'Britney Spears Passes on Netanyahu Meeting After Getting Mobbed at Kotel'

Source: http://www.haaretz.com/us-news/1.799080?v=AB20AD838535A0EC62F62C53A4AA471C

Britney Spears Passes on Netanyahu Meeting After Getting Mobbed at Kotel

Spears' people are reportedly furious with Prime Minister's Office, saying that the meeting was never confirmed. Pop star will meet pediatric cancer patients on Monday instead

American pop icon Britney Spears reportedly skipped a meeting with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu scheduled on Sunday evening after a raucous visit to the Western Wall in Jerusalem.

Excited fans mobbed Spears, including jumping on her, during her visit to the Western Wall, Ynet reported, ahead of her concert slated for Monday evening at Yarkon Park in Tel Aviv.

According to Ynet, Spears' entourage was furious at the reports and said the meeting with Netanyahu had never been confirmed. They accused the Prime Minister's Office of issuing a statement that erroneously claimed Spears had cancelled the meeting.

In response, the Prime Minister's Office said the meeting was indeed never confirmed, but also denied issuing a statement saying that Spears had cancelled the meeting.

The meeting with Netanyahu was supposed to include pediatric cancer patients. Ynet reported that Spears would meet with the sick children on Monday before her concert, citing those in Spear’s inner circle. 

Monday’s concert is part of Spears’ summer Asian tour promoting her album “Glory,” which was released last year. It is her first tour outside the U.S. since 2011 and her first-ever time in Israel.

Spears, 35, has sold more than 240 million albums, DVDs and singles since her debut in 1999.

• Like 1

This is screaming a set up for press and not on Britney's end. It's fucked up they're using her like that, especially considering how scared she is (as anyone would be when they're getting MOBBED) in situations like that. Those fans should be ashamed of themselves, and I'm glad that Britney will be seeing the children anyway. That's what counts.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, heather said:

This is screaming a set up for press and not on Britney's end. It's fucked up they're using her like that, especially considering how scared she is (as anyone would be when they're getting MOBBED) in situations like that. Those fans should be ashamed of themselves, and I'm glad that Britney will be seeing the children anyway. That's what counts.

Yeah I think she's/her team is doing the right thing: say it was a false story, visit the kids, keep it moving. The video of her being mobbed is terrifying. I honestly couldn't do it, I'd have a panic attack. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Gimme More said:

Even though the entire situation was fucked in every way, once again Britney handles it with true class. Seeing the sick kids in the end is what it is all about. Britney is such a kind and down to earth person.

Very true. I know Britney has always been a super kind, thoughtful person, but I feel like post-2007 breakdown she has super focused on what's actually important and cut out the negative and stupid stuff. I know she's repeatedly said her kids have been a huge help with that and I think it's awesome. She takes a ton of criticism for stupid shit, but neither her nor her team give into it and I love that. Focus on a person's actions, not their words. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MonaLisa613 said:

Her being mobbed like that was really fucked up!! Photographers acting like that doesn't surprise me at all but you'd think fans would know better.

I expected photographers doing that but fans? Really? I thought fans would be wiser than that. The last ppl I'd expect to jump on her are the fans

4 hours ago, Light Yagami said:

Not surprised at fans jumping on her... They waited for 18 years to be close to her

its not like US where everyone is sick of her and used to seeing her at walmart so its not big deal

those of you who live far away and never got to see her would understand...

I live far away. But in Finland we respect privacy. If I saw Britney walking in our streets I'd probably freak out from the inside. But I wouldn't just jump on her. Sure I would go ask if I could talk to her and/or take a pic with her but as a Finn I'd still respect her as a regular person

1 hour ago, sairaannopee99 said:

I live far away. But in Finland we respect privacy. If I saw Britney walking in our streets I'd probably freak out from the inside. But I wouldn't just jump on her. Sure I would go ask if I could talk to her and/or take a pic with her but as a Finn I'd still respect her as a regular person

I agree, it shouldn't matter whether a person lives in the same city as her or a different country, you should still respect her space. Calmly approaching her is one thing but attacking her is just straight up wrong. Like I get the excitement,  I may live in the same country as her but if I saw her walking the streets of Philly, I'd freak too but I also would keep it on the inside and do everying to remain composed on the outside, cuz u don't wanna freak her out or worse...piss her off!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MonaLisa613 said:

I agree, it shouldn't matter whether a person lives in the same city as her or a different country, you should still respect her space. Calmly approaching her is one thing but attacking her is just straight up wrong. Like I get the excitement,  I may live in the same country as her but if I saw her walking the streets of Philly, I'd freak too but I also would keep it on the inside and do everying to remain composed on the outside, cuz u don't wanna freak her out or worse...piss her off!!

This, and I think that people forget that America is a big fucking country. We may live in the same land space as her, but I definitely don't see her everyday lol. I've been to LA twice now and haven't seen her (or any other celebrities because I have the worst luck).