Larry talks to LA times regarding the scrapped 'Make Me' video

BlackoutEgo

image.jpeg

There were rumors that's Spears rejected the clip because it was too sexy.

Larry: "It's really simple. The video just didn't work" "this is the first time we've reshot a video, & because it's Britney there are all kinds of conspiricies. Nobody is hiding anything" 

http://lat.ms/2ce4Do0

Wtf ! That video clearly would of worked, everyone loved what they saw so far. They do anything to fuck it up ugh

• Like 3

I'm just going against the norm and say this - I'm actually kind of glad it was cut, and here's why....

It was WAY TOO MUCH sex, and something Britney has never been is TOO MUCH sex.
Yes, Britney is sex, but the way she uses sex is not vulgar, it's not in your face, it's done is a way that makes you question how sexual it is. It's done in a way that's always elegant & classy. 
Plus, Britney's image has become a lot more wholesome & grown up, and not so centered around her sex appeal. Not to mention, the execution of the product placement was not well executed either. 
From what I saw of the video, it was trashy, and it painted an image I don't think Britney wanted for herself. 

Do I think that scrapping the video entirely was a good idea? No. 
They should have used the original dance scenes, and somehow blended the two versions together. 
I think what the Make Me video we have is missing, is an actual dancing scene - one with actual choreography & fellow dancers.
I also do not think the one we have is bad, but because we had images of the other, we were disappointed. The new one is cute, quirky, and fun. It's very Britney. 

• Like 13

2 minutes ago, AudioBritneyBeats said:

I'm just going against the norm and say this - I'm actually kind of glad it was cut, and here's why....

Yes, Britney is sex, but the way she uses sex is not vulgar, it's not in your face, it's done is a way that makes you question how sexual it is. It's done in a way that's always elegant & classy. 
Plus, Britney's image has become a lot more wholesome & grown up, and not so centered around her sex appeal. Not to mention, the execution of the product placement was not well executed either. 
From what I saw of the video, it was trashy, and it painted an image I don't think Britney wanted for herself. 

They should have used the original dance scenes, and somehow blended the two versions together. 
I think what the Make Me video we have is missing, is an actual dancing scene - one with actual choreography & fellow dancers.
I also do not think the one we have is bad, but because we had images of the other, we were disappointed. The new one is cute, quirky, and fun. It's very Britney. 

Agreed. I actually wasn't a fan of the clips we saw from the original video. I'm not sure if I'm missing what made it seem so great, but it's beyond me. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AudioBritneyBeats said:

Are u from the new generation where u haven't seen what she's done in the past? Almost Britney's whole career is based on that & so is Janet's. I mean Slave 4 u ? Toxic? Hello lol 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, AudioBritneyBeats said:

I'm here for the original version because it was visually so much better and creative. I understand if Britney thought it projected her in a way she didn't want and if that really was the reason, Larry or Britney should say that. The whole video thing is still stirring and all her team has said about it is "there is no conspiracy" and "it didn't work." Why are they being so short about it? 

I'm glad we at least have the leaked version because personally, I love everything about it. I get it's sexual, but Britney hasn't always just been "suggestive" sexually. She has done a lot of fairly explicit photo shoots, videos and concerts. I don't see a huge difference between these clips and the original MM video. She also grabs a dancer's crotch in POM and doesn't she simulate oral sex on him as part of the choreo?

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, BlackoutEgo said:

Are u from the new generation where u haven't seen what she's done in the past? Almost Britney's whole career is based on that & so is Janet's. I mean Slave 4 u ? Toxic? Hello lol 

Lmfao, I'm old enough to say I can remember the release of the BOMT video. I was young, but I remember it. Lmao. 
Second of all, again, those videos were sexy, but they weren't trashy & vulgar.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Ricki Lake said:

I'm here for the original version because it was visually so much better and creative. I understand if Britney thought it projected her in a way she didn't want and if that really was the reason, Larry or Britney should say that. The whole video thing is still stirring and all her team has said about it is "there is no conspiracy" and "it didn't work." Why are they being so short about it? 

I'm glad we at least have the leaked version because personally, I love everything about it. I get it's sexual, but Britney hasn't always just been "suggestive" sexually. She has done a lot of fairly explicit photo shoots, videos and concerts. I don't see a huge difference between these clips and the original MM video. She also grabs a dancer's crotch in POM and doesn't she simulate oral sex on him as part of the choreo?

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

You finally said something that I can agree with ! THANK U & FUCKING PREACH !!!!  It's a sexual song & there for a sexual video. I honestly just don't get her teams logic. Like they see what she's doing on set, like why not say something while they're on set instead of wasting the directors time editing & putting together. They obviously seen the video in full when it was completed and decided to scrap it 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ricki Lake said:

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

Stage Routines & Music Videos are two different things, and have a completely different exposure/audience level.
Britney's been very sexual, but it's never again, seemed Trashy, or Vulgar, and almost degrading too the point that some of the original Make Me scenes portrayed.

Truthfully, I like the dancing scene with the guys, and I really wish they had found a way to use that, and maybe shot a video that would have worked with that. 
I think that it's specific scenes from the original that made it appear tasteless, and vulgar, and just...idk it lacked something to me. 

• Like 2

He's right though. Because it's Britney everyone has something to say as if there's some big conspiracy and there clearly isn't. Not everyone was a fan of the original, myself included. I didn't like how vulgar it was. Yes, Britney's seen as a "sex symbol" and always gives sex in videos/performances but it's never been as vulgar as the original make me was. It wasn't even that trashy in gimme more and girlfriend was on a stripper pole for 99% of that video. The original wasn't great, but neither is the one we have now. It's cheesy (Britney loves cheesy) and you could easily see how they scrambled and put together something quickly. Neither video is good, and honestly had they combined the two ideas (the dancing from the original with the concept of the one we have now revised for less cheese) it would have been perfect. But either on their own isn't, nor is one better than the other because they're both flawed.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AudioBritneyBeats said:

Stage Routines & Music Videos are two different things, and have a completely different exposure/audience level.
Britney's been very sexual, but it's never again, seemed Trashy, or Vulgar, and almost degrading too the point that some of the original Make Me scenes portrayed.

Truthfully, I like the dancing scene with the guys, and I really wish they had found a way to use that, and maybe shot a video that would have worked with that. 
I think that it's specific scenes from the original that made it appear tasteless, and vulgar, and just...idk it lacked something to me. 

the thing with G Eazy was kinda gross tbh but that part could have easily been fixed (like how they used it in the released version.) 

I loved the cheetahs tbh. That's such a David LaChapelle thing and I think a lot of people were just like "ew cheetahs that's stupid" and didn't appreciate it. 

I hope it leaks some day, but I don't think it will :crying1:

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, AudioBritneyBeats said:

Lmfao, I'm old enough to say I can remember the release of the BOMT video. I was young, but I remember it. Lmao. 
Second of all, again, those videos were sexy, but they weren't trashy & vulgar.

How was the video trashy ? She was naked in red glitter just like the toxic video (naked w/ crystals glued to her)  and she also did choreo with half naked men around her (just like slave) . The song is sexual so what do u expect the video to be like? Lol .. If u add everything up it resembles to what she has done in her past. 

5 minutes ago, heather said:

He's right though. Because it's Britney everyone has something to say as if there's some big conspiracy and there clearly isn't. Not everyone was a fan of the original, myself included. I didn't like how vulgar it was. Yes, Britney's seen as a "sex symbol" and always gives sex in videos/performances but it's never been as vulgar as the original make me was. It wasn't even that trashy in gimme more and girlfriend was on a stripper pole for 99% of that video. The original wasn't great, but neither is the one we have now. It's cheesy (Britney loves cheesy) and you could easily see how they scrambled and put together something quickly. Neither video is good, and honestly had they combined the two ideas (the dancing from the original with the concept of the one we have now revised for less cheese) it would have been perfect. But either on their own isn't, nor is one better than the other because they're both flawed.

The videos basically resembles everything she's done tho lol. 

Make Me: naked in red body glitter

Toxic: naked w/ glued crystals

Make Me: underground doing choreo w/ half naked men 

slave: doing choreo w/ half naked sweaty men. 

I mean it it a sexual song so u would think otherwise when it came down to a video. I do agree with the new make me video tho. It's basically a product commercial tbh 

8 minutes ago, BlackoutEgo said:

How was the video trashy ? She was naked in red glitter just like the toxic video (naked w/ crystals glued to her)  and she also did choreo with half naked men around her (just like slave) . The song is sexual so what do u expect the video to be like? Lol .. If u add everything up it resembles to what she has done in her past. 

Except the Execution of those similar ideas is COMPLETELY different.
Britney did not have Crystals on her, SHE WAS PAINTED with red paint and covered in Glitter & placed in a cage. Big difference.
Second, the choreography is completely different. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BlackoutEgo said:

The videos basically resembles everything she's done tho lol. 

Make Me: naked in red body glitter

Toxic: naked w/ glued crystals

Make Me: underground doing choreo w/ half naked men 

slave: doing choreo w/ half naked sweaty men. 

I mean it it a sexual song so u would think otherwise when it came down to a video. I do agree with the new make me video tho. It's basically a product commercial tbh 

For slave it comes down to the costume and the actual choreography. Yeah, make me is a sexual song, and so is slave but the slave choreography wasn't as sexual as the make me choreography is, plus she was more covered in slave than she was in make me. For the toxic comparison it comes down to the overall vibe of the video. In toxic she was that bad ass super villain, in make me she was literally like some sex slave in a cage waiting for whatever.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, PopMusicJunkie said:

Larry just needs to stop talking to the press period, tbh, (1) he makes my left eye twitch uncontrollably and (2) his justifications always makes everything worse. :ohno:

The way he hypes everything, "she's at her best" "she hasn't sung like this in years" and then we got BJ's muffled and drowned out vocals that weren't even all sung by her smh. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ricki Lake said:

The way he hypes everything, "she's at her best" "she hasn't sung like this in years" and then we got BJ's muffled and drowned out vocals that weren't even all sung by her smh. 

Britney Jean (feat. Myah Marie) is an album that pisses me off.  I don't understand why they even tried it with that album but I'm glad it proved to be unsuccessful.  :hairtie:

Let's not forget him going on record about Britney's extensive training to sing live for her POM shows. :eeek: What kind of manager says crap like that only to have their client look bad?  It's mind boggling the stuff that comes out of his mouth and it's always wrong. :lul:

• Like 1

Why does everyone assume it got scrapped for being too sexy? Team Britney did service the teaser clips to the press before the delay so obviously they saw it and had agreeed to the concept. It may have gotten scrapped because of the sponsors objections. In that case all Larry is going to say is that it didnt work because if he goes into more detail he's probably going to piss them off by saying  "well she looked great but the sponsors deemed the video too graphic" because that would make them look spineless and would certainly invite some of the crazier members of the fanbase to harrass their twitters feeds asking questions about why they blocked the video. 

He's playing it safe. Plus honestly why the video got blocked is no one's  business but the people involved. Please let it go.

6 minutes ago, PopMusicJunkie said:

Britney Jean (feat. Myah Marie) is an album that pisses me off.  I don't understand why they even tried it with that album but I'm glad it proved to be unsuccessful.  :hairtie:

Let's not forget him going on record about Britney's extensive training to sing live for her POM shows. :eeek: What kind of manager says crap like that only to have their client look bad?  It's mind boggling the stuff that comes out of his mouth and it's always wrong. :lul:

omg I forgot all about the "Vegas will be 100% live" comments. So embarrassing. :iwannago:

• Like 2

Larry you're an asshole, you give all the good promotion or ideas to 5h and mile Cyrus, when it comes to Britney, who paid for your house, cars, etc, it's always a mess. FIY the video that didn't work was the released one, it flopped hard, couldn't even reached 30 million views, and made radio and fans give up on the song. Even if you don't like the original video, you can't deny that the released one is TRASH!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Freakboi said:

Larry you're an asshole, you give all the good promotion or ideas to 5h and mile Cyrus, when it comes to Britney, who paid for your house, cars, etc, it's always a mess. FIY the video that didn't work was the released one, it flopped hard, couldn't even reached 30 million views, and made radio and fans give up on the song. Even if you don't like the original video, you can't deny that the released one is TRASH!

You do know Larry isn't actually their managers right? 
They are just signed under his name, and management company.
Adam Leber is Miley's Manager (notice he's never with Brit), and 5H have a different manager.