Is Britney like Shania Twain?

tab1993

10 minutes ago, MIKE said:

I see so many parallels after reading this title. 

I've been thinking about it for days. I've never seen them compares before. I feel like Britney lip syncs all her performances so she does permanently damage her voice like Shania has.

3 hours ago, tab1993 said:

I've recently been listening to a lot of Shania Twain, and I've noticed the change in her voice between her albums. She uses different voice than her first album than she did on the rest. Do you think Britney has disphonia?

Spoiler

They forced her voice into Baby voice (50% of OOPS-FF) and then she did Glory (PS/WYN) album with old/new vocals.

BOMT vocals = Glory vocals tho excuseme.gif.f7aa944a9aaab028e753ca4805f70584.gif

I all comes down to priorities now for Britney. She is in her mid 30's has 2 kids and still works her ass off to give on hell of a show to her fans, I don't know if she is really lazy I just think she has higher priorities in her life like her kids when it comes to seriously training her voice at this stage of her life. Really how much longer is she going to be able to dance around the stage and do what she does frequently? If she is lucky because she is really fir 10 years or a little more until she really wears down. You certainly don't see Madonna doing it night in and night out anymore. The reality is she has to put certain things in order and to me that doesn't make her lazy at all because she definitely works her ass off in a lot of things. Just look at her body.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Gimme More said:

I all comes down to priorities now for Britney. She is in her mid 30's has 2 kids and still works her ass off to give on hell of a show to her fans, I don't know if she is really lazy I just think she has higher priorities in her life like her kids when it comes to seriously training her voice at this stage of her life. Really how much longer is she going to be able to dance around the stage and do what she does frequently? If she is lucky because she is really fir 10 years or a little more until she really wears down. You certainly don't see Madonna doing it night in and night out anymore. The reality is she has to put certain things in order and to me that doesn't make her lazy at all because she definitely works her ass off in a lot of things. Just look at her body.

I agree that she's been putting more effort in her personal life (which is the right choice), especially her body. It's been noticed here too and I bet many ppl get motivation to work out from Britney. And even tho she doesn't sing live the non autotune leaks have proven that she can definitely still sing

26 minutes ago, sairaannopee99 said:

I agree that she's been putting more effort in her personal life (which is the right choice), especially her body. It's been noticed here too and I bet many ppl get motivation to work out from Britney. And even tho she doesn't sing live the non autotune leaks have proven that she can definitely still sing

Damn Straight she can sing. It has to be really hard Dance those routines for hours in a live show and sing the entire time. I highly doubt any Artist does it. Not even Michael Jackson who from watching his videos had some pretty elaborate dance routines in his concerts. 

• Like 1

Britney has never been a live singing act. Yes, she's sang live here and there throughout her career, but the fact of the matter is you never go to a Britney show expecting amazing vocals. You go for the entirety of her show, to be entertained. There are a plethora of reasons why her voice has changed over the years and the first is IT'S BEEN YEARS. Trained or not, voices change over time. Britney's a known smoker, that will change your voice. Plus we all know her label made her change the way she sang for her records and it likely caused damage as well.

• Like 2

Its not about practice with her its about stage fright

she knows how bad it will be if her live singing sucks and it did suck before so I'm not surprised she stopped

one thing is to go up on stage and just skip around, another is to actually put your career on the line and sing.... How would you feel having to sing infront of so many judgmental people with their phone cameras pointing at you

especially with her level of anxiety 

one wrong note and you throw yourself off and from then on itll get worse and worse

2 minutes ago, Light Yagami said:

Its not about practice with her its about stage fright

she knows how bad it will be if her live singing sucks and it did suck before so I'm not surprised she stopped

one thing is to go up on stage and just skip around, another is to actually put your career on the line and sing.... How would you feel having to sing infront of so many judgmental people with their phone cameras pointing at you

especially with her level of anxiety 

one wrong note and you throw yourself off and from then on itll get worse and worse

All what she needs now for 100% good live singing is get back her 1997/8 vocal coach...

10 hours ago, Gimme More said:

Finally someone who understands Britney's life isnt for us to take but for hers to live.:hug:

• Like 1

I was just pointing out the similarities between the two. They both changed the way they sing for their labels. Her vocals on glory were nowhere near as powerful as they were in the BOMT era. I'm not saying she can't sing. I'm simply stating the obvious, which is that she doesn't sound the same as she used to. I think when she's ready she'll speak on it. However there are many similarities between the two. If some of you do some research and listen to some Shania twain songs between 1993 and 2004 I think you'll understand why I posted this