Do you think Ariana is at Britney's Level?

T!M

Idk I just think Ariana is in her prime right now, the girl is everywhere. She's the IT girl and probably the most popular young popstar. Do you think she's reached Britney's level where Britney was at that age? I wasn't a Britney fan until Circus so I wasn't really a fan during her prime time. 

Oh sweetie .. and don't take this as me being biased, this is just based on experience. Ariana is nowhere near Britney's level as in her prime & I honestly don't get the same mutual feeling of her being the "it girl" ... Lets put it this way, the level that Britney was on was what Beyoncé is today if not bigger. Britney was soooo big that Beyoncé was her opening act & even narrated for her lets just put it that way. The way ppl are all over Beyoncés ass today is the way they were with Britney. So no she's definitely not on Britney's level. I honestly cringe saying this but the "it girl" would be Taylor Swift ?

• Like 1

In Ariana's head she is bigger than Britney.   Reality, not many care about the donut licker.

Ari sings about side to side and most could not care.   Britney wore a catsuit and the world went crazy.

Everyone knew who Britney was in her prime.   She had a lot of fans who were outside of her age group like the older woman in the Pepsi commercial.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BlackoutEgo said:

Oh sweetie .. and don't take this as me being biased, this is just based on experience. Ariana is nowhere near Britney's level as in her prime & I honestly don't get the same mutual feeling of her being the "it girl" ... Lets put it this way, the level that Britney was on was what Beyoncé is today if not bigger. Britney was soooo big that Beyoncé was her opening act & even narrated for her lets just put it that way. The way ppl are all over Beyoncés ass today is the way they were with Britney. So no she's definitely not on Britney's level. I honestly cringe saying this but the "it girl" would be Taylor Swift ?

That's up in the air now tbh. 

I don't really think so... not even close. I don't know in the US but here in Italy many people do not even know who she is. Everybody knew Britney during her prime, even older people of other generations. I don't see that with Ariana. However, I think she is the skills to be  of the greatest pop stars of the new generations.

• Like 2

Shes one of the 10 biggest names in music but shes not a headline maker... Aside from 'side to side' none of her hits are eternal #1s...

its extremely rare to reach that kind of level of fame... The only ones to ever do it are Britney and Taylor

the rest fade after 5 years...

im still surprised she made it this big out of 'victorious' so thats pretty good for her

Not even close.  Do you know how massive songs like "...Baby one more time" and "Oops!...I did it again" were?  The world went crazy when Britney took the stage at an award show - didn't matter if they were a fan or not, everybody wanted to see what Britney would do, wear, say, dance - all eyes were on her for YEARS.  Britney's biggest hit songs remain pop classics whereas I can't even name a song from Ariana other than Side to Side - and that's only because I saw her perform it on the VMA's waiting for Britney.  Ariana's voice may be decent, but she's no Mariah Carey either - especially not 90's Mariah.  

So, no, to answer your question, she is not at Britney's level of fame, at all.  She has young fans but that isn't enough to be a global superstar - the world needs to be interested in you - not just a select group of teens and tween's.  

The only other pop stars that have had a taste of Britney's fame since Britney would be Lady GaGa (although short lived) and Taylor Swift.  I guess you could say Beyonce too.  

Omg NO

And I'm not saying this because I'm a fan. Britney was MASSIVE back in her prime. We are talking about music royalty level. In a century from now people will remember Elvis, Michael Jackson, Madonna, Celine Dion, Mariah Carey, Aretha Franklin, Elton John, Whitney Houston, Cher, Barbara Streisand and Britney Spears!

Do you really think they will remember Ariana Grande??? :lmaolol:

Ariana Grande is a major fixture on radio/streaming, and has done a great job of keeping that momentum going so far, but is nowhere near Britney's prime. It was Britney's world and we were all just living in it -- everything from her hair, body, music, and performances became a national debate.  

On 1/8/2017 at 1:31 PM, I_need_me said:

Nope, not at all. I mean, sure, she's really popular and she makes big hits, but she hasn't come close to Primeney's level, at least for now. She's doing amazing though, it's just that Primeney is on a whole another level :aintevenmad:

This truth right here. :slay: 

Wow hearing all this sounds so cool. I wish I had been a fan when she was huge. But I did see a lot of success and a lot of her fame when she came out with Circus, from the time I heard the hook of Circus on a commercial I was obsessed and have been ever since. When I was little my older sister was a big Britney fan so I did hear a lot about her I just didn't care lol

• Like 1