Britney Spears In Talks To Make Broadway Musical

https://www.forbes.com/sites/marchershberg/2017/05/01/britney-spears-in-talks-to-make-broadway-musical/#6f1af49e71fa

960x0.jpg?fit=scale

Britney Spears performs at the Tokyo Dome on April 25, 2002. (AP Photo/Itsuo Inouye)

Britney might be coming to Broadway.

As the “Princess of Pop” prepares to close her popular residency show in Las Vegas, her managers, Larry Rudolph and Adam Leber, have started to explore bringing her chart-topping songs to Broadway.  They met with theatre veteran Jerry Mitchell to discuss turning her music catalog into a full-fledged theatrical production.

As the director of On Your Feet!, Mitchell helped Gloria and Emilio Estefan translate their uplifting life story to the stage. “We’re telling a true story about real people, so the authenticity is really important to me,” he stressed in an interview before the show arrived on Broadway.

However, Mitchell does not plan to use the same recipe when making a jukebox musical with Spears. “It would NOT be autobiographical,” he confirmed. Instead, all of her famous songs would be used to tie together a fictional narrative, like Mamma Mia!.

• Like 1

People can freak out and say that oh my god it sounds like she's trying to retire but I actually think she's trying to flip the script on what it means to do something like this. Remember she did the Vegas show and everybody thought that's what people do when they're getting ready to retire and she actually ended up putting up another album afterwards and revitalizin the Vegas residency scene. She might just want to break new ground and let everyone know how significant her discography is by throwing it up on the Broadway stage, and this could lead the way for others in like her to do the same. She can also use this as a semi-stopping and revamping moment. I don't think it's a bad thing at all, especially if she has a hand in creating the storyline. It's an expansion of her brand.

• Like 3

People can freak out and say that oh my god it sounds like she's trying to retire but I actually think she's trying to flip the script on what it means to do something like this. Remember she did the Vegas show and everybody thought that's what people do when they're getting ready to retire and she actually ended up putting up another album afterwards and revitalizin the Vegas residency scene. She might just want to break new ground and let everyone know how significant her discography is by throwing it up on the Broadway stage, and this could lead the way for others in like her to do the same. She can also use this as a semi-stopping and revamping moment. I don't think it's a bad thing at all, especially if she has a hand in creating the storyline. It's an expansion of her brand.

This

This

7 hours ago, btmyhbrit99 said:

I'm here for it because it probably means she will stop promoting her old hits, Broadway will promote them for her. :yaknow:  And if she chooses to continue her career it will be promoting new music which is REALLY a what she should be doing :tbh: 

• Like 1