What makes no sense to me

HolySpearit

What makes no sense to me is how Britney can be recording another album :ashley: I mean, if Glory hasn't been successful enough for her label to invest more money to continue the era, then what makes them think that B10 is gonna be any different? :waitWAT:  Die-hard B Armies will always be here for new music from her, but it's clear at this point that our undying support means nothing to her team if it doesn't translate to profits (obviously) but if anything Britney should invest her own money into finishing the Glory era because after all of our patience and hype we gave to Glory, this is heartbreaking. :( 

• Like 8

49 minutes ago, HolySpearit said:

What makes no sense to me is how Britney can be recording another album :ashley: I mean, if Glory hasn't been successful enough for her label to invest more money to continue the era, then what makes them think that B10 is gonna be any different? :waitWAT:  

Because RCA just let Britney record her album by herself and they don't care about sales and singles. But B10 will be again some basic album what will be just for money (like Circus) and autotuned af :ugohome:

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, HolySpearit said:

Die-hard B Armies will always be here for new music from her, but it's clear at this point that our undying support means nothing to her team if it doesn't translate to profits (obviously) but if anything Britney should invest her own money into finishing the Glory era because after all of our patience and hype we gave to Glory, this is heartbreaking. :( 

This! Or we can donate her with money for video single if they are so cheap:britshade:

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, ☆☆☆FlopneyJoan☆☆☆ said:

Because RCA just let Britney record her album by herself and they don't care about sales and singles. But B10 will be again some basic album what will be just for money (like Circus) and autotuned af :ugohome:

What do you mean they let her record Glory by herself? Do you mean that she was an executive producer on it? Because she negotiated that into her new contract with them  :disagreewitchu: My guess is that it would apply for any future albums 

12 minutes ago, ☆☆☆FlopneyJoan☆☆☆ said:

This! Or we can donate her with money for video single if they are so cheap:britshade:

lol I wouldn't even mind that in the one condition that she basically let us direct the music video. Like have a contest or universe focus group for the video's concept :shook:

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, HolySpearit said:

What do you mean they let her record Glory by herself? Do you mean that she was an executive producer on it? Because she negotiated that into her new contract with them  :disagreewitchu: My guess is that it would apply for any future albums 

Its just what we can call as real Britney Jean album with her almost raw vocals - her weekend.

But the next album will be just....work....for money.

It's no secret that she is getting less and less relevant. Just look at the numbers. I don't think there's much profit in her new(est) albums. I'm kinda afraid that she's turning into Madonna. Britney Jean sold incredibly bad. I didn't find any credible numbers for Glory, but it doesn't look good. Femme Fatale sold fairly good when you think about how popular torrent-sites were at that point. But it's been down the hill the past years.

In my professional opinion they need to do major work on the brand Britney Spears. They need to find new methods to make Britney Spears a relevant brand again.

But there's no doubt; Britney will always be the pop icon. Her music will always sell to her diehard fans. And she will always have different opportunities.

----

No shade intended, it's just facts. Don't kill me :soawkward:

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Aleks said:

It's no secret that she is getting less and less relevant. Just look at the numbers. I don't think there's much profit in her new(est) albums. I'm kinda afraid that she's turning into Madonna. Britney Jean sold incredibly bad. I didn't find any credible numbers for Glory, but it doesn't look good. Femme Fatale sold fairly good when you think about how popular torrent-sites were at that point. But it's been down the hill the past years.

In my professional opinion they need to do major work on the brand Britney Spears. They need to find new methods to make Britney Spears a relevant brand again.

But there's no doubt; Britney will always be the pop icon. Her music will always sell to her diehard fans. And she will always have different opportunities.

----

No shade intended, it's just facts. Don't kill me :soawkward:

I see no lies bb, and I especially agree with the brand part, as a marketing student I can totally see that :tbh: 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HolySpearit said:

I see no lies bb, and I especially agree with the brand part, as a marketing student I can totally see that :tbh: 

That's cool! Good luck with your studies! :yesplz: I'm working on my master now (in market communication and brand development). Lord have mercy on my soul :orangu:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Aleks said:

That's cool! Good luck with your studies! :yesplz: I'm working on my master now (in market communication and brand development). Lord have mercy on my soul :orangu:

yas slay :clap: marketing is really interesting but theres too much hard math involved :crying2: i have to take a class called quantitative business analysis next semester and then i graduate :crying1: did you take that class for your undergrad? anywhoo i wish i was in advertising or communications or public relations instead :ashley: 

• Like 1

She's recording 10 because she's coming up on the 20th anniversary of BOMT it feels like she has to release something. Also she might be trying to run through her re-upped contract so she can move on to another label or rework her deal. Yes she's fading in top of the charts domination because she doesn't care about that. The label knows that too which is probably why they don't invest in her promo. It's been pretty evident since FF she's no longer comfortable being top of mind and the last two albums release cycles reflect that. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, btmyhbrit99 said:

She's recording 10 because she's coming up on the 20th anniversary of BOMT it feels like she has to release something. Also she might be trying to run through her re-upped contract so she can move on to another label or rework her deal. Yes she's fading in top of the charts domination because she doesn't care about that. The label knows that too which is probably why they don't invest in her promo. It's been pretty evident since FF she's no longer comfortable being top of mind and the last two albums release cycles reflect that. 

:disagreewitchu: sounds like a lot of assumptions/speculation to me.. the last two albums reflect nothing but the fact that they don't know what they're doing with her brand and the gp doesn't care as much as we do. i feel like she's too much of a perfectionist to be trying to "run through her contract" and I think that she thinks things are gonna be hits until they're not so then she tries something else. she totally got it right with Glory but they needed to stick with it to rebuild her brand :yaknow: 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, HolySpearit said:

yas slay :clap: marketing is really interesting but theres too much hard math involved :crying2: i have to take a class called quantitative business analysis next semester and then i graduate :crying1: did you take that class for your undegrad? anywhoo i wish i was in advertising or communications or public relations instead :ashley: 

I googled it, and I'm 99% sure I did. There's different names in Norwegian :thinkingpinky: But all the math.. dear lord, thank you for calculators :Icant: Maybe we should discuss school in PM, so we won't spam down with geek stuff? :ummlol:

1 hour ago, btmyhbrit99 said:

Probably some 5 new tracks and the rest will be just about million times recycled and released "hit's" trash.gif.5b0a2e386fc4a1b8680504041368855f.gif

Who says Glory wasn't profitable? Just because it didn't sell as much as other current pop acts, it doesn't mean it wasn't profitable for RCA. I don't see many singers or groups selling as much as Glory did, and they keep releasing albums and supporting them with music videos. Glory did relatively well worldwide, plus Britney is a catalog artist, she's always making them money from her previous records and songs.

Besides, her residency is a huge money maker and I'm sure RCA takes its part. For example, Madonna pulls the biggest numbers in tour tickets, which makes her one of the most profitable artists nowadays. And even though her music is not popular anymore and her singles are somehow irrelevant to the GP, she still sells records.

Album profits don't always mean sales. Of course the main goal is to sell, but it could be aimed at other things such as supporting a tour (the real money maker), keeping the artist "out there", or landing some side-jobs that would get them money (TV appearances, advertising, collabs...)

• Like 6

I swear to God if it's not 1 million+ in sales and a number one in every country album Britney fans think it's not successful. Sure her numbers have gone down but that's what happens when you've been selling records for 20 years. Glory was successful, Britney is still a very successful artist. She might not be as relevant as she was or as other pop girls are but she's still very much in demand. Where there's a Britney Spears there will always be people who want and root for her. Stop worrying about numbers and the charts and enjoy it, Britney is.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, heather said:

I swear to God if it's not 1 million+ in sales and a number one in every country album Britney fans think it's not successful. Sure her numbers have gone down but that's what happens when you've been selling records for 20 years. Glory was successful, Britney is still a very successful artist. She might not be as relevant as she was or as other pop girls are but she's still very much in demand. Where there's a Britney Spears there will always be people who want and root for her. Stop worrying about numbers and the charts and enjoy it, Britney is.

This.

Tbh I don't even wish Britney becomes mainstream again in the GP. Because:

1. She herself doesn't seem to want it anymore, she's got us to keep her in the business, and

2. All those annoying normies would be everywhere calling themselves "fans" when they don't even have their own taste in music, they just listen to what's popular and try to blend in the flow...

17 minutes ago, sairaannopee99 said:

This.

Tbh I don't even wish Britney becomes mainstream again in the GP. Because:

1. She herself doesn't seem to want it anymore, she's got us to keep her in the business, and

2. All those annoying normies would be everywhere calling themselves "fans" when they don't even have their own taste in music, they just listen to what's popular and try to blend in the flow...

Yup. I've said many times that if Britney wanted to be the top girl she would be. She's done it before she and her team know what it takes to get there. Clearly Britney doesn't want it, and I'm fine with that. Britney's happiness is more important to me than where she places on a chart or how much her album sells.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HolySpearit said:

:disagreewitchu: sounds like a lot of assumptions/speculation to me.. the last two albums reflect nothing but the fact that they don't know what they're doing with her brand and the gp doesn't care as much as we do. i feel like she's too much of a perfectionist to be trying to "run through her contract" and I think that she thinks things are gonna be hits until they're not so then she tries something else. she totally got it right with Glory but they needed to stick with it to rebuild her brand :yaknow: 

Isn't that this whole thread and every one like it? :disagreewitchu:

14 minutes ago, heather said:

Yup. I've said many times that if Britney wanted to be the top girl she would be. She's done it before she and her team know what it takes to get there. Clearly Britney doesn't want it, and I'm fine with that. Britney's happiness is more important to me than where she places on a chart or how much her album sells.

Yeah, imo an artist's success shouldn't be measured in chart positions or sale numbers. It should be measured in how much the fans are willing to support keeping the artist making new music and performing. Britney is a perfect example of an artist successful in this way. The B Army has managed to keep Britney in the industry for long after she hasn't been mainstream and on top of the charts anymore. That is true success. Having real fans that alone can keep you in the industry and always support you in both your ups and downs!

2 hours ago, edurance said:

Who says Glory wasn't profitable? Just because it didn't sell as much as other current pop acts, it doesn't mean it wasn't profitable for RCA. I don't see many singers or groups selling as much as Glory did, and they keep releasing albums and supporting them with music videos. Glory did relatively well worldwide, plus Britney is a catalog artist, she's always making them money from her previous records and songs.

Out of curiosity, do you have any sources for it? I've been trying to find updated/recent numbers about Glory, but I can't find anything trustworthy. (Just a question, no attack or shit)