There's A Petition To Replace All The Confederate Monuments In New Orleans With Britney Spears Statues

MakeMySugarFall

For fear of introducing something a bit politically (and highly charged) to these forums ... whatever, here we go: https://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/statueney

Also, that photo of her in the lacy bodysuit with her female dancers - bitch looks like a straight up Barbie doll wig fucking snatched.

There's A Petition To Replace All The Confederate Monuments In New Orleans With Britney Spears Statues

*Signs immediately*

Posted on August 22, 2017, at 10:09 a.m.
Matt Stopera

Matt Stopera

BuzzFeed Staff

In case you missed it, there's a push to replace or take down Confederate monuments throughout the United States...which, like, yes. About time.

sub-buzz-4616-1503352345-4.jpg?downsize=

Justin Sullivan / Getty Images

And now someone has come up with an excellent plan for what to do with all the new space in New Orleans in the places where Confederate monuments once stood.

For backstory: New Orleans removed its remaining Confederate monuments in May.

Here's what's happening: A genius and humanitarian is petitioning the governor of Louisiana to replace those old Confederate statues with ones of Louisiana native, living legend, and vocalist Britney Spears.

sub-buzz-3131-1503350047-5.jpg?downsize=

And honestly, it makes total sense.

Who would want a statue of this stupid racist horse and some dusty old dude...

sub-buzz-29849-1503349638-8.jpg?downsize

Gjgk Photography / Getty Images

...when you could have a statue of someone with two diamond albums, a successful Las Vegas residency, and 287 perfumes?

sub-buzz-20531-1503352451-5.jpg?downsize

It would be a huge upgrade to replace this problematic man with a statue of the gorgeous and unproblematic princess of pop.

sub-buzz-29566-1503349160-9.jpg?downsize

Justin Sullivan / Getty Images

Those Confederate losers could never.

sub-buzz-9111-1503413517-3.jpg?downsize=

Tumblr

But seriously though, imagine seeing a statue of someone this inspiring and gorgeous every damn day. I can see the positive community influence and impact now. It's beautiful.

sub-buzz-18592-1503348944-1.jpg?downsize

New Orleans would be seriously upgrading its stuffy old aesthetic...

sub-buzz-3131-1503349635-3.jpg?downsize=

Gjgk Photography / Getty Images

...with inspiring statues of the queen of modern job growth.

sub-buzz-20267-1503352190-10.jpg?downsiz

John Gara/BuzzFeed

The petition sums up my feelings on this issue best: "Do the right thing: Replace the Confederate statues with an actual Louisiana hero and influential human being, Britney Spears."

You can see the petition for yourself here. And yes, I realize New Orleans has already gotten rid of its Confederate monuments. This is a plan for their replacement. Thank you and Britney Spears outsold.

• Like 2

I really don't think an important part of history should be destroyed. The statues should have been kept in place.

But I'd really love to see a statue of Britney somewhere! She deserves it!

7 minutes ago, sairaannopee99 said:

I really don't think an important part of history should be destroyed. The statues should have been kept in place.

This is why I didn't want to share it, but I'll just say I strongly disagree with the first part. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sairaannopee99 said:

Should we have also left the "Whites Only" signs above drinking fountains and bathrooms, since they're a part of history? 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, MakeMySugarFall said:

This is why I didn't want to share it, but I'll just say I strongly disagree with the first part. 

I see your point, because there's politics involved and ppl tend to have strong political opinions. I still think that because of Britney it's worth sharing

29 minutes ago, Ricki Lake said:

Should we have also left the "Whites Only" signs above drinking fountains and bathrooms, since they're a part of history? 

Signs are different. They are cheaper to remove and to transport to museums

9 hours ago, sairaannopee99 said:

You're not going to like my petition to have the Statue of Liberty replaced with Britney then!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ricki Lake said:

but they are a part of history. Why would you remove that? :wyd:

Signs are meant to inform ppl about something. For example: does a "whites only" rule still exist there? If yes, the signs stay. If no, then the signs have no purpose in their original places and would be more useful in museums

1 hour ago, laracroftonline said:

tell me the difference on what isis are doing and the americans right now with the statues.

They're destroying statues and Americans are moving them to museums or in storage? It's a massive difference and to suggest they're the same is to note that you don't understand why they shouldn't have been put up in the first place. ISIS is in "burn everything down" mode because fuck society. Black people in America are wondering why they're surrounded by statues put up mainly during the Jim Crow era to reinforce whites > blacks and celebrate traitors and the old south. Contrary to popular misunderstanding, these statues were NOT originally placed as markers of history, especially when statues exist that say "In celebration of white supremacy" or are of just plain ole slave owners. BIG difference.  

Anyway, take em all down and put Britney in their place, I'm here for it. 

• Like 1

I think statues are made to honour something that happen in the past, and some things are not worth of that honour.

It's necessary to keep them in mind? Yes. So you don't repeat those errors, but not to commemorate such terrible actions.

I'm just saying this bc of what someone said :moorangu:

And yes, I'm here for Britney

• Like 2