What are your top albums of 2016?

I_need_me

So, 2017 is just three weeks away and it's craaaaaazy, time is an illusion and it goes by really quickly, but yeah, it's time for a music review! At first I was going to make a top 5 but then I realised that it was impossible for me to select just 5 albums because I'm a fan of everyone and I listen to a GREAT amount of different people, so I ended up making a top 10, which was still kinda hard but at least I feel like it's a more accurate representation of my favourite releases from this year. By the way, the albums are not ranked or anything, I just posted them in a random order, except for the last one which is CLEARLY my number one :wink1:

Luna - Free Somebody

Spoiler

cover.jpg

Luna is a member of a girl group called f(x) (yes, just like that) and this year she got to release a solo EP that consists of 6 masterpieces. It's full of amazing edm songs with a very strong r&b influence and the thing that I love the most is that half of the album is very danceable, while the other half is more calm and ballad-like, but her voice really shines throughout the whole record. 

Stellar - Sting

Spoiler

stellar_1453158235_af_org.jpeg

Stellar is yet another girlband that has always been criminally underrated and hated because of their sexy concepts, but the truth is that they're really talented, their music is amazing and fuck the haters, they can be as sexual as they want to! This year they released their second EP thanks to a crowdfund and they pulled a great colection of songs with an incredibly visually appealing MV.

La Oreja De Van Gogh - Planeta Imaginario

Spoiler

portada.jpg

My favourite Spanish band released their first album in 5 years and it's just amazing! You don't need to understand Spanish to feel the nostalgic, poetic vibe which has become their signature  sound!

Monica Naranjo - Lubna 

Spoiler

monica_naranjo_lubna-portada.jpg

Yet another Spanish comeback, Monica Naranjo released her first album in 8 years and it's fucking huge. The whole concept behind the album is telling the story of a Goddess called Lubna, and it's full of really dark songs which mix simphonic elements like a full orchestra and a choir with rock elements, and of course her epic voice! Seriously, you need to listen to her to understand how legendary her voice is.

Ladies Code - MYST3RY/STRANG3R

Spoiler

album_-_proj_mystery.jpg

album_-_proj_stranger.jpg

I'm putting these two albums together instead of just choosing one because they're both just single albums of 3 songs, so together they're like a 6 songs EP. The three remaining members of Ladies Code returned to the music scene after the other two memebers passed away in a car accident in 2014 and wow, their new sound left me speechless. They used to release very bright, lively songs but this year they went for a much more acoustic/r&b vibe and the result is just amazing.

SHINee - 1 of 1

Spoiler

SHINee_1475781467_af_org.jpg

Just two word, 90's overload. This album is perfect for the nostalgic 90's kids and they really put out a great collection of songs with different genres and I don't know, they're one of my favourite groups because their music is always so original and so different, I have nothing else to say, I love them.

Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman

Spoiler

Ariana-Grande-Dangerous-Woman-Deluxe-201

As stan twitter would say, Ariana did that! I've always liked Ariana but with Dangerous Woman she just outdid everything she had previously released! I think that most people here know her so I don't have to say much, her voice is flawless and it shines in this record full of sexy pop songs and more jazzy, broadway-like tunes!

Susan Boyle - A Wonderful World

Spoiler

susan_boyle_a_wonderful_world-portada.jp

I know that this is a very odd pick considering that I love bubblegum, mainstream, generic pop (and I'm not ashamed to admit it) but sometimes I just feel like listening to something that will reach to my sould and just make me feel things, and I can always count on Susan's music to do that.

Lovelyz - A New Trilogy

Spoiler

lovelyz_1462222991_af_org.jpg

Yes, I know their name is EXTREMELY cheesy, but their songs are so special and so beautiful that I can't help but love them! They have a very bubblegum pop sound mixed with strings and I don't know, their songs are just really sweet and pleasant, I love them.

Britney Spears - Glory

Spoiler

5a5a0e_8573c12ee31743d390b37644c3316e93~

Did you really thought I wouldn't include Godney Jeansus in this list? Of course I had to! :ohrly: I'm not saying this because I stan for her, but Britney legitimately released the best pop record of the year, there is not a single bad song on this album! I won't extend much on this one because we all know it's freaking flawless.

So that was it, my top 10 albums of 2016! Please, post your personal top 5, top 10 or top whatever, let's all share what has been blessing our ears this year :yasqueen: 

1.) Glory - Britney Spears

2.) Death of a Bachelor - Panic at the Disco

3.) Dangerous Woman - Ariana Grande

4.) This is Acting - Sia

5.) Joanne - Lady Gaga

6.) Thank You - Meghan Trainor 

:mhm: 

Tried to listen and like Lemonade and Anti, but :nonono: they suck tbh only like 1-2 good songs per those albums :mhm: #SorryNotSorry

7 hours ago, Mrs Jared Leto said:

i only bought britneys glory this year.

Same here. I streamed everything else.

1. Glory - Britney Spears

2. This is Acting - Sia

3. 7/27 - Fifth Harmony

4. Lady Wood - Tove Lo

5. Nothing's Real - Shura

6. ANTI - Rihanna

7. Moth - Chairlift

8. Dangerous Woman - Ariana Grande

Notable EPs:

Emotion: Side B - Carly Rae Jepsen

Nightride - Tinashe
HAIZ - Hailee Steinfeld

A lot of my favourite releases this year have been EPs by small  Australian artists. Tbh I'm still listening to more 2015 stuff than anything released this year. I haven't been that impressed with 2016.

Britney - Glory

Twenty One Pilots - Blurryface Live

Zayn - Mind Of Mine

Ella Hooper - New Magic

Florence + The Machine -  Songs from Final Fantasy XV

Rihanna - ANTI 

MIA -  AIM

Shawn Mendes - Illuminate

Tanzer - Four Love Songs By Tanzer

Melody Pool - Deep Dark Savage Heart

7 hours ago, Slayber Party said:

Same here. I streamed everything else.

1. Glory - Britney Spears

2. This is Acting - Sia

3. 7/27 - Fifth Harmony

4. Lady Wood - Tove Lo

5. Nothing's Real - Shura

6. ANTI - Rihanna

7. Moth - Chairlift

8. Dangerous Woman - Ariana Grande

Notable EPs:

Emotion: Side B - Carly Rae Jepsen

Nightride - Tinashe
HAIZ - Hailee Steinfeld

i didnt even streamed or illegally downloaded another album (except house music compilations and the suicide squad ost, but you cant count them)

For me

1.   Glory 

To be completely honest, I had extreamly low expections after Britney Jean and Pretty Girls. Like a lot of others, I briefly thought Brit had lost her magic touch in creating flawless pop masterpieces. Then wam bam bang Glory was released and I am incredibly impressed and proud of Brit for releasing yet another amazing instalment to her discography. :crying2:

2.    Anti 

3.    Dangerous Woman

4.     Views 

5.     Lemonade 

I'm really more a casual fan and just like songs here and there, But like her previous album, she released a quality piece of work. 

Anyways, these were the albums I enjoyed the most this year. 

For me

1.   Glory 

To be completely honest, I had extreamly low expections after Britney Jean and Pretty Girls, like a lot of others, I briefly thought Brit had lost her magic touch in creating flawless pop masterpieces. Than wam bam bang Glory was released and I am incredibly impressed and proud of Brit for releasing yet another amazing instalment to her discography. :crying2:

2.    Anti 

3.    Dangerous Woman

4.     Views 

5.     Lemonade 

I'm really more a casual fan and just like songs here and there, But like her previous album, she released a quality piece of work. 

Anyways, these were the albums I enjoyed the most this year. 

I feel so sorry but I only liked Glory, Nemesis by Bridgit Mendler and Thank You by Meghan Trainor. The rest was plain boring imo.
I lowkey wish artists like Vanessa Hudgens, Heidi Montag, Brooke Hogan, Kesha, Ashley Tisdale, Justin Timberlake, That Poppy, Nicki Minaj, Paris Hilton, Paulina Rubio and Lindsay Lohan would release something soon. I know most of them are hasbeens but this world is so fucked up that flopping makes you stop.... Sad.

(1) Britney - Glory

(2) Alicia Keys - Here

(3) Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman

(4) Sia - This Is Acting

(5) Gaga - Joanne

(6) Beyonce - Lemonade

2016 was trash, so here's my faves from 2015:

(1 tied) Janet - Unbreakable 

(1 tied) Madonna - Rebel Heart

(3) Adele - 25

(4) Selena Gomez - Revival

(5) Coldplay - Head Full of Dreams

(6) Troye Sivan - Blue Neighbourhood

(7) David Guetta - Listen

I pretty much only listen to older shit tho. I can't stand stuff on the radio.

On 23/12/2016 at 2:18 PM, Skrillney. ≧﹏≦ said:

Mte. I love pop music from 1998-2011. If I like something current it must be JT, Britney, Meghan or Kesha. I feel like the golden years in pop music were 2006-2009 :/

2002-2009 :goodside:

The '90s and '80s had a lot of shitty music. There are some great songs and records, the ones we hear about all the time, but there was also a lot of BS.

X

• Like 1