Why would CYM have slayed so much if it was released?

Mike.

Should have been the lead single, I SAID WHAT I SAID. rih14

I was imagining something similar to this for the video 2qlu2ac.gif

basically a video focusing on her dancing and sex appeal, it's hard to explain what I really have in mind but just so y'all can get an idea. :yakno:

STREAM IT BTW, it has many streams compared to the other album tracks. :chewgum:

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, ☆☆☆BoredJean☆☆☆ said:

Not as lead single:

---

1. Make Me...

2. Slumber Party

3. Just Luv Me

4. No Seas Cortes

5. What You Need

6. Mood Ring 

Just Luv Me wouldn't have done anything to the era, maybe with a remix with Justin Bieber.

What You Need is not single-worthy at all.

Mood Ring would probably flop due to the fact that it's very similar to Rihanna's Needed Me, it's only a japanese bonus track anyway.

An uptempo song like CYM would have probably done better than Make Me as a lead.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Mike. said:

Just Luv Me wouldn't have done anything to the era, maybe with a remix with Justin Bieber.

What You Need is not single-worthy at all.

Mood Ring would probably flop due to the fact that it's very similar to Rihanna's Needed Me, it's only a japanese bonus track anyway.

An uptempo song like CYM would have probably done better than Make Me as a lead.

Thank you for destroying this era :Icant:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, heather said:

DYWCO with different choreography than what she does in Vegas.

This song would have flopped harder than perfume, it's not single material at all. The fact that her sons loves it says it all :drown: not saying it's a bad song (although i think it is) but it's not made to be a single, sounds like a song you would put at a village party in the countryside eating some sausage, just no.

Make Me was fine as a lead but they really messed up everything starting promo way too late, releasing a disney MV, the underwhelming vma 'comeback'... that plus the fact that people arent interested in Britney's music anymore, it doesn't matter the song it wouldnt have been a big hit anyway. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Caroline77 said:

This song would have flopped harder than perfume, it's not single material at all. The fact that her sons loves it says it all :drown: not saying it's a bad song (although i think it is) but it's not made to be a single, sounds like a song you would put at a village party in the countryside eating some sausage, just no.

Make Me was fine as a lead but they really messed up everything starting promo way too late, releasing a disney MV, the underwhelming vma 'comeback'... that plus the fact that people arent interested in Britney's music anymore, it doesn't matter the song it wouldnt have been a big hit anyway. 

Its questionable information, hope its fake...btw- chorus is more for Grindr boys...

41 minutes ago, Caroline77 said:

Her sons also told her not to release make me, so what does that say? Anything was bound to be underwhelming with the way her team handled the release, tbh. DYWCO is a fun dance song, with the right video and a piece of iconic choreography like Slave has, which is what people expect from Britney- it would have done as well or slightly better than make me.

• Like 2

Almost anything on the album would have been better as a lead single. 'Make Me' represents the concept and vibe of the album well, but it was a terrible choice in terms of marketing. And the video didn't help. 'Slumber Party' + its video should have been the lead single. 'Change Your Mind' would have been a great follow-up as a second single. And Just Love Me could have been the perfect third single to close the era. Too bad Team B and RCA suck at marketing when it comes to Britney's music  :yawn:

• Like 1

Change your mind is great but I disagree about it being a lead or even a single in an ideal world.

She probably should have released two songs at the same time as the first & second singles and IMO those would have been DYWCO and LMD. 

Then the third abs and forth singles should have been SP & MM. A fifth single could have been either Liar or MoTM which would have only been serviced to AC pop radio stations. I think DYWCO would be a Grammy contender had it been released and I feel like they were going to release it since she added to POM but maybe the label cancelled further promotion of the album.

• Like 1