Britney’s 2003 ‘Instant Dejavu’ song leaks in full: listen

News

Though we are still enjoying Britney’s “Glory” album, we are craving new music – and today we got it, kinda. Internet was hit by demo for “Instant Dejavu”, a song recorded during session in 2003, for “In The Zone” album.

Instant Dejavu” was produced by Rick Nowels. If you don’t know the name, you sure know his works: “Summertime Sadness” i “Young & Beautiful” by Lana Del Rey and Madonna’s “The Power Of Goodbye” were produced by him.

We got a glimpse of this song last year but now you can listen to it in full, below.

View the full article

48 minutes ago, GlenCoco said:

i don't think this is a in the zone demo her vocals sound more Britneyish - oopssish 

It's very early In The Zone, it was back when she was working with Josh & Brian ("Brave New Girl", "Don't Hang Up"), Jimmy Harry ("Touch of My Hand", unreleased songs "Strip" & "Stay") & Guy Chambers ("Strangest Love"). ITZ didn't really start to take shape until Redzone got on the record, but she worked with several different producers trying out several new sounds and just kept whatever she liked the most. She said herself she recorded over 30 songs for the album and that includes tracks with B&A, William Orbit, and the producers listed earlier and a few others I'm sure we don't even know about. I'm glad we got the opportunity to hear this, hopefully we get more In The Zone era leaks soon! 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, gimmework said:

1. I LOVE IT! I'm a sucker for anything disco regardless, but disco+Britney is gay heaven.

2. Maybe I'm just hearing things but does it sound like it a little bit samples Celebration?

I hear more of "Holiday" by Madonna, "Love at First Sight" by Kylie and some other songs instead of "Celebration" tho :P

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MagicalFlare said:

I hear more of "Holiday" by Madonna, "Love at First Sight" by Kylie and some other songs instead of "Celebration" tho :P

Yes I get what you're saying it does remind me of those too.. but I think it straight up actually uses a sample from Celebration.. listen to deja at 0:17-0:23 mark and then Celebration at the 0:30-0:40 mark.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, gimmework said:

Yes I get what you're saying it does remind me of those too.. but I think it straight up actually uses a sample from Celebration.. listen to deja at 0:17-0:23 mark and then Celebration at the 0:30-0:40 mark.

You're right! Haha i didn't notice it :o Sounds alike, maybe her or producers felt inspired by that disco classic that's Celebration :) I think the song sounds cool anyways, it would've certainly be a hit if it were finished in a proper way, but i like it!! :D Most inedit songs by Britney are awesome, and some are even cooler than the ones that got out, because she that flawless :crying5:<3

• Like 1

Just now, Turn Ya Head said:

I know about the BJ and Glory stems :ashley:
There is also Gasoline and Selfish going around, also WSIBS is going around :selenerz:
I just didn't know about MATM :gloria:

Apparently it doesn't have Madonna's vocals. It's the demo of JUST Britney.

So it's like, the demo stems to MATM. The official demo. The one she performed solo, live, like once. (No videos, just some LQ audio.)