help with mega.nz download limit fix?

Britqueenfan56

Ok peeps.  It seems that mega.nz has a limit of 1TB download limit for leechers.  (LOL).  And it seems that I have been given a  membership into the club.  I am now getting a message that says I must pay a monthly fee in order to continue downloading from mega.nz or wait until they have more free bandwidth available.  Of course they do not say when that might be. 

My question/request it this:

If anyone has a paid acct. with mega.nz, how do you like it and were you worried about giving them your personal information? 

Or does anyone have or know about about any type of work around for the limit policy?   I have heard about MegaDownLoader 1.7 but not sure how safe it is.  Anyone know much about it?

I really enjoy the download speeds they have even with the free service. 

If anyone has any help for a poor (and I mean that in the financial aspect)  I would be greatly appreciative.  Thank you. 

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

uhhh :jackk:

Mega has free accounts with 50gb cloud storage :jackk:

I don't know about your terabyte issue, that sounds more like an issue with your internet service provider :jackk:

But Mega HAS recently started a time limit bandwidth cap but I don't know the exact specfics, I think it's more than 5gb  an hour or something :jackk:

I've never had an issue until lately :jackk:

Good alternatives include Google Drive. Sometimes MediaFire but sometimes content gets removed for copyright.

22 hours ago, HeadstrongWolf said:

uhhh :jackk:

Mega has free accounts with 50gb cloud storage :jackk:

I don't know about your terabyte issue, that sounds more like an issue with your internet service provider :jackk:

But Mega HAS recently started a time limit bandwidth cap but I don't know the exact specfics, I think it's more than 5gb  an hour or something :jackk:

I've never had an issue until lately :jackk:

Good alternatives include Google Drive. Sometimes MediaFire but sometimes content gets removed for copyright.

I truly do appreciate your input.  However:

The free 50GB account would not help me.  As i am talking about downloading, not uploading files.  And I am way past that at this point.  LOL. 

The issue is with mega not my internet provider.  The message was from mega not my provider.

At the time of the message That was my first attempt all day long, so I do not think the 5GB in an hour limit was an issue. 

That was the first time I have ever had an issue with downloading from mega.

As long as what I am trying to download has been uploaded to  Google Drive and or mediafire that is fine, but the issue I am trying to solve has to with downloading from mega.

Thanks again.

17 hours ago, Katya Zamalodchikova said:

If you're using Chrome, install the extension called ZenMate, that helped me download more than the limit of GB files than any VPN extension :hug: you would have to refresh the page you're downloading the Mega file from so it'll go alone with the extension

I use firefox so I don't think that extension will be of use.  But thanks.

I guess I may have to bite the bullet and download MegaDownloader 1.7 and see how that works. 

Thank you for replying to my concerns.