Brexit - Anyone Else Worried?

David

As many of you probably know, United Kingdom is holding a referendum this Thursday to decide whether or not to stay in the European Union. The polls are quite literally neck to neck but sadly the Leave campaign has been gaining momentum and speed for a long time, which is terrifying.

Anyone else here voting? In? Out? Worried? Excited? It's a huge deal here. 

12 hours ago, Ariana Grande said:

I heard, but since I'm not from there I haven't really paid attention to it.

Mind educating me? What are the pros and cons? 

The European Union is the biggest peace project in history. It allowed countries to unite after the war and make sure that problems are solved through discussion and cooperation rather than conflict and bullets. It allows Britain to trade freely and without any major tariffs with other European countries which is hugely beneficial for the economic growth and the cost of living would increase significantly if Britain was to leave, as we would be charged more for imports. The value of the British currency would also decrease. The European Union is also allowing for free movement of labour meaning that people living in the EU countries are free to migrate. It has been proven by a number of reliable sources that EU migrants contribute to the economy more than they "drain it" and without them, the NHS (public health service) would simply collapse. 

Furthermore, Britain's politics are highly flawed. You might be surprised here, but Britain doesn't have workers rights (!!!). Because of the European Union regulations, such laws had to be introduced to protect workers from unfair treatment or discrimination and provide maternity leave. The Conservative government that's in power here tried to scrap those rights (!!!) many times in the past but were blocked by the EU as they are trying to ensure fairness for all and not just the elite. 

The benefits are huge, especially in terms of economics. The Bank of England, IMF, World Bank, everyone confirms that we are better off in. Unfortunately, the Leave campaign is pulling the racist card and it's working. They are trying to paint the migration system as something that's dangerous and destroying the national values. They claim that Britain has no legal freedom because of EU restrictions (such as with workers rights) even though EU only controls about 16% of UK law. They use the fact that we pay in more in membership fees than we get back but they completely neglect the fact that we make the money back through trade and tourism. 

It's putting millions of legal EU migrants at risk, including myself. I was born in Poland but lived in the UK for almost half a decade now. My parents work hard every day, pay their taxes and contribute heavily to the system. I am a university student and I'm proud of what I've achieved so far. As the EU citizen, I have the same rights as any other person that was born here. I am allowed to live here, work and study. If Britain ends up leaving, all of my rights will be simply put at risk. I'm honestly terrified. 

It's a shit show. 

I'm gonna be selfish and say that I hope the UK doesn't leave the EU. A lot of Spanish people migrate there and it seems like there are many work opportunities there, so I'd like to be able to choose to go there in the future. Also, turism is the key of my area's economy and we receive a lot of British people every year, so I know that we would be very affected if the brexit option won. 

Overall, I'm not very educated on this issue, but for what I've seen some of the people who want the UK to leave the EU base their arguments on kind of a fascist speech ("Let's make our nation great again", "Stop inmigration") and that can never be good.

• Like 2

Even those who voted for the Brexit are realising that they made a huge mistake and the entire continent is literally telling the UK that they fucked up, so I hope that they can find a solution for this mess, because this whole situation is gonna end up blowing up in everyone's faces.

• Like 1

I honestly wish the US had what the EU has, and that's unity and hope. I think the UK should stay in it, and still keep everything they have now. Plus if I remember right, the way jobs work over there and the rights they have being born in the EU are very beneficial. They honestly should not give up all this help and unity :tbh: 

i I mean do they want to end up like us? :frenchy: a sh*t country that's about to be ran by a fake mean dude with a piece of burnt grass for hair :mhm: 

• 4 weeks later...
On 28-6-2016 at 4:14 PM, JoshLee said:

I honestly wish the US had what the EU has, and that's unity and hope. I think the UK should stay in it, and still keep everything they have now. Plus if I remember right, the way jobs work over there and the rights they have being born in the EU are very beneficial. They honestly should not give up all this help and unity :tbh: 

i I mean do they want to end up like us? :frenchy: a sh*t country that's about to be ran by a fake mean dude with a piece of burnt grass for hair :mhm: 

unity and hope???

The eu is the biggest failed multicultural super project ever.

i myself cannot wait to exit the eu because the eu isn't really a fairytale people make.

my country pays the most money and we recieve nothing back in return.

• 1 month later...

No I was not worried because I saw through the lies and bullshit from the media trying to scare and manipulate us into remaining 

Now our economy is the best it's been on over a decade countries are lining up for trade deals and eventually we'll be away from the nazi eu (European union, the policitcal union)

Look at the German and French economies compared to the UK hell look what the eu did to Greece 

The euro is collapsing and bringing the economies who use it down with it

The eu is a massive nazi style dictatorship all about power money and control.

On 28/06/2016 at 3:14 PM, JoshLee said:

You really are deluded

You need to wake up and smell the coffee and see the eu for what it really is not just what your manipulated into thinking

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=Ksfj1QGPNvg

On 24/06/2016 at 5:17 PM, I_need_me said:

Even those who voted for the Brexit are realising that they made a huge mistake and the entire continent is literally telling the UK that they fucked up, so I hope that they can find a solution for this mess, because this whole situation is gonna end up blowing up in everyone's faces.

This is old but what bullshit, don't be a media sheep

Everyone I know ncluding me and most people I spoke to voted leave and they dont regret a thing 

It was the most important vote I've ever had and I'd vote leave every single time.

Another libtard who knows nothing