this whole "I'm a bad bitch" move seriously. And people were comparing it to 2007/Blackout Britney. HA - they tried.

I knew people would call it her 2007/Blackout era cuz it has that vibe, but I bet like a couple of songs may have a dark tone, but there's gonna be some 1989  vibes there :mhm: plus she isn't having a breakdown so you can't really compare the two 

• Like 2

Where did yall hear comparisons to Blackout ? :/

all i heard on radio stations is people comparing it to Circus and Womanizer because technically its 6th album for both AND both are about media (well...britney tried)

thats the problem with Britney....she should have gone along singing about her life and a theme...as soon as she stopped and pulled Femme Fatale that had nothing to do with anything.... It went downhill.  She released BJ that was supposed to be about her but there was only 1 song on the whole album that was actually humaly relatable... Glory had no theme either.

people like albums with themes, not just a bunch of songs about a bunch of random unrelated pop topics 

2 minutes ago, Light Yagami said:

all i heard on radio stations is people comparing it to Circus and Womanizer because technically its 6th album for both AND both are about media (well...britney tried)

thats the problem with Britney....she should have gone along singing about her life and a theme...as soon as she stopped and pulled Femme Fatale that had nothing to do with anything.... It went downhill.  She released BJ that was supposed to be about her but there was only 1 song on the whole album that was actually humaly relatable... Glory had no theme either.

people like albums with themes, not just a bunch of songs about a bunch of random unrelated pop topics 

Femme Fatale was successful technically cuz she topped the charts and was played all over the radio because it was about dancing at the time so she didn't fail there. 

But everyone is comparing it to BO :mhm: 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, JoshLee said:

I knew people would call it her 2007/Blackout era cuz it has that vibe, but I bet like a couple of songs may have a dark tone, but there's gonna be some 1989  vibes there :mhm: plus she isn't having a breakdown so you can't really compare the two 

This was one of my favorite responses to the comparisons (as is the tweet she follows it with!):

31 minutes ago, Light Yagami said:

It was all over Twitter for a bit after the song came out (pre-video). They're saying because she may be taking on a darker, more "bad girl" role, but I think there's a number of reasons why (albeit just based on this song) that that's not true. I think POM was a better effort than LWYMMD, but I would like to see Taylor with some more edge in general. Just the comparisons irked me.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Light Yagami said:

#1 with 353k. Highest female debut for 2017 and first since Adele in 2015.

I understand that female artist sales are dying alongside record sales (which is unexpected)

But still, this....is so underwhealming ! I was not expecting less than 500k ?

I don't care about sales tbh I only cared that she destroyed Despacito. :mhm: I'd rather have Mariah Carey (who I don't listen to) have the record than Despacito :tbh: I know their tied now tho which is sad, but thank God Taylor had a hit to beat them with 

• Like 2

Why do you guys hate Despacito ?   I hate Justin but i somehow ended up knowing the lyrics and singing it 

You say it because you haven't heard the song since last year. When it came out without Justin it instantly became a hit in Argentina and it had already been kinda forgotten when Justin had to jump in and make the song popular again :ashley: I'VE BEEN HEARING DESPACITO ALL THE TIME SINCE LAST YEAR
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, Light Yagami said:

Why do you guys hate Despacito ?   I hate Justin but i somehow ended up knowing the lyrics and singing it 

Its like The Chainsmokers - Closer (feat. Halsey) OVERPLAYED AND GENERIC AFFFFF!!! I like Justin's music don't get me wrong, but it really seems cheap to add someone popular to a song just so they can get money :mhm: It's obviously a stunt (that worked well), but I'm sick of hearing it on the radio every other song, and sick of people being like: I love how Justin can speak a different language :zoomzoom: He didn't write the lyrics, he can't even sing them live cuz he doesn't know them :zoomzoom: Like seriously...

• Like 2

On 9/5/2017 at 4:12 PM, Light Yagami said:

#1 with 353k. Highest debut for 2017 and first since Adele in 2015.

I understand that female artist sales are dying alongside record sales (which is unexpected)

But still, this....is so underwhealming ! I was not expecting less than 500k ?

Tbh, I thought it was going to hit at LEAST 400k. I was surprised as well that it came under that even.

• Like 1

On September 7, 2017 at 9:19 AM, MakeMySugarFall said:

Tbh, I thought it was going to hit at LEAST 400k. I was surprised as well that it came under that even.

715k first week globally, which is her highest debut to date.

i guess that was the plan. To finally expand out of the US market (like Pink)

she hasnt done any promo yet or showed her face in public and unlikely to do any but she really should fly out and focus on japan and south korea... Half the global chart is filled with their albums. Clearly the music industry there is alive and well.

LWYMMD is truly one of her weakest singles but it was carefully planned to make a statement rather than 'carry on like nothing happened' which would have been a fatal mistake that most singers make.

the second song seems to have a been a test theyre doing

i always forget every action on behalf of her team is planned for months with tens of back up plans and scenerios 

i wonder who her manager is

• Like 2