Reasons glory flopped

werkit89

45 minutes ago, BlackoutEgo said:

Just because the public doesn't particularly care for a person or if the artist doesn't sell well doesn't mean they're career is over LMAO! I swear u need to stay off stan twitter for a while ? Her career is still going isn't it? Also they're not going to drop her lol she's a major artist that has been in the industry  for nearly 20 years. The only thing they can do is cut her era short just like Bj. I actually am stating facts it's just that you're one of the delusional stans that still thinks she still sells well & can get a number 1 ?.  And sweetie Britney did. It land at 52 you're really confused and do not even do your research. Gwen landed at 52 on the charts & Britney landed at 17 . I also didn't bash glory , there u go again putting words in my mouth just to use for ur defense but it's clearly not working.i clearly stated that I love the album and we should just appreciate the qualitative of it 

I'm not on twitter so don't confuse me with yourself. I never said her career wasn't going did I? No, thank you...After 25 years Dolly Parton has scored her first number 1 album...Just goes to show anyone can. No where did I state that she can't and can, you are the with these delusions that I'm this crazy stan because  don't go along with what you think. You've been bashing her and glory this whole thread, she isn't a selling artist, glory would have flopped either way, she can't sell digital....looks like bashing to me. "Used to Love You" was moderately successful after its release. In the United States, "Used to Love You" debuted at number three on the Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles chart, which serves as an extension to the Billboard Hot 100. But yet Britney's to old and meanwhile "Can't Stop the Feeling!" debut at No. 1 on the US Billboard Hot 100 on the May 28, 2016, marking Justin Timberlake's fifth chart-topping single in the country and he's one year older then Britney.  Like I've been saying age isn't a factor in any of this.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Johnnyda said:

I'm not on twitter so don't confuse me with yourself. I never said her career wasn't going did I? No, thank you...After 25 years Dolly Parton has scored her first number 1 album...Just goes to show anyone can. No where did I state that she can't and can, you are the with these delusions that I'm this crazy stan because  don't go along with what you think. You've been bashing her and glory this whole thread, she isn't a selling artist, glory would have flopped either way, she can't sell digital....looks like bashing to me. "Used to Love You" was moderately successful after its release. In the United States, "Used to Love You" debuted at number three on the Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles chart, which serves as an extension to the Billboard Hot 100. But yet Britney's to old and meanwhile "Can't Stop the Feeling!" debut at No. 1 on the US Billboard Hot 100 on the May 28, 2016, marking Justin Timberlake's fifth chart-topping single in the country and he's one year older then Britney.  Like I've been saying age isn't a factor in any of this.

Delusions LMAO Im simply going by what you're saying now u want to rephrase the things you're saying and trying to put words in my mouth. I also never stated that u said her career was going, you're trying to phrase that on me as if I said that. And did u seriously say that Gwen was #3 on the bubbling under hot 100? IM SCREAMING ! ? Sweetie that's bad & not an achievement at all. Omg I can't stop laughing! I think it's pretty much clear I'm talking to a delusional stan that doesn't know what he's talking about. Also Justin had payola which helped him as well as promotion from the filmmakers of trolls which is major. Just wait till Justin releases his own single & doesn't have a major motion film behind him. And again I tell u, just because I said she's no longer a selling artist & the gp doesn't care for her as much anymore doesn't mean I'm trashing her or her album. There's a complete difference between telling the truth & actually shading but u wouldn't know that since you live in your own delusional world. 

I love Britney but from a marketing standpoint, Britney is not well-respected by the GP.  Vegas is often known as a place for "has-beens" which doesn't help the situation.  Many think she cannot sing or dance.  Carpool Karaoke or the VMA's did little to change those opinions.  For an album to be successful, an artist needs to appeal to a wider demographic.  Britney needs to prove she is talented if she wants to gain dominance on the charts.  Something like the "Alien" leak was never addressed by her team but it was trending worldwide on Facebook and really hurt her cause.  If she came out and sang an acoustic version of Alien, that would've been the best damage control.  The problem is she is heavily scrutinized but rarely proves the haters wrong.  Her performances have definitely improved but many fans left already and there have not been any electrifying performances or iconic music videos.

Beyond this, she needs to do something to reinvent herself lyrically.  Most of Glory is about sex, which is the same as Femme Fatale.  Some songs lyrically are on the same level as In The Zone.  She needs people to stop and say did you see the new Britney video?  Something out of character and unexpected creatively is needed to grab peoples attention, in a good way.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, InTheToxicZone said:

I love Britney but from a marketing standpoint, Britney is not well-respected by the GP.  Vegas is often known as a place for "has-beens" which doesn't help the situation.  Many think she cannot sing or dance.  Carpool Karaoke or the VMA's did little to change those opinions.  For an album to be successful, an artist needs to appeal to a wider demographic.  Britney needs to prove she is talented if she wants to gain dominance on the charts.  Something like the "Alien" leak was never addressed by her team but it was trending worldwide on Facebook and really hurt her cause.  If she came out and sang an acoustic version of Alien, that would've been the best damage control.  The problem is she is heavily scrutinized but rarely proves the haters wrong.  Her performances have definitely improved but many fans left already and there have not been any electrifying performances or iconic music videos.

Beyond this, she needs to do something to reinvent herself lyrically.  Most of Glory is about sex, which is the same as Femme Fatale.  Some songs lyrically are on the same level as In The Zone.  She needs people to stop and say did you see the new Britney video?  Something out of character and unexpected creatively is needed to grab peoples attention, in a good way.

:clap::clapbighand::cuteclap:

It's unfortunate, but very true, and because of this she gets virtually no support from pop radio too. Glory sits very well with Revival & Dangerous Woman but isn't seeing any of the same support or chart success.   Unlike her peers Beyoncé, P!nk, and (yes) J.LO she hasn't proven she can sing when left to her own devices in a really, really long time.  I don't understand why both she and her team went complete radio silence when that raw "Alien" leak happened, they let that mess go viral perpetrating what's said about her as a singer: she simply can't sing and needs a lot of studio trickery.   That would have been a great opportunity to at least try and turn the narrative around because at this point the most shocking thing Britney can do is live singing. 

Glory is such a great album and the music really speaks for itself.  I'm legit obsessed with this one, but I couldn't agree more.  B10 needs to move past the bedroom.    

• Like 3

I agree there are no instant hits

Like her previous lead singles, where you hear it and are instantly like wow this is massive

It feels like a filler album, with really good fillers, I mean I honesty love every song on it.

So while I think that my original points played a big part I also believe it feels like an album of fillers.

But I'd take ag reat filler album than a popular album with a few good tracks:smokeney:

• Like 1

On 15/10/2016 at 7:03 PM, Johnnyda said:

People still buy hard copy albums if you miss out on them, it's less albums sold. There is no Oops, Toxic, Against Me, or The World Ends  on this album. No massive hit. Radio is joke and works on payola, that's why Lady Gaga song isn't on the radio 24/7, her label isn't paying for it anymore. Madonna has age problems not Britney, Gwen Stefani who is much older than Britney, Gwen had great success single for " I Use To Love You" ...so the age point isn't towards Britney, she's much to young 

Madonna is older ...BUT, she's more fit than any younger artist...and she's still doing a WW tour with each album and she makes them singing live. THat's why she's still being nº1 in quite countries with each album, not only in USA. 

Britney sells what the fanbase buy. That's all. Good girls who are always posting family videos don't became pop icons.... She is focused in her children and she shows a good-mother image of herself, she is not going to be a naughty girl anymore, so she's not going to be a pop icon anymore.  Also she doesn't care her abroad fans, she stays in LV and doesn't promote at all out from USA. 

She doesn't deserve the abroad fans love, and some near day, she'll lose our purchases too.