'Britney Spears spoke about her mental health struggles, how she's her own worst critic, and being overprotected'

http://hellogiggles.com/britney-spears-mental-health-overprotected/

Britney Spears spoke about her mental health struggles, how she's her own worst critic, and being overprotected

Britney_Spears2-700x525.jpgAllen Berezovsky/WireImage/Getty Images

In a rare and candid interview, the Princess of Pop Britney Spears has opened up about her mental health, and shared her thoughts on her massive superstardom.

The singer, who is currently on her first tour of Asia in 2002, was speaking to Israeli paper Yediot Ahronot where she shared some of her most candid and real thoughts in years. The interview comes just days ahead of the performer’s first ever concert in Tel Aviv, which has actually caused the country to delay an election, and after the singer’s new boo, Sam Asghari, flew to Japan to be with the singer while she was performing a string of concerts in the country.

However, it’s Britney Spears’ latest interview that has us sitting up and paying attention.

Spears, who is known to be intensely private and who doesn’t usually discuss her much publicized breakdown, can often give somewhat one dimensional answers in interviews. Yet, speaking to Yediot Ahronot it seems that the singer has let her guard down.

According to a translation of the interview that appeared on Breathe Heavy, Brit was asked about her superstardom, and what it was like to be her.

Given that she’s still, 20 years into her career, one of the most famous people in the world, the singer said that she often finds herself in denial about her star status.

“Deep inside I wish to be very private, which I believe I am,” she said. “All this fame is way too much for me, as it’s really hard to grasp its magnitude.”

Continuing, Spears said that she often looks back at her career and questions some of the goings on in the music industry, and said that if she could give her 16-year-old self any words of advice it would be to “enjoy the moment.”

When asked about whether this was something she hadn’t really done, the star said, “Not really. I think I had fun when I was younger. I was a pretty normal girl, a tomboy. But my 20’s were awful. My 30’s are much better for me, I’ve learned to get to know myself better.”

“I think I had to give myself more breaks through my career and take responsibility for my mental health,” she added, when asked about what in 20’s made them so awful. “There were many decisions that were made for me and that I didn’t make myself.”

As the interviewer quips that she was “overprotected,” Britney opened up even more.

“My life was controlled by too many people and that doesn’t really let you be yourself,” she admitted. “In that situation, when your not in control, you become less excited, and there’s less passion when it comes to music. I wrote back then, that I was lost and didn’t know what to do with myself. I was trying to please everyone around me because that who I am deep inside. There are moments where I look back and think ‘What the hell was I thinking.'”

Britney then got super real as she was asked about when she was the toughest on herself.

“The more exact question is when wasn’t I?”

While the singer refused to called those turbulent years following the births of her two sons a “crisis,” she did say that it can be a balancing act, but that she has now found peace.

“Each and every one of us that starts at a young age needs to take into account that you’ve gotta be balanced in order to stay in this industry and to manage your personal life. Sometimes that’s very challenging. I think I was very different back then, younger, not always knowing what’s good or bad, very instinctive,” she said. “Today I’m at a better place in my life. My kids shaped my personality and filled me. They made me not worry about what was happening to me.” 

Given that Britney Spears doesn’t often open up about her life so candidly, we’re incredibly grateful that she decided to share some of her story. What’s more, we’re so, so, so happy to hear that she is feeling centered with her children, and that she has managed to work her way out of that situation and arrive at a place where she’s happy and healthy.

Indeed, from looking at her very eccentric Instagram account, Britney seems to be living her life to the fullest, whether it’s putting on home fashion shows or just sharing silly memes (or Google Imaged pictures of corn), and we absolutely love seeing it.hg-heart-pink.svg
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, MakeMySugarFall said:

http://hellogiggles.com/britney-spears-mental-health-overprotected/

Britney Spears spoke about her mental health struggles, how she's her own worst critic, and being overprotected

Britney_Spears2-700x525.jpgAllen Berezovsky/WireImage/Getty Images

In a rare and candid interview, the Princess of Pop Britney Spears has opened up about her mental health, and shared her thoughts on her massive superstardom.

The singer, who is currently on her first tour of Asia in 2002, was speaking to Israeli paper Yediot Ahronot where she shared some of her most candid and real thoughts in years. The interview comes just days ahead of the performer’s first ever concert in Tel Aviv, which has actually caused the country to delay an election, and after the singer’s new boo, Sam Asghari, flew to Japan to be with the singer while she was performing a string of concerts in the country.

However, it’s Britney Spears’ latest interview that has us sitting up and paying attention.

Spears, who is known to be intensely private and who doesn’t usually discuss her much publicized breakdown, can often give somewhat one dimensional answers in interviews. Yet, speaking to Yediot Ahronot it seems that the singer has let her guard down.

According to a translation of the interview that appeared on Breathe Heavy, Brit was asked about her superstardom, and what it was like to be her.

Given that she’s still, 20 years into her career, one of the most famous people in the world, the singer said that she often finds herself in denial about her star status.

“Deep inside I wish to be very private, which I believe I am,” she said. “All this fame is way too much for me, as it’s really hard to grasp its magnitude.”

Continuing, Spears said that she often looks back at her career and questions some of the goings on in the music industry, and said that if she could give her 16-year-old self any words of advice it would be to “enjoy the moment.”

When asked about whether this was something she hadn’t really done, the star said, “Not really. I think I had fun when I was younger. I was a pretty normal girl, a tomboy. But my 20’s were awful. My 30’s are much better for me, I’ve learned to get to know myself better.”

“I think I had to give myself more breaks through my career and take responsibility for my mental health,” she added, when asked about what in 20’s made them so awful. “There were many decisions that were made for me and that I didn’t make myself.”

As the interviewer quips that she was “overprotected,” Britney opened up even more.

“My life was controlled by too many people and that doesn’t really let you be yourself,” she admitted. “In that situation, when your not in control, you become less excited, and there’s less passion when it comes to music. I wrote back then, that I was lost and didn’t know what to do with myself. I was trying to please everyone around me because that who I am deep inside. There are moments where I look back and think ‘What the hell was I thinking.'”

Britney then got super real as she was asked about when she was the toughest on herself.

“The more exact question is when wasn’t I?”

While the singer refused to called those turbulent years following the births of her two sons a “crisis,” she did say that it can be a balancing act, but that she has now found peace.

“Each and every one of us that starts at a young age needs to take into account that you’ve gotta be balanced in order to stay in this industry and to manage your personal life. Sometimes that’s very challenging. I think I was very different back then, younger, not always knowing what’s good or bad, very instinctive,” she said. “Today I’m at a better place in my life. My kids shaped my personality and filled me. They made me not worry about what was happening to me.” 

Given that Britney Spears doesn’t often open up about her life so candidly, we’re incredibly grateful that she decided to share some of her story. What’s more, we’re so, so, so happy to hear that she is feeling centered with her children, and that she has managed to work her way out of that situation and arrive at a place where she’s happy and healthy.

Indeed, from looking at her very eccentric Instagram account, Britney seems to be living her life to the fullest, whether it’s putting on home fashion shows or just sharing silly memes (or Google Imaged pictures of corn), and we absolutely love seeing it.hg-heart-pink.svg

Finally she spilled a bit of truth tea:omgah:

Spoiler

Probably she is there without her papa and manager :sunglasses:

I really loved this interview. Knowing she's speaking so candidly about the past and seeing just how far she came is a true inspiration to people. I'm glad the only ones she's worried about pleasing now are herself and her boys. They're all that matters <3

• Like 5

2 hours ago, heather said:

I really loved this interview. Knowing she's speaking so candidly about the past and seeing just how far she came is a true inspiration to people. I'm glad the only ones she's worried about pleasing now are herself and her boys. They're all that matters <3

It really is a great interview. She seemed to be more relaxed than in many of her interviews that read like she just wants to get tf out of there lol. Some more of my favorite parts:

Is it harder for you in the pop industry that includes names like Beyonce, Rihanna and Taylor Swift?

“I don’t see it like you see it, the competition between us singers. I think we need to support each other from a place of women empowerment. 

Is it harder for you to create hits comparing to when you started?

“The musical world is just much more accessible to everyone”.

Our readers chose “Oops…” “Baby One More Time” and “Born To Make You Happy” as your best songs, do you agree?

I love those songs but I have a few other favorites. And no, I don’t get tired of any of my songs”.

• Like 1

I loved the interview. I was a bit surprised that she talked more about her past because she hasn't been that open since FTR. I guess this proves she's truly moved on

Good for her.

although i dont understand why celebrities always talk about the struggle of the choices they didnt get to make. 99% of us have jobs and bosses above us and never get any choice in the matter. Thats the way human life works.

as for the industry...it should be treated like a bussiness. If you go into it just to get laid or do dumb shit or 'singing is my passion so ill do that' like so many of them do then you will crash and burn. If you see it for what it is, a job and a bussiness you will be a pro and have your priorities in line (like Madonna and Taylor).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Light Yagami said:

Good for her.

although i dont understand why celebrities always talk about the struggle of the choices they didnt get to make. 99% of us have jobs and bosses above us and never get any choice in the matter. Thats the way human life works.

as for the industry...it should be treated like a bussiness. If you go into it just to get laid or do dumb shit or 'singing is my passion so ill do that' like so many of them do then you will crash and burn. If you see it for what it is, a job and a bussiness you will be a pro and have your priorities in line (like Madonna and Taylor).

Our jobs don't make us public figures. The pressure, exposure and magnitude of her job and how much it affects other people (corporations, fans, mass media, etc) can't be compared to a regular 8-hour-job. And she faced all that when she was very young.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, edurance said:

Our jobs don't make us public figures. The pressure, exposure and magnitude of her job and how much it affects other people (corporations, fans, mass media, etc) can't be compared to a regular 8-hour-job. And she faced all that when she was very young.

That last point is key because most of us aren't pushed by our parents to try to make it in show biz, which is very, very intense (and thank god most of our parents don't).

4 hours ago, edurance said:

Being a public figure is easy or maybe i find it easy because i am a very decent person with a clear mind set of where im going and how to get there, driven by money offcours.  Thats what i was saying ... People who go into the industry knowing its a job never fall under the pressure.

if i were famous youd never find me in a club, with bad company , lame award shows, twitter beefing with low lives or having a sex tape or nudes leak.

i analyze everything i say or do before doing it and foresee how it might be accepted by everyone around me. Its literally my biggest fear to not be perfect and people like justin beiber and demi lovato disgust me. 

but britney is different...  I guess she was too young and by her mid 20s wanted to break out and try new things... The only new thing i ever wanted to try since i was 10 was to be a billionaire and open lots of animal shelters so...