Are you guys aware of the POM costume controversy?

Brian.TheDog

For some reason i thought i'd see it here. A fan went backstage at POM and saw the costumes being made

http://www.britneyspears.com.br/forum/topic/35540-relato-pom-backstage-tour-meet/

Someone translated it so here

BACKSTAGE

Britney’s team check people by their names and tell us to remove all items and store them in a locker because photographs aren’t allowed. Felicia is full of light and love. The backstage tour was amazing. Felicia first introduced us to the band and then took us to the stage. She showed us every prop of the stage and said her favorite was the ‘Everytime’ wings. She explained what every person there was responsible for and told us only one person was responsible for pushing the tree to the stage.

COSTUMES

This part made me really angry and many of you are right to complain. As we got there, we saw Dakota (dancer) checking his costumes. Soon after we went to the room where the costumes are made.

They started talking about Marco Marco and how he was originally responsible for every costume. Felicia even let us take a closer look at BOMT’s leotard. Fortunately, Marco Marco no longer works with them and now comes the worst part...

tumblr_odath7i3rn1swazh0o1_250.png

As Felicia showed us the costumes, a Planet Hollywood seamstress criticized some of them like the yellow one from the Neon Section. The seamstress made a lot of jokes, saying it was a mess and that Britney liked it. The only good costume they all liked was the MATM college girl costume. She even pointed out that Britney destroyed this costume by trimming everything.

tumblr_onfs7bW0w31swazh0o4_r1_250.gif tumblr_onfs7bW0w31swazh0o9_r1_250.gif tumblr_onpccgYq5j1r8udtyo2_250.png

Another seamstress was working on Toxic’s new leotard HOURS BEFORE THE SHOW, while the main seamstress was finishing up a new yellow bra and panties. As she worked on the costume, the seamstress made sure to point out the costumes were not good and that now they’d have two yellow costumes on the show.

tumblr_ofifibjS7e1swazh0o1_250.gif

Another thing that annoyed me was how the costumes were made and handed out to Britney. She’s fucking Britney Spears, and instead of hiring a fashion designer to make her unique costumes, the seamstress simply buys fabric at a regular store and makes new costumes the same day of the show, hence why there’s occasional wardrobe malfunctions. One of the MATM costumes that went through a wardrobe malfunction was originally for a photoshoot, but Britney went out of her way to wear it on the show on the same day. Felicia even joked that the costume belonged to Gwen Stefani.

They made it very clear that when Britney wants something, she wants it ON THE SAME DAY. After that, we walked to the stage again. Felicia told us to touch the MATM walls to give Britney luck. Then we went to the Meet & Greet.

Oh, I just remembered something else that made me really angry too.

tumblr_onpccgYq5j1r8udtyo1_250.png

You know Circus’ jacket? Britney asked the seamstress for a new ringleader suit. The seamstress made a small jacket, but Britney didn’t like it as she felt it was too short. The seamstress’s solution? She returned to the store, bought the same jacket and sewed it underneath the original jacket inside out. That is, the Circus jacket is not even a real costume. It is actually two jackets sewn one on top of the other with some stones glued over it.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Brian.TheDog said:

For some reason i thought i'd see it here. A fan went backstage at POM and saw the costumes being made

http://www.britneyspears.com.br/forum/topic/35540-relato-pom-backstage-tour-meet/

Someone translated it so here

Read it in my language and I must admit that is it disgusting how cheap is this show!!!

- No live vocals :flop:

( =some vocals are 15-20yrs old! :orangu:)

- No exclusive expensive costumes :flop:

- managment sucks :flop:

- they are still using the same things on the stage :flop:

- over 3 years and still it's not gone :orangu:

• Like 2

Yeah, I read it some days ago and I have to say that the situation is kinda tragic. At this point I'm not going to complain about Vegas, it's fine if she wants to stay there as long as she keeps having projects outside, but the fact that it is so cheap and basic is unaceptable! Like, I don't wanna get all negative and stuff but if you're a global popstar with a Vegas residency the least you could do is to get a proper designer to make good costumes, I don't know why it is so hard for them to understand. They really need to stop being so cheap and invest more in a show that's giving them all that money.

That's it, there goes my meltdown, sorry about that :snapney:

• Like 3

To be honest, I don't get how she's still able to do the show :zoomzoom: How can she still earn money on that show? :zoomzoom:

8 hours ago, ☆☆☆FlopneyJoan☆☆☆ said:

Read it in my language and I must admit that is it disgusting how cheap is this show!!!

- No live vocals :flop:

( =some vocals are 15-20yrs old! :orangu:)

- No exclusive expensive costumes :flop:

- managment sucks :flop:

- they are still using the same things on the stage :flop:

- over 3 years and still it's not gone :orangu:

And some of the stuff are from other tours a decade ago, it's like.. why :wyd:

• Like 3

It is a bit of a shit show in general, Britneys fault, managements fault? Who knows. Costumes are unacceptable for where its set in and for the scale of the performer, the dancing and let's be brutally honest is not worth what the tickets, accommodation cost plus on top of that it isn't live vocals which we all know and not bothered about but more effort should be put into it, but then begs the question...

DOES SHE CARE? PROBABLY NOT. XO XO

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Aleks said:

To be honest, I don't get how she's still able to do the show :zoomzoom: How can she still earn money on that show? :zoomzoom:

And some of the stuff are from other tours a decade ago, it's like.. why :wyd:

For example I remember how she used triangle in Circus tour and then in one POM song (3?) and later again with other song :orangu:

Everyone wants to blame Britney's management for being cheap when it clearly states these are the costumes that BRITNEY wants. Are they ugly, cheap, tacky? Yes. Does she deserve better? Yes. But these are what she wants, likes and puts her opinions on. No fashion designer is going to matter when Britney has the say at the end. And as ugly as I find every leotard, I like these costumes better than Marco Marcos designs, and even more so knowing it's what BRITNEY wanted.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, heather said:

Everyone wants to blame Britney's management for being cheap when it clearly states these are the costumes that BRITNEY wants. Are they ugly, cheap, tacky? Yes. Does she deserve better? Yes. But these are what she wants, likes and puts her opinions on. No fashion designer is going to matter when Britney has the say at the end. And as ugly as I find every leotard, I like these costumes better than Marco Marcos designs, and even more so knowing it's what BRITNEY wanted.

I'm so glad Marco Marco is gone. His designs were just straight up terrible. I actually don't think her having the cheap costumes is that terrible of an idea. It saves money, clearly, she likes them for those nights she's performing, and honestly - it's not like it's affecting ticket sales lol. Now if she ever did a TRUE world tour, I'd hope she'd get a real costume designer, but for Vegas I think that cheap shit is fine. As she's noted in one of her interviews, most of the crowd is drunk af anyway.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, MakeMySugarFall said:

I'm so glad Marco Marco is gone. His designs were just straight up terrible. I actually don't think her having the cheap costumes is that terrible of an idea. It saves money, clearly, she likes them for those nights she's performing, and honestly - it's not like it's affecting ticket sales lol. Now if she ever did a TRUE world tour, I'd hope she'd get a real costume designer, but for Vegas I think that cheap shit is fine. As she's noted in one of her interviews, most of the crowd is drunk af anyway.

I completely agree! We all know Britney's taste is tacky and cheap, it's part of why we love her so much. Femme Fatale didn't have the best costumes either, and the one that fans hated the most (jean shorts and a bra) was one of Britney's favorites so :yakno: I hate seeing the leotards because I think they look awful on her, especially now that she's so much leaner, and I feel they (along with those awful heels/boots) restrict her dancing. But Britney clearly likes them so no amount of bitching from us is going to change that. It's her show, she can do what she pleases. I can't at people saying she doesn't care about it, she clearly does or she wouldn't be designing the costumes at all. Just because it's not our taste doesn't mean Britney also doesn't like it, you know?

• Like 2