Lemonade Is Here!

CaptaiN

Due to "Formation," I thought this project was going to be more politically-charged.  But Lemonade focuses on a recurring theme for her: infidelity and being a powerful (independent) woman.  So I was slightly disappointed because the visuals didn't quite capture what she was actually singing about. Overall I'd rate this album highly, she has proven she doesn't care about getting hits on radio anymore and for her it doesn't even matter.  Beyoncé is in a league all her own.  

It has some quality songs in there but I don't think itccan produce 3 top ten hits like Femme Fatale. She needs to ho back to her roots. Her first three albums were fire. The last three are definately not as good.

Except the point of the last three albums WASN'T to get hits? Ever since 4, she's been trying to make music that she likes herself + thinks is good, not music that will do well on the charts. Dangerously in Love, B'Day + I Am Sasha Fierce were the only albums whereby she was aiming for chart success. 4, Beyonce and Lemonade have specifically been about #musicnotthebling.

• Like 1

It has some quality songs in there but I don't think itccan produce 3 top ten hits like Femme Fatale. She needs to ho back to her roots. Her first three albums were fire. The last three are definately not as good.

I think that Beyonce and Lemonade are the best albums Beyonce released.. That might be an unpopular opinion - but I love that her sound is different and experimental - she is doing music she enjoys making and you can hear the passion. 

I love Lemonade - the album is power! 

• Like 1

Except the point of the last three albums WASN'T to get hits? Ever since 4, she's been trying to make music that she likes herself + thinks is good, not music that will do well on the charts. Dangerously in Love, B'Day + I Am Sasha Fierce were the only albums whereby she was aiming for chart success. 4, Beyonce and Lemonade have specifically been about #musicnotthebling.

This! Her last 2 albums were her best imo.. You can hear she is doing music she is passionate about and it works. 

• Like 1

“Lemonade†is the kind of album that a star like Beyoncé (as well as, lately, Rihanna) can release in the streaming era because she’s already guaranteed attention for her every utterance. The album is not beholden to radio formats or presold by a single; fans are likely to explore the whole album, streaming every track and hearing how far afield — a brass band, stomping blues-rock, ultraslow avant-R&B — Beyoncé is willing to go. As she did with her 2013 album, “Beyoncé,†she has also paired the music with full-length video that expands and deepens its impact.

:clap:

This whole review from The New York Times is great.

• Like 1

I often have a dream Britney would one day do the same  :crying1:

I hope for the same widespread acclaim, I have no problem with an album that isn't experimental or forward-thinking, but B9 needs to be undeniably great and something that feels authentic.  Basically everything Britney Jean wasn't.  :nailbiter:  (Bare stands as the best album she never released, and with some lyrical updates it would slay easily in '16.)