Revisiting the 2016 VMAs performance

As the title suggests I've recently rewatched Britney's 2016 VMAs performance. Ngl, I was not a big fan of it when it first happened. It just landed so flat for me! Most likely because it followed Beyoncé's big bonanza, not because it was bad. However, I've changed my opinion immensely upon several further rewatches. I have some thoughts:

1) It was actually a GREAT performance. Simple but packed a big punch. 

2) Britney was feeling herself. I don't know how I didn't notice it before, but this was the first performance in awhile where she was not stiff for any part of it. She was DANCING. Didn't look like she was counting the steps in her head.

3) I actually don't mind the costume now. Still not a huge fan of the color. And the backup dancers getups - I applaud them for going out in that hot mess.

4) The G-eazy part also wasn't as uncomfortable as I originally felt it was. Still think his rap is unnecessary, but the transition to Me, Myself & I was pretty hot. The crowd was living for it (and for the whole performance).

5) Only thing I'm still mad about is that damn microphone. IF SHE WON'T BE SINGING LIVE, DON'T PUT A DAMN MICROPHONE IN HER HAND. First watch, soon as I realized the sound on it was turned way down or off, I thought, "They're setting themselves up for the jokes/comments at this point." And yeah, it still pisses me off. 

6) I take that back, the hands/arms on the screen is still really weird. I think it's because they don't actually look like human arms. Loved Britney starting off the performance behind the screen, though, and the dancers rolling away from her body. First watch I remember being like, "Is this bitch in a gown and about to serve us some live vocals/ballad teas?!?!" ???

• Like 2

I love the performance to, she seemed to be really enjoying herself, she wasn't "DANCING" how you say cause she barely did any choreo, just mostly vouge moves, really simple and sexy, she wasn't stiff and it looked so good. It's actually one of my favorite live performance's, I love it!:cinderellaney:

(But have you ever noticed that she seems to work herself harder when she performs somewhere live like that, like at POM her performance is really lacking etc. But when she was at the VMAS/BBA she look's hot her dance's/vouge's and everything look on point!)

But back to It, it also makes me mad to that they gave her a microphone to make it seem live and she didn't even know the words to the song. (but then again she dont even know the words to her own songs, so how can you blame her? Still the queen!) but everything else was flawless! I'm still upset they didn't release an official "Make Me, Me, Myself, and I" remix like they said they were going to. :crying1:

• Like 2