What makes no sense to me

HolySpearit

It's because people my age and younger think she's old and irrelevant now. 

Most of the B-Army are in their 20 and 30s where they grew up with Britney :mhm: 

now my generation never really did that, they are growing up with Miley, Ariana, Adele, Sia and somewhat Beyoncé (because she's an attention whore  and thinks she deserves the light 24/7) :tbh::tea2: 

Basically if you're past the age of 30 and have been in the industry since late 90s, early 2000's you're old and dead to the younger audience, which is sad because their favorite artists wouldn't exist without those artists from the 2000's :crying1: 

This is just how I'm seeing it. Her last successful album was Flawless Fatale. Based on charts in the year of 2011 and it was her last album to go #1. Everyone loved it because it was pure dance and awesome production HIAM, IWG, TTWE, and even somewhat Criminal took over the charts and the GP loved it. Plus she wasn't really up against anyone too popular yet :tbh: It was also the last time she promoted a lot even tho she wasn't really there for it! 

If she still loves making music then she should do it, cuz I'm gonna still buy it anyways :crying5: 

• Like 6

12 hours ago, HolySpearit said:

:disagreewitchu: sounds like a lot of assumptions/speculation to me.. the last two albums reflect nothing but the fact that they don't know what they're doing with her brand and the gp doesn't care as much as we do. i feel like she's too much of a perfectionist to be trying to "run through her contract" and I think that she thinks things are gonna be hits until they're not so then she tries something else. she totally got it right with Glory but they needed to stick with it to rebuild her brand :yaknow: 

Feel how you want to but I don't think they're that inept. They are professionals in their fields. Clearly there's been a change in direction for her for whatever reason and they're not investing as much money in the promo for her. At this point it's best to just accept this and move on. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Aleks said:

Out of curiosity, do you have any sources for it? I've been trying to find updated/recent numbers about Glory, but I can't find anything trustworthy. (Just a question, no attack or shit)

I just know Glory sold around 104K albums upon its release, which is bad compared to her previous records, but rather good compared to other artists' numbers.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Aleks said:

Out of curiosity, do you have any sources for it? I've been trying to find updated/recent numbers about Glory, but I can't find anything trustworthy. (Just a question, no attack or shit)

Still looking for to date for Glory, but found this interesting link: http://chartmasters.org/2016/08/cspc-britney-spears-popularity-analysis/20/

• Like 2

4 hours ago, btmyhbrit99 said:

Feel how you want to but I don't think they're that inept. They are professionals in their fields. Clearly there's been a change in direction for her for whatever reason and they're not investing as much money in the promo for her. At this point it's best to just accept this and move on. 

Are you serious? :frenchy:rihcackle.gif.77aea22dea82c0a984dfacc1c5721d51.gifeeek.gif.7b764678aa9db108767a596bf067a6df.gifangieeyes.gif.3761f0c9d87c24b2b409ab4d3be6178f.gifbritTCA.gif.effcd7e6fe2725fc5c56e0013c60b510.gif

• Like 2

9 hours ago, btmyhbrit99 said:

there are tons of marketing flops made all the time by people who are professionals in their field because they think they understand the demographics of some product or in this case artist, that they don't. :frenchy: this is what I think is happening with her marketing team.  or maybe they are doing what would work for some other artist but doesn't work for Britney. :ashley: either way, I still think that not finishing the Glory era is only gonna hurt her chances of having a successful next album which is what THEY want regardless of what Britney wants. :yaknow: 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, HolySpearit said:

there are tons of marketing flops made all the time by people who are professionals in their field because they think they understand the demographics of some product or in this case artist, that they don't. :frenchy: this is what I think is happening with her marketing team.  or maybe they are doing what would work for some other artist but doesn't work for Britney. :ashley: either way, I still think that not finishing the Glory era is only gonna hurt her chances of having a successful next album which is what THEY want regardless of what Britney wants. :yaknow: 

Tbh- I think I can create so much better promo plan than whole Team B/RCA :zoomzoom:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sairaannopee99 said:

giphy (46).gif

Release selected songs in selected regions + music videos. Release 5 singles, world tour during second/third single. Pre-record new vocals for tour, lots of interviews about Glory, release document about all recorded tracks [like what released Anastacia for her 2004 album]. Release deluxe box with CD+DVD/BD with visual tracks + as bonus live performances without audience and just with backup vocalists & musicians!

18 hours ago, HolySpearit said:

I didn't say I agreed with their choices but there's no point being upset about things that you can't change and they are obviously working under some kind of plan they came up with because they get paid to figure out her direction. Whatever is going on is obviously not fantastic there's always something going wrong, it's been that way since the blackout album it is what is. 

• Like 1

On 4/25/2017 at 4:22 AM, HolySpearit said:

Something needs to happen cause I'm this close to unstanning IMG_0444.GIF.634c64e39f6782925731c9bd79d3fe29.GIF

Same..

guys. Britney is done. She is happy being the icon that she is. She doesn't care to have #1's anymore because it takes too much work. She doesn't want to work that hard, she wants to spend time with her kids. Sad truth but this fan base is in denial that this point. 

• Like 3

On 25/4/2017 at 8:19 AM, heather said:

I swear to God if it's not 1 million+ in sales and a number one in every country album Britney fans think it's not successful. Sure her numbers have gone down but that's what happens when you've been selling records for 20 years. Glory was successful, Britney is still a very successful artist. She might not be as relevant as she was or as other pop girls are but she's still very much in demand. Where there's a Britney Spears there will always be people who want and root for her. Stop worrying about numbers and the charts and enjoy it, Britney is.

SO FUCKING THIS! I'm fucking fed up of ppl complaining bout numbers, sales and shit. @HolySpearit , if you're unstanning, betta do it now. And if you do, then you never were a Britney fan really :entertainme: Stop typing crap, please. This goes not to you only. It's okay, have your opinion but when it's in a destructive way, at least imo, it's not acceptable for me. And I'mma put ya in your place any time, whoever it is. Ya'll need to chill your vaginas a little and have a little more faith in Britney. I don't think her team is ALL to blame, I think Britney reads these kind of things like the OP and she goes thinking "are these my so called fans? Wow" :frenchy: I'm so sure of this... She has proved it some times, especially on instagram when she was sick to attend a Billboard award show... and when we all thought she was going to perform at the desert... I was like "who confirmed that? NO ONE" and they were all complaining... And that interview where she said that "when I was doing '...Baby One More Time', ya'll were complaining too!". This is my point: Britney still does music, and she could've retired SO many times, but she still has faith for making more music. If we continue to behave like this, she'll get tired and give zero fucks about everything and that's what we will get sooner or later. Because she's clearly exhausted about this crap, she's stated it in so many ocassions that I don't have the fingers to count them all. In my case, I will ALWAYS love Britney no matter what. I compromised myself to doing so and I love "Glory". Fuck ya'll who say it's all autotuned, she's experienced more with her vocals as she hasn't done for AGES. And yes, promotion was very little. WHO CARES! After all she's been through and ya'll keep complaining. I can't, I really can't... This is the type of stuff that disappoints me of my fellow Britney family tbh... :(

• Like 3

It was the first album with them so they paid for promo and failed.

the recording process is not as pricey unless you pay 500k per song from big producers

she can record 50 more albums they're just not going to be hyped/promoted unless theres a real world tour

truth be told shes promoting in all the wrong places... Nobody watched VMAs or talk shows and her celebrity ranking on instagram is humiliating, 95% of people i asked didnt know Glory nor BJ even existed so...

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Light Yagami said:

It was the first album with them so they paid for promo and failed.

the recording process is not as pricey unless you pay 500k per song from big producers

she can record 50 more albums they're just not going to be hyped/promoted unless theres a real world tour

truth be told shes promoting in all the wrong places... Nobody watched VMAs or talk shows and her celebrity ranking on instagram is humiliating, 95% of people i asked didnt know Glory nor BJ even existed so...

Tbh af!

1 hour ago, MagicalFlare said:

SO FUCKING THIS! I'm fucking fed up of ppl complaining bout numbers, sales and shit. @HolySpearit , if you're unstanning, betta do it now. And if you do, then you never were a Britney fan really :entertainme: Stop typing crap, please. This goes not to you only. It's okay, have your opinion but when it's in a destructive way, at least imo, it's not acceptable for me. And I'mma put ya in your place any time, whoever it is. Ya'll need to chill your vaginas a little and have a little more faith in Britney. I don't think her team is ALL to blame, I think Britney reads these kind of things like the OP and she goes thinking "are these my so called fans? Wow" :frenchy: I'm so sure of this... She has proved it some times, especially on instagram when she was sick to attend a Billboard award show... and when we all thought she was going to perform at the desert... I was like "who confirmed that? NO ONE" and they were all complaining... And that interview where she said that "when I was doing '...Baby One More Time', ya'll were complaining too!". This is my point: Britney still does music, and she could've retired SO many times, but she still has faith for making more music. If we continue to behave like this, she'll get tired and give zero fucks about everything and that's what we will get sooner or later. Because she's clearly exhausted about this crap, she's stated it in so many ocassions that I don't have the fingers to count them all. In my case, I will ALWAYS love Britney no matter what. I compromised myself to doing so and I love "Glory". Fuck ya'll who say it's all autotuned, she's experienced more with her vocals as she hasn't done for AGES. And yes, promotion was very little. WHO CARES! After all she's been through and ya'll keep complaining. I can't, I really can't... This is the type of stuff that disappoints me of my fellow Britney family tbh... :(

tumblr_o236nmw5cQ1ql5yr7o2_500.gif 

:shook: :sunglasses:

• 2 weeks later...