Katy Perry can't help herself, apparently

MakeMySugarFall

source: http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/katy-perry-koala-dog-chase-australia-myers-outrage-a7827601.html

Katy Perry sparks fire for 'disgusting' koala-chasing advert

'This just destroys all the good work we do to try to encourage people not to let their dogs come into contact with koalas,' says Gold Coast wildlife vet

Katy Perry has sparked outrage for telling her pet dog nugget to “go chase some koalas” in an advert for an Australian department store chain.

This might sound fairly harmless to non-Australians or people who know little about koala bears but the problem of dogs attacking koalas is a big one in the country. 

The RSPCA in Queensland, the second-largest Australian state, says it has taken in more than 170 koalas with 25 per cent of those victims of dog attacks.

Myer, a mid-to-up market Australian department store, has been forced to pull down the advert which was branded “disgusting” by animal lovers and “insensitive” by one of the country’s leading wildlife charities.

The advert shows the pop superstar, who is the most followed person on the Twitter and recently became the first person to reach 100 million followers on the site, telling viewers how they can win 8,000 free tickets to her next show in Australia, and then telling her teacup poodle: "Let's go and chase some koalas, Nugget!".

Katy Perry sparks outrage after telling dog to 'go chase some koalas' in advert

"This is just absolute ignorance from Perry and Myer, and inappropriate on so many levels," Gold Coast wildlife vet, Claire Madden, told The Courier-Mail.

"Perry is a role model to so many young people, and this just destroys all the good work we do to try to encourage people not to let their dogs come into contact with koalas."

According to the country's department of environment and heritage protection, on average roughly 110 koalas are attacked by dogs each year, and most attacks are fatal.

The Australian Koala Foundation estimates there are fewer than 100,000 koalas left in the wild but that figure could potentially be as low as 43,000.

“Katy Perry I challenge you to come and spend a day with me (a wildlife vet) and learn first hand why your comment should NOT be streamed across the nation,” Ms Madden said.

She added: "Koalas attacked by dogs is one of their biggest threats and primary reasons for presenting to wildlife hospitals across Australia.

"Come visit me and you will quickly learn how adorable and precious our koalas are and how undeserving your comment is."

A spokesperson said: “We are aware of comments in relation to Katy Perry's Witness: The Tour advertisement and a particular reference made to koalas.

“We are currently removing the material which references koalas.”

Fans expressed their disappointment with the musician on Twitter, with one critic saying: “Heard the radio ad and wasn't impressed by the koala chasing bit”.

Asking your dog to chase koalas is seriously cruel @katyperry! 100 koalas die every year from dog attacks ??http://www.torontosun.com/2017/07/05/animal-rights-activists-roar-over-katy-perry-koala-chasing-ad …

Another posted: “Please tell Katy Perry that her puppy dog can't chase Koalas.”

The Independent contacted a representative of Perry for comment.

• Like 1

Also:

The advert shows the pop superstar, who is the most followed person on the Twitter and recently became the first person to reach 100 million followers on the site, telling viewers how they can win 8,000 free tickets to her next show in Australia, and then telling her teacup poodle: "Let's go and chase some koalas, Nugget!".

Is she having issues selling concert tickets now????

On 7/7/2017 at 10:21 AM, Turn Ya Head said:

I mean she used to tbh. Both Prism and Witness are a mess.

Prism is actually considered her best album so I wouldn't call that a mess, but Witness is her worst album tbh :mhm: I liked CTTR, but then Bon Appetite came along and I was like: ew, and then Swish Swish I liked and then I heard the album and only kept like 5 songs :gloria:

• Like 1

Prism is actually considered her best album so I wouldn't call that a mess, but Witness is her worst album tbh :mhm: I liked CTTR, but then Bon Appetite came along and I was like: ew, and then Swish Swish I liked and then I heard the album and only kept like 5 songs :gloria:

Tbh I can't stand Prism, Dark Horse and Roar must be the worst songs ever.
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, JoshLee said:

1 minute ago, Turn Ya Head said:

Tbh I can't stand Prism, Dark Horse and Roar must be the worst songs ever.

Bot of these albums are the worst!!!

Dark horse is embarassing about lyrics how she is repeating words there and CTTR is embarassing DH 2.0 plus she sucks a bit more in lyrics and she can't sing long notes... Idk what everyone see in her 'music'?

• Like 1