I want Britney to revive the 90s alt-pop-rock sound

M.E.

So I've been thinking lately how much I really miss that sound. Nobody is doing it, and I really wish someone would bring it back. Britney's the perfect candidate. Us fans are from that era and can appreciate it more than anyone else, and she could convincingly pull that sound off as we've heard with You Oughta Know and now Something To Talk About. Plus she would also be able to sing it live. It may not be super commercial but I doubt she's going to be having huge hits anymore anyway since she doesn't want to promote properly, and it doesn't have to be an entire album of that sound. Just a few tracks...

• Like 1

Funny thing is she originally saw herself doing songs like this before she was signed but once she got on, her team rightfully steered her to the teen pop sound because there wasn't a lot of solo female teen pop stars like there was an overflow of solo female alt-pop stars. She could explore this sound for a song or two but not a whole album. I actually think she should move more towards an 80s/early 90s pop/rock hybrid sound. She could have an anthem or something like "under pressure" or "rapture", even "pink" or "crying" by aerosmith, "stay" by Lisa Loeb, "missing" by everything but the girl, "paranoid" by garbage. I could go on but I'll stop there. 

• Like 1

I'm here for an ITZ and Blackout era redux - Britney has an ear for good pop (and tbh r&b - the unreleased r&b tinged songs are so much better than the ones her label approved for release) and she started trends. Anyone remember how mad dubstep fans were with her for BO and FF? I think she can do it again, explore a new sound, new combinations that continue her trend as a pointer. 

Obviously, she'd have to want to and it'd be fair for her not to be interested. She has nothing to prove to anyone anymore. But damn I'd be excited/interested. 

• Like 1

On 8/21/2017 at 11:15 AM, MonaLisa613 said:

I wouldn't want a whole album of it, cuz honestly, it was the pop/dance music of hers that won me as a fan and I still love it today, but I def wouldn't mind some songs like that esp. if it would allow her to also sing live at her shows. Because I do like when she does rock style songs such as DKMW.

I agree with this :yesplz: