Is the Joanne era dead now?

JoshLee

I'm just curious because Lady Gaga released "The Cure" (and it's amazing as F**********CCCCCCKKKKKKK) :crying1: 

But it wasn't on Joanne, and even tho I like Joanne (I prefer this sound) :tbh: 

But is the Joanne era dead now? Usually when artists release a new single without it being on the previous album, that means the previous era died :orlynow: 

Is Joanne gonna have a re-release with new songs? :orlynow: I dont know why, but this question has been bugging me all day and I can't find any answers!!!

Was it ever alive...? The album had a strong debut and then disappeared. Not even the Superbowl helped her. It's a shame 'cause it's probably her best and more cohesive album so far.

The new track is awful tho. Might as well be feat. the Chainsmokers because it sounds identical to them. She's clearly desperate for a big radio hit.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JoshLee said:

I'm just curious because Lady Gaga released "The Cure" (and it's amazing as F**********CCCCCCKKKKKKK) :crying1: 

But it wasn't on Joanne, and even tho I like Joanne (I prefer this sound) :tbh: 

But is the Joanne era dead now? Usually when artists release a new single without it being on the previous album, that means the previous era died :orlynow: 

Is Joanne gonna have a re-release with new songs? :orlynow: I dont know why, but this question has been bugging me all day and I can't find any answers!!!

mariah-carey-i-dont-know-her-02.gif.cca6bae873b8b126d423bd587123eecc.gif tbh

I really don't like that song, The Cure. It sounds generic af - it's a straight JB copycat.

That being said, I am a Gaga fan. She was the last pop superstar that I really got into and it's sad that the value of her output has dropped off so much. I'm glad she's dropped the theatrics (they really got to be a bit much and seemed unnecessary - she's so talented!), but this latest song is a sorry effort. Someone mentioned she's clearly chasing a big, generic radio hit and I'm inclined to agree. She's fucking legendary, she doesn't need to do that. Didn't like Joanne, don't like The Cure.